PDA

View Full Version : Super 7 to attempt world records

AlienDB7
09-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Just came across this news:

September 15, 2003

Super 7 to attempt world records

Chemainus, B.C. - A left-hand drive Caterham SUPER7 GSXR 1300 Hayabusa Roadster will attempt to break world speed records at an airstrip in Nanaimo, B.C. on Wednesday.

The records challenged will include Zero to 60 mph, Standing ¼ mile, Zero to 100 mph to zero, 60 ft. circle 'g' load rating, and fastest speed in reverse gear.

The SUPER7 is a new version of the Caterham Super 7 sports car powererd by a 185 horsepower Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle engine and six speed sequential manual transmission. The car is produced under license by Ennerdale Engineering in Chemainus, British Columbia.

The world record attempts will be made by ex-professional CAN AM race car driver, David Saville Peck, founder of Ennerdale Engineering and president of SUPER7 Cars Inc.

For more information see www.super7cars.com.

Source: http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/030915-2.htm

The "fastest speed in reverse gear" part will be very interesting.

TT
09-15-2003, 04:50 AM
LMAO, I was not aware there is also a world record of the fastet car in reverse gear :D but well, there is a record for everything...
I'm curious about the results of the Caterham :D

gat
09-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Should be interesting,

lol, i like the reverse gear test....not that you would ever, ever need to floor it and try get a top speed out of reverse, but hey at least they can get a record out of it.

I also guess that they will have to beat the Tiger Z100's 0-60 time of about 2.96 secs.

Its gonna have to be a serious machine to beat that...

Good luck to them

AlienDB7
09-24-2003, 12:24 AM
The results: http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/030924-3.htm

The 0-60 time isn't that fast, but the revese speed is:

In addition, the Super7 attempted a world speed record attempt in reverse. The result was 102.2 mph in reverse with no modifications of any kind. An investigation is underway to determine if this sets a new record.

The Super7 is licensed by Caterham Cars UK as the only world manufacturer and supplier of left-hand drive motorcycle powered Caterham Super7s. The Super7 GSXR 1300 Hayabusa is fully road legal, BC inspected and certified, meeting all the requirements of the Road Traffic Act.

Coincidentally, I saw one of those on the road last week. Pretty nice car.

GT-R_R34
09-24-2003, 01:25 AM
i would like to see something going over 100mph in reverse.

gis
09-24-2003, 08:18 AM
lol,102mph in reverse,id really love to try that out.

even for bein completely stock the car is still very quick