PDA

View Full Version : Camaro rederings

number77
08-19-2004, 12:00 PM
i'm sure you've seen the Chris Hortons renderings of the next gen Camaro. There will be one out by 2008. it has been verified over and over. Now there are some new pics that just hit the net about 2 minutes ago. Thought i would share. I'm from the US and have no idea what is written in the article though. its obviously European.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/wacko-jacco/ChevyCamaro.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/wacko-jacco/ChevyCamaro2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/wacko-jacco/ChevyCamaro3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/wacko-jacco/ChevyCamaro4.jpg

RC45
08-19-2004, 12:31 PM
They suck compared to the Kris Horton originals... in fact they look really shitty.

number77
08-19-2004, 12:37 PM
They suck compared to the Chris Horton originals... in fact they look really shitty.
well, the front grill is similar and the front fenders are close to. this car is the closest rendering yet of the 5th gen. (its already been made just not seen by spy pics)

T-Bird
08-19-2004, 12:44 PM
they need to refine those a little bit in the next 3-4 years.

RC45
08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
They look like the current GTO with some token retro bulges...

It should look like this - or don't bother...

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0312phr_fifthgen_04_z.jpg

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr-5camaro05_z.jpg

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr-5camaro02_z.jpg

number77
08-19-2004, 12:47 PM
well the car's design is already finished. these aren't official pictures released from GM. More than likely they are someone's exagerated interpretation of the car as they saw it. (most likely on their test track in Germany)

RC45
08-19-2004, 12:54 PM
well the car's design is already finished. these aren't official pictures released from GM. More than likely they are someone's exagerated interpretation of the car as they saw it. (most likely on their test track in Germany)

hmm.. thats unusual for GM to finalize the body shape 4 years ahead of production... perhaps in the final 18 months before production starts... but market tastes can drastically change in 4 years.

Either way, a pro-tourer version of a real 1969 Camaro will still be a better looker than what ever crap GM can come up with... :P

Just witness the new GTO and C6 for confirmation that they have been drawing with one eye closed and the other eye having cataracts... ;)

number77
08-19-2004, 01:37 PM

hmm.. thats unusual for GM to finalize the body shape 4 years ahead of production... perhaps in the final 18 months before production starts... but market tastes can drastically change in 4 years.

Either way, a pro-tourer version of a real 1969 Camaro will still be a better looker than what ever crap GM can come up with... :P

Just witness the new GTO and C6 for confirmation that they have been drawing with one eye closed and the other eye having cataracts... ;)
well if there was any changes to be done, they couldn't be major. GM has already handed out the contracts. Delphi already got in trouble for leaking info that they were going to be making the steering column for the 5th gen.

DeMoN
08-19-2004, 01:45 PM
The orange one looks great! Once cars stop being produced, isnt it hard for them to get re-produced though?

RC45
08-19-2004, 01:51 PM

well if there was any changes to be done, they couldn't be major. GM has already handed out the contracts. Delphi already got in trouble for leaking info that they were going to be making the steering column for the 5th gen.

But knowing you have won the contract to produce a part is quite different from having the design of the part complete.

graywolf624
08-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Knowing the head of the camaro project I can tell you this is not the design. This was done by a private individual as his own prediction of what it should look like.

The camaro will be back in 2007 or 8 in august.. the 25th if I remember the date I was told. Its related to the anniversary of the first and last car.. both occured on same date. And the year is because of the workers union contract.

blah
08-19-2004, 06:44 PM
still wouldnt buy the camaro. Now if only they would bring back the damn trans am.

RC45
08-19-2004, 07:19 PM
This was done by a private individual as his own prediction of what it should look like.

And to a T, many folks have expressed that this, an unofficial design, ironically probably looks way better than what ever GM rolls.. out.. ;)

After all, their track record over the last couple years is pretty bad.

SSR.

GTO.

C6 (still don't like the rearend treatment they gave it)

XLR

to name a few.. :)

nthfinity
08-20-2004, 01:10 AM
This was done by a private individual as his own prediction of what it should look like.

And to a T, many folks have expressed that this, an unofficial design, ironically probably looks way better than what ever GM rolls.. out.. ;)

After all, their track record over the last couple years is pretty bad.

SSR.

GTO.

