PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned airfields

666fast
09-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Check it out, a list of abandoned airfields all over the states. Heh, they could be a fun place to beat the tar out of your car. Could be fun!

http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/index.htm

TT
09-12-2003, 07:08 PM
I already saw that link time ago.. a superb idea.. to bad Switzerland is so small and we don't have something like that! Every time I want to play a little, I have to search for hours for a good place...

novass
09-12-2003, 08:16 PM
ive been wondering about this for some time. can i just go to these airfields? i guess it probably differs with each one, but ive been wanting to find an airport where i can go and have some fun. thanks for the link, im gonna look into the nearby ones and see if i can raise some hell!

WRX
09-12-2003, 11:14 PM
That is cool. We go out to the one near me all the time and have a blast. Last time I was out there a 360 Spyder showed up and flew by us at what he said was 180mph. I have vids of several times out there but have no where to put them.

666fast
09-13-2003, 12:06 AM
That is cool. We go out to the one near me all the time and have a blast. Last time I was out there a 360 Spyder showed up and flew by us at what he said was 180mph. I have vids of several times out there but have no where to put them.

If it's less than 25MB, I can host them for a little bit.

Looking through the airports in Minnesota, one of them is only a few minutes drive from me. I think I might actually know where it is. I know where one is that isn't on the list, but the runways are dirt. We take my friends truck back there all the time. There is no way in hell you could get a car back there.

possessed_beaver
09-13-2003, 12:17 AM
mmm.. i know there is lots of abondened air fields in iraq, if u don't mind the ocasional crater...

WRX
09-14-2003, 10:36 AM
mmm.. i know there is lots of abondened air fields in iraq, if u don't mind the ocasional crater...

LOL

Kangaroo Boy
09-14-2003, 11:10 AM
LMAO,possesed beaver-Out in WA,Is there alot of open Roads?

possessed_beaver
09-14-2003, 12:17 PM
LMAO,possesed beaver-Out in WA,Is there alot of open Roads?

yeh heaps aye, i wana get a fast car and see if i can do a run upto 300km/h
it's very possible

stracing
09-14-2003, 11:51 PM
the best place to do that would be northern territory.

also they don't have points system on their license...so everytime i got flashed for speeding or redlight i send the infringement to my sister. its changed under her name so i don't lose points but i pay the fine

hemi_fan
09-27-2003, 12:20 AM
if u find a site like that with Canadian airfields, lemme kno... definitely would be fun acting like im a Top Gear driver out on the field with no worries of hitting walls, buildings, or cops.

Vansquish
10-01-2003, 03:59 PM
That's quite cool...makes me wonder how badly the Packard Proving ground in the "southern Michigan" category is damaged....muahahaha...could go and do some relatively high-speed runs :D :P

Vansquish
10-01-2003, 03:59 PM
That's quite cool...makes me wonder how badly the Packard Proving ground in the "southern Michigan" category is damaged....muahahaha...could go and do some relatively high-speed runs :D :P

Jabba
10-01-2003, 04:30 PM
nice double post...feel free to use the delete button....

Vansquish
10-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank you, I shall, sorry, I'm a little galempt when it comes to posting...specially since my internet connection is wonky most of the time