PDA

View Full Version : Racer

PaulGT2164
08-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey guys i know some of you have prolly seen/heard of this game before, but its awesome and i thought i would make a post about it

Its called Racer, its a free car simulation buy a guy who is a professor of automotive engineering or something

anyhows its not as polished as something you would buy, but the graphics are awesome, and the ease of modifying cars in it is awesome, i have several cars i have modded with enhanced or more realistc performance and custom paint schemes

you can get the game Version 5.0 final from
www.racer.nl
and there are a ton of cars here and tracks free for download here:
http://www.racer-xtreme.com/
i also like the forums here :
http://forum.rscnet.org/forum.php
they have a racer specific forum

for those who are into 3dmodeling its pretty easy to make cars for racer and for those who dont, there is a INI file in the cars directory where its easyt to edit HP, suspension, wheels/tires, etc, it also comes with a toolkit to do all this stuff
you can use a photo editing software that can edit TGA files and make your own custom paint jobs for the cars, and the physics regarding performance and handling is awesome

if there are enough ppl interested in this game i will host a "mega download" of all my fav cars and tracks and the game for download (it would be around 50-75mb)

my personal fav cars you can download for the game are the enzo, 333sp by iroker, and the truneo that you can download from the metioned sites and forums!
i also reccomend a steering wheel, cause the keyboard is nothing compared to a good wheel for the game, i have a logitech momo force that i love

there are a few free reallly good car sims out there also :
www.liveforspeed.com
www.NKZone.com

have fun!

ak1na
08-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Great game. Thanks! :D

Ziploc
08-21-2004, 09:03 PM
im sorry but between the imcompatibility of cars and tracks to different versions racer rarly seems as fun as NK or LFS

PaulGT2164
08-21-2004, 09:05 PM
granted its a lil fussier but i like it cause its so much more tweakable

Xploded
08-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Iv always loved this little game had it for a long time just updated to the lattest version not long ago. Love the cars and tracks, best bit is doing burnouts I reckon and trying to drfit he he :D :D :D