PDA

View Full Version : Enzo is a bit faster than we thought

HoboPie
08-19-2004, 03:52 PM
This isn't exactly fact just yet, but considering it comes from a site that actually has a ton of owners it probably isn't too far off especially considering that 366km/h Gumball run.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134364255#post134364255

Anyway if you go a little down the page you will see someone posting about an Enzo that did 235mph. Also contributing to credibility is the mention of the computer versus the speedo which is important.

BADMIHAI
08-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Anyway if you go a little down the page you will see someone posting about an Enzo that did 235mph.

Pics or STFU!

No.1
08-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Hmm.. even the car's computer may get it wrong, unless it recorded it's speed via GPS, which is doubtful :wink:

SilviaEvo
08-19-2004, 04:18 PM
In terms of top speed for an Enzo, a friend of mine has managed 377km/h (235 mph) in his on a public road. This speed was downloaded off the car's computer by a Ferrari technician, which is a real actual speed. The owner said that the speedo registered 385 km/h at the time and was on the red line.....
Yeah and my best friend is Bill Gates :wink:

TT
08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Yep I doubt the computer can be 100% accurate.. so, instead of "pics or STFU", GPS data or STFU :D

Mopsdrops
08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
It's all about how u drive the car in the begin, like the first 1000 km's. And the speed is always higher then in the manuel. my dad's previous car was said it goes about 207 km/h and whe did 238 km/h. and that can also be with the Enzo. :wink:

mindgam3
08-19-2004, 04:43 PM
or maybe it was just a downhill stretch of road.... ;)

redbaron
08-19-2004, 05:26 PM
I've red somewhere that Ferrari mechanics said it's possible to do at least 370 km/h with a "special" perpared ENZO. That's an ENZO with a light driver, no passenger, as less petrol as possible, no extra weight and at least 2 cm lowered suspension.

B.T.W don't forget the speed record of the McLaren F1 was set with a special prepaired car too!!!

bmagni
08-19-2004, 05:38 PM
i guess it might be capable of doing such speeds, doing not so good in the curves makes it go better in straight lines, we all know that... though to believe i must see more proof of it

RC45
08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Seems like the same type of arguments we have around here... "he say she say it is faster" - "look ths magazine says so" - "my cousins brother has a maid whose car did that"... :P

sentra_dude
08-19-2004, 08:11 PM
The 235mph speed...umm, I don't think so. Speedometers are notoriously inaccurate devices, so it could have been showing that speed...but maybe he had a tail-wind while driving down-hill on an empty gas tank with no mufflers...;)

budagboy2
08-19-2004, 08:39 PM
hmmm it certainly has the power to go that fast, but i dont really believe it. What did the nardo test show 220?

HoboPie
08-20-2004, 02:32 AM
The Nardo test was 221mph I believe, but it was at Nardo where the actual top speed is usually about 5 mph faster than what it achieved because of the banking.

That puts it at about 225, 226mph. There is also an actual picture of the Enzo's computer from a car that did 366km/h at the gumball. That is the one that raced Lonman's GT2 and that puts it at about 228mph.

There are many posts on it at Ferrarichat and that is certainly a legitimate claim.

FordGTGuy
08-20-2004, 02:40 AM
just because the ford gt went for two runs at Nardo and got over 212 mph one those runs than the official 205 mph doesn't make it official.

HoboPie
08-20-2004, 03:04 AM
The Enzo officially goes 217+. That doesn't mean anything if it goes faster in tests and driven by owners.

SFDMALEX
08-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Well I would like to see some pictures but I can believe it. The car does have the power and aero package to go that fast. If you dissable the rear wing that pops up after what is it> 80kph then you can certanly gain 6mph on the 289 it already did at the gumbal :wink:

08-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Didn't a yellow Enzo in the Gumball video (extreme sport episode5) did 228 MPH?

budagboy2
08-20-2004, 10:48 PM
i know how it went that fast, a mclaren f1 was towing it :wink:

sentra_dude
08-20-2004, 11:02 PM
The Nardo test was 221mph I believe, but it was at Nardo where the actual top speed is usually about 5 mph faster than what it achieved because of the banking.

