16 Jos Verstappen Minardi Cosworth + 26 laps
17 Jenson Button BAR Honda + 29 laps
18 Cristiano Da Matta Toyota + 50 laps
19 Justin Wilson Jaguar + 51 laps
20 Jarno Trulli Renault + 53 laps

noosee
09-14-2003, 03:23 PM
At last :)
The only bad thing was that montoya was 2nd.
It will be tight with 3 points difference and two races.

stradale
09-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Finally a win for Schumi again. I like an axciting championship, but I thought I had a heart attack when they went into the chicane side by side. Good driving from both of them by the way.

How strong are those Renaults anyway? Looks to me Alonso could have taken his car rallying and it wouldn't have broken.

Looking forward to the next two races... :o

TT
09-14-2003, 04:48 PM
The first lap was maybe the best we saw this season! Fierce and clean battle between Schumi and JPM :) To bad Jarno had to give up so soon!! :( Very bad day for Renault... and also McLaren didn't shine... while the Williams did good, especially Gene! I wonder what Ralph could have done :D
And more records for Michael ;) fastest speed ever in F1 and fastest average speed during a GP :D

And well, the new point system is superb IMO! It was a while ago when we last saw a season still not closed in September :D

SDK2003
09-14-2003, 05:03 PM
I find it amazing that after everthing that happened to him Alonso finished 8th scoring 1 point

fastest speed ever in F1 and fastest average speed during a GP :D

He missed the fatest average speed record by 1mph

alondahan
09-14-2003, 05:06 PM
And more records for Michael ;) fastest speed ever in F1 and fastest average speed during a GP :D

can you tell me what was the fastest speed? sadly I couldn't watch the race :(

TT
09-14-2003, 05:31 PM
He had a top speed of 368 km/h, and they said it's the record.. I trusted the speaker :)

alondahan
09-14-2003, 05:37 PM
He had a top speed of 368 km/h, and they said it's the record.. I trusted the speaker :)

wohooo 368 km/h!!!! :shock:
I didn't think F1 cars can reach such speeds (they have very high cd), but it sure is nice to know they can. :twisted:

initiala4
09-14-2003, 06:55 PM
oi.....Schumacher wins again....but still a tight race ahead...I wonder whos going to get the crown? :D i cheer for Schumi!

tekwar
09-14-2003, 08:28 PM
that was a fantastic 2nd corner battle on the first lap. sadly montoya getting slowed down the backmarkers spoiled what looked to be an exciting race for us fans. was surprised to see the mclarens so close on the first stint, but kinda went back to reality after the first pits. pity for renaults. and a good job by gene after 3 years out from a f1 race.

with the US GP 2 weeks away, will the michelins shine again in a high downforce race which so far seem to favour their tires unlike the low downforce nature of the monza circuit. cant wait for that race. hopefully we will see williams with mclaren and renault battling it out front with the tifossi.

SFDMALEX
09-14-2003, 10:35 PM
And well, the new point system is superb IMO! It was a while ago when we last saw a season still not closed in September :D

Really TT? I think its not fair for a winner only to open up a 2 points lead from the second place.

Think about it, Shumi won so many race's and he only got this tiny lead, montoya won only 2 race's and he's only 3 points behind?

Thats 5 wins Vs 2 wins and only 3 points seperating the two. I dont think thats fair, even the David Hobs said that the point system is not good. Putting aside their other finishing positions but 5 wins is hell lot of wins.

Yes it makes the season exciting but put your self in Shumi's shoes, you are trying your hardest you win 5 races, and all you get is a lousy 3 point lead.

stracing
09-14-2003, 11:39 PM

wohooo 368 km/h!!!! :shock:
I didn't think F1 cars can reach such speeds (they have very high cd), but it sure is nice to know they can. :twisted:

368 was inevitable...this speed will continue to climb until fia thinks of something stupid again. plus the ferrari is uber slippery.

so what is their cd then smarty pants? :P

stracing
09-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Thats 5 wins Vs 2 wins and only 3 points seperating the two. I dont think thats fair, even the David Hobs said that the point system is not good. Putting aside their other finishing positions but 5 wins is hell lot of wins.

yea but schumi fucked up in the last 4 races while montoya played major catch up

noosee
09-15-2003, 04:12 AM
Really TT? I think its not fair for a winner only to open up a 2 points lead from the second place.

Think about it, Shumi won so many race's and he only got this tiny lead, montoya won only 2 race's and he's only 3 points behind?

Totally agree. 2 points between 1st and 2nd. Same difference as between 2nd and 3rd. Thats unfair. I think it would be better for them to make 10 for first, 7 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd and then 5 4 3 2 1.

TT
09-15-2003, 04:56 AM

Yes it makes the season exciting but put your self in Shumi's shoes, you are trying your hardest you win 5 races, and all you get is a lousy 3 point lead.

Yeh, I see your point, but IMO yes, it's better: Schumi won 5 races ok, but he sucked in some others ;) I prefer to see a consistent driver rewarded ;) and if these new points were used last season when he won a lot and was very consistent, he would have had a big lead anyway... this year he simply had some high and some low moments, and it's true that Kimi or Montoya or even Ralph are rewarded and still in touch.. :)

tekwar
09-15-2003, 07:18 AM
The points system basically resembles that of cart where they reward consistency over wins. I personally prefer the old system because im old school and i like to see the drivers fight it out for the win. With this points system, there isnt much incentive for risking to go for the win, there isnt enough points difference. Although it definitely makes it much more exciting. There are many rumors of things to change for next season, i wonder if the points system will remain intact. I think the bigger problem is the qualifying which is sickenly boring to watch. But i guess its a bit silly to look so far ahead when we have such a great season closing races to come.

SDK2003
09-15-2003, 06:02 PM

My apologies TT - I was wrong

MS did get the highest recorded average speed over the course of 190miles - 154.74mph