PDA

View Full Version : Future addition

tigerx
08-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi, my birthday is in september, and im planning on spending quite a lot of money ( alot to me anyway ) on some 1:18 diecast model, i'm planning on getting the 1:18 917 from autoart in the gulf color, a GT3R 1:18 from autoArt, and then i have a decision to make:

F2003GA any of them from hotwheels

OR

BMW M3 CSL from autoArt

any comment on which one is better???

oh yeah btw, anyone here that live in toronto or in the GTA, do you noe any good place to get rare die-cast model? the store i go to only have mostly autoart, hotwheels, and maisto, i don't see any UT or Exoto or Kyosho.

T-Bird
08-15-2004, 10:48 PM
well first off good choice with the GT3R I purchased that one aswell and am very happy with it.
I would have to choose the CSL personally just because it is a really good model and it's an AutoArt but the HW Ferrari cars are pretty good especially compared to some of their other models probably to keep the licenses, I personally like to collect normal cars more than a Formula car.

tigerx
08-15-2004, 10:58 PM
^ i don't particularly like hotwheels at all, their normal car can't even compare to autoart. but they are the only one that make the newer ferrari F1 (correct me if i'm wrong) at an affordable price.

IMO, Maisto is better then hotwheels, i have a 1:18 2003 SVT mustang cobra, and the quality is very very good consideering the cost.

i also need to noe how you guy keep your model so clean? i don't keep them in the boxes btw i just put them on my desk (might be getting a display of some sort soon though, still looking for a good one)

sameerrao
08-15-2004, 11:10 PM
tigerx ...

The Autoart 917 is an awesome car ... the favorite in my collection.

F2003 v/s CSL? They are not substitutes really. If you are into F1 I would recommend it. I have the 2002 F1 car and am impressed with the rendering of the aero bits and suspension. the engine and other innards are of course hidden. To get the next level in F1 diecasts you need to check out the Exoto versions ... but they dont have the new cars and about 4 times as expensive. So the HW F1 cars are a good deal for the price.

Buy online for UT or Exoto or Kyosho...

I keep all my cars out and clean them once in a while. I like to keep them on my computer station so that I play with it/see its details when I want. So what if gets dust - no real damage!

T-Bird
08-15-2004, 11:12 PM
well I clean my room every week and that includes dusting even my models and cleaning the inside of my Computer.
HotWheels Ferrari cars pretty good but some of their other stuff is a little questionable, I had to have an Enzo and 360CS and that was my only choice for 1:18

tigerx
08-15-2004, 11:13 PM
^^^ do i just clean it with water and cloth? ^^^ plz give me more detailed on "clean".

well i really wanna noe more about the UT porsche GT1 and 993 GT2, but i can't buy online, don't have a credit card, parent never ever buy anything online and never will. so online, and eBay isn't an option........Yet.

T-Bird
08-15-2004, 11:18 PM
well I just use a dusting cloth and that does the job you have to be careful on cars with decals and stickers if you use any liquids sometimes water and dust cause worse problems than just dusting it off and then if it still isn't clean just use a damp cloth.
They shouldn't get bad enough where a simple dusting isn't enough or we might have to talk about cleaning a little more often.
Also you could open a Bank Account and get a Visa check card or which ever the bank offers and use that as a Credit Card online, I've been doing that since I was 16.

tigerx
08-15-2004, 11:22 PM
^^^ i'll check if my bank offer that ^^^

you remind me that i haven't clean the interior of my comp since ages ;) lol, it's still clean though :D.

SilviaEvo
08-16-2004, 03:47 AM
^^^ i'll check if my bank offer that ^^^

thats what my friend does and i used rely on my wallet for money keeping