PDA

View Full Version : Carrera GT sound: inside vs. outside - so different

supercarfreak
08-30-2004, 01:07 AM
I just noticed something: how different the car sounds from inside the cabin and outside of it.

Yellow CGT doing a lap around a track - cockpit view: http://supercarfreak.net/741.mpg
Seal Grey CGT doing a lap around a different track - outside view: http://supercarfreak.net/vkd_carreragt_zandvoort.wmv

yg60m
08-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Yeah, true i notice that too but hopefully you can remove roofs so you can hear the engine from both inside and outside :wink:

Sydbom
08-30-2004, 05:28 AM
its like this with ALL cars!

TopGearNL
08-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Nice vid thanks :)

supertouring
08-30-2004, 11:04 AM
If any of you guys have been to an F1 race, if you litsen closely you can hear F1 sound coming out of that car. If you take those mufflers out, I bet you can hear that F1 sound perfectly. There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something. I've drven my dream car the GT-2 and now there is a new dream car and it's the Carrera GT.
I hope I get lucky. Nice videos. 8)

supercarfreak
08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
its like this with ALL cars!

No, it isn't, not THAT different.

TT
08-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Please dude, next time post in the multimedia forum in the Porsche section.. or else your topics will disappear when st-anger will see them ;)

sentra_dude
08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
If any of you guys have been to an F1 race, if you litsen closely you can hear F1 sound coming out of that car. If you take those mufflers out, I bet you can hear that F1 sound perfectly. There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something. I've drven my dream car the GT-2 and now there is a new dream car and it's the Carrera GT.
I hope I get lucky. Nice videos. 8)

I highly doubt that...

Porsche originally built this engine for endurance racing, and its much larger than an F1 engine. Why would they use a road-engine as a testing ground for a racing-engine anyways? :?

crayzayjay
08-31-2004, 06:21 PM
There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something.
Im sorry to say that isnt true. The V10 engines used in F1 cars have much smaller capacity, 3.0 vs the CGT's 5.7, which was designed for a Le Mans racer and absolutely nothing to do with F1 ;)

zmydust823
09-01-2004, 12:45 AM
holy crap that thing sounds so nice...but on that top gear they did it seems like if u push it, on the turns it will kick ur ass

st-anger
09-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Please dude, next time post in the multimedia forum in the Porsche section.. or else your topics will disappear when st-anger will see them ;)

agree...

plz guyz, this one would be just perfect for "Q&A Porsche discussion" or as matteo mentioned "Multi"...
so again, plz help me out a bit an post in the "right" forum, THX... :wink:

astonmartinandy
09-01-2004, 12:47 PM
That's an interesting point that I had never really thought about before. True, all cars sounds different from the outside, but this really is an incredible change in sound. Can anyone explain why there is such a difference in noise?

supercarfreak
09-01-2004, 03:56 PM
i apologize for posting this in the "video & picture links" forum.

supercarfreak
09-01-2004, 04:00 PM
by the way

technically this thread could have been posted in so many different places.

here in the porsche forum.
or
in the porsche multimedia thread.
or
in the porsche Q&A thread.
or
in the video and picture links forum.
or
in the Picture Audio And Video Requests / Offers - because im hosting the videos
or
in the Car Chat forum

So tell me this: why do you guys always get fucking pissed off at me when I misplace a thread?

LOL!!!!!!!!

st-anger
09-02-2004, 03:14 AM

lol, no need to apologize - i don´t have a problem when u post your stuff just anywhere, as long as you´ll learn from it...
just let me explain...when you post something Porsche related - and with a header like "Carrera GT..." it´s obvious that it´s about Porsche :wink: :)
so what i want is not to mke ppl pissed because "we" move around their topics and confusing everyone - i´d like that ppl "learn" to post in the right section, because just take your example, u posted something outside PC, TT moved it into PC and i should move it now to "Q&A" - and in the end all the discussion and post from other members are gone :(
so it would be nice when ppl immediately post in e.g. "Q&A" and the discussion starts in there....that´s what it´s all about... :wink:

so plz don´t be upset by "our" actions here - i know it´s kinda strange how we handle all this here, but hey - JW is a unique place on the net :P - so there should be a difference :lol: and on the long term i think it´s better like this - hope u understand and THX for your patience :D

CMonakar
09-06-2004, 02:04 AM
From inside the car seems too subdued. I prefer how it sounds from the outside, which is conveniently is also a much cheaper perspective to enjoy the car from;)

supercarfreak
09-06-2004, 09:18 PM

lol, no need to apologize - i don´t have a problem when u post your stuff just anywhere, as long as you´ll learn from it...
just let me explain...when you post something Porsche related - and with a header like "Carrera GT..." it´s obvious that it´s about Porsche :wink: :)
so what i want is not to mke ppl pissed because "we" move around their topics and confusing everyone - i´d like that ppl "learn" to post in the right section, because just take your example, u posted something outside PC, TT moved it into PC and i should move it now to "Q&A" - and in the end all the discussion and post from other members are gone :(
so it would be nice when ppl immediately post in e.g. "Q&A" and the discussion starts in there....that´s what it´s all about... :wink:

so plz don´t be upset by "our" actions here - i know it´s kinda strange how we handle all this here, but hey - JW is a unique place on the net :P - so there should be a difference :lol: and on the long term i think it´s better like this - hope u understand and THX for your patience :D

great post, i understand now, thanks :twisted:

gottacatchup
09-06-2004, 11:08 PM
When you're inside the car you hear the acctuall engine noise and from outside you're hearing the exhaust note, notice on the outside vid, it only starts to howl once its past the camera.

BTW: Anyone know what the song is in the beginning of the second vid?

KevPSR
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Heres a quick clip of the ride I took in a CGT a little while back...

It seems the video from inside the yellow CGT in the first post is with the windows up, well heres how it sounds with with windows down :D

Right Click, Save As pleaseee
http://www.srvidz.com/FQC4.wmv

crayzayjay
09-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the clip.

Why is the driver holding the wheel like my grandmother does?

crayzayjay
09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something.
Im sorry to say that isnt true. The V10 engines used in F1 cars have much smaller capacity, 3.0 vs the CGT's 5.7, which was designed for a Le Mans racer and absolutely nothing to do with F1 ;)

Not to mention that next year F1 engines will be V8... :wink:
Don't get me started on that ;)