C6 (still don't like the rearend treatment they gave it)

XLR

to name a few.. :)
i think you are just handling the 'revolution' ad with that statement :P

FordGTGuy
08-20-2004, 02:28 AM
to bad it won't come out in 2005 with the new mustang but it would'nt be a mtach sorry to say.

blah
08-20-2004, 03:51 AM
to bad it won't come out in 2005 with the new mustang but it would'nt be a mtach sorry to say.

the outgoing Foxbody had the LS1 and was rated at about 350 horses, and ran low 13s. the new mustang is supposed to run Mach 1 times, which is about the same as the LS1. Now if GM were to come out with this, it would probably get what the LS2, which is good for 400 ponies, but would be detuned so it doesnt shit on the vette.

Also RC, you forgot about the non flipping C6 lights. Thats just stupid and doesnt say vette at all.

graywolf624
08-20-2004, 07:27 AM
the outgoing Foxbody had the LS1 and was rated at about 350 horses, and ran low 13s. the new mustang is supposed to run Mach 1 times, which is about the same as the LS1. Now if GM were to come out with this, it would probably get what the LS2, which is good for 400 ponies, but would be detuned so it doesnt shit on the vette.

Have you been drinking or just poor choice of words? The foxbody had a 4.6liter modular motor(crappy motor at that) not an ls1.
The camaros also had a much better suspension design then the out going mustang. There hopes for 2005 rest on a suspension system almost identical to that of the camaros of the last decade.
On hsp, ITs not gonna be detuned far.. Remember the camaro was rated at 325 while the vette was 345 or something like that. And we all know they under rated the camaros. Also.. Id guess the corvette will have an engine upgrade or 2 by then.. Id guess itll be 415 or 420 at that point for the vette and 400 for the camaro.

Time will tell.

hemi_fan
08-20-2004, 10:47 AM
actually, the foxbodies were produced between 1979 and 1993... 94+ cars retained the "fox' chassis, but the body was not called the fox body... just FYI.

graywolf624
08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
actually, the foxbodies were produced between 1979 and 1993... 94+ cars retained the "fox' chassis, but the body was not called the fox body... just FYI.

Yeah.. 94+ was titled the sn95.. but some people still refer to it as a fox body since its the same basic chasis.

RC45
08-20-2004, 11:01 AM
I think blah simply mis-spoke - he was probably refering to the F-Body.. :P ;)

Although in pure aviation phonetic terms, it is not incorrect to call it the foxtrot-body ;)

LotusGT1
08-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Article is in dutch. I can give a translation when I have more time.

TransAm
08-20-2004, 11:49 AM
On hsp, ITs not gonna be detuned far.. Remember the camaro was rated at 325 while the vette was 345 or something like that. And we all know they under rated the camaros. Also.. Id guess the corvette will have an engine upgrade or 2 by then.. Id guess itll be 415 or 420 at that point for the vette and 400 for the camaro.

Time will tell.

Yeah I know I'm biased but it wouldn't surprise me if my TA was closer to 350hp than 325hp. I've heard from a few sources that the LS1 in the WS6 and Camaro SS was underrated, and having driven a 320HP 4.6 Mustang Cobra, the WS6 felt like it had a bit more power, and I don't think you'd notice 5hp would you? Thats why I bought the TA over the stang.

Anyway, I notice this thread is about the new Camaro - are GM going to re-launch the Firebird as well? If so does anyone have any pics of the new design?

graywolf624
08-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Anyway, I notice this thread is about the new Camaro - are GM going to re-launch the Firebird as well? If so does anyone have any pics of the new design?

Sadly.. at best the firebird will be naming something else comming down the pipeline..They considered doing just that with the solstice.. IT wont be the same:(

TransAm
08-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Thansk for the info Graywolf. Well it'll help my car's resale value then with a bit of luck (every cloud has a silver lining and all that :wink: )

blah
08-20-2004, 02:33 PM

Have you been drinking or just poor choice of words? The foxbody had a 4.6liter modular motor(crappy motor at that) not an ls1.
The camaros also had a much better suspension design then the out going mustang. There hopes for 2005 rest on a suspension system almost identical to that of the camaros of the last decade.

Time will tell.

i meant f-body, im tired as hell i had 4 classes yesterday all 2 hours long.