That puts it at about 225, 226mph. There is also an actual picture of the Enzo's computer from a car that did 366km/h at the gumball. That is the one that raced Lonman's GT2 and that puts it at about 228mph.

There are many posts on it at Ferrarichat and that is certainly a legitimate claim.

I'm a member of FChat, and I can tell you, just because it was posted there does not mean it is true...of course there are tons of real Ferrari owners on that site, but there are also some people who like to strech the truth a bit. I'm not trying to say that ChalStrad is a liar, but he wasn't even directly involved in the speed, so how can you be sure.

quoting him:
In terms of top speed for an Enzo, a friend of mine has managed 377km/h (235 mph) in his on a public road. This speed was downloaded off the car's computer by a Ferrari technician, which is a real actual speed. The owner said that the speedo registered 385 km/h at the time and was on the red line.....

I mean...that friend could have really been a friend of a friend of a friend and in the process of the story reaching him it could have been exaggerated a good bit.

I just find it very hard to believe an Enzo could manage that speed...

HoboPie
08-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Yep, I know, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Bullshit will show up on any forum, but I'm guessing there is a noticably lower amount of it on ferrarichat compared to something like fastcarforum.net

I think I remember a post where Chalstrad said he actually owned a Strad? Any idea if he actually does? If so his post has a little more credit, but I admit even then it is still secondhand information(at least).

As for the Enzo actually doing it, the Nardo test would have put the Enzo around 225mph corrected. The gumball one which was from the computer(what makes that so accepted?) put it at about 228. I know at that level 7 mph is pretty big thing, but if it was fully worked in, or the guy removed the spoiler it isn't that crazy.

Paco
08-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Hmmm, I don't understand what all the fuss is about its top speed.
This car is supposed to be a "F1 car for the road" so top speed is not the most important I guess. Handling is where this car should excel, on a track that is.

There are several cars (tuned or not) that will pass it on a long stretch, it should be about superior handling and technology. It's not a bleedin' dragster.

sentra_dude
08-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Yep, I know, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Bullshit will show up on any forum, but I'm guessing there is a noticably lower amount of it on ferrarichat compared to something like fastcarforum.net

I think I remember a post where Chalstrad said he actually owned a Strad? Any idea if he actually does? If so his post has a little more credit, but I admit even then it is still secondhand information(at least).

As for the Enzo actually doing it, the Nardo test would have put the Enzo around 225mph corrected. The gumball one which was from the computer(what makes that so accepted?) put it at about 228. I know at that level 7 mph is pretty big thing, but if it was fully worked in, or the guy removed the spoiler it isn't that crazy.

I believe he does own a Stradale...so yes a bit more creditability than the teenage jokers who just own a bicycle :lol:. Still, the account is at least second hand...

Hmmm, I don't understand what all the fuss is about its top speed.
This car is supposed to be a "F1 car for the road" so top speed is not the most important I guess. Handling is where this car should excel, on a track that is.

There are several cars (tuned or not) that will pass it on a long stretch, it should be about superior handling and technology. It's not a bleedin' dragster.

You are quite right...but this is a forum, and the Ferrari section at that, so if there is anywhere that something slightly meaningless like topspeed is going to be discussed, this is the place ;) :P.

Paco
08-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Sentra dude said: You are quite right...but this is a forum, and the Ferrari section at that, so if there is anywhere that something slightly meaningless like topspeed is going to be discussed, this is the place.

You serious?! Ferrari is to be loved for its pedigree and combination of speed, handling and (F1) technology. Otherwise you could also be discussing the top speed of a souped-up Corvette with nitrous...

Then I underestimated this section, not? :P

sentra_dude
08-21-2004, 06:25 PM
:P

HoboPie
08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
As meaningless as top speed is, Ferrari has been just as involved with it as any other company. The F40 was a trump on the 959 and the 612 was taken back and redesigned a little just to get a couple miles an hour to beat the Bentley Continental GT.

gucom
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
. If you dissable the rear wing that pops up after what is it> 80kph then you can certanly gain 6mph on the 289 it already did at the gumbal

guess what: at 300kph the spoiler retracts again :wink: