PDA

View Full Version : 1:18 Mclaren F1 by Maisto available for $21

sameerrao
08-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Check out www.collectablediecast.com

They have the Maisto version of the 1993 Mclaren F1 road car for $21. Its a steal. I talked to the guy there - they bought like 100 units of it so you should be able to get one from there.

I found the website did not let me order it online due to some tehnical issue so I called them at 626-282-2154.

I am not sure of the quality difference between the Maisto and UT F1...

BTW TT, we need a sticky called "Deals" here where we can post whatever we found online at a good price...

T-Bird
08-10-2004, 09:08 PM
holy crap thats a great site I've been looking for an F1 at a decent price thanks!
and a Z06 by AA for $32 thtat's adeal I may have to consider.

sameerrao
08-10-2004, 09:20 PM
OK one more point to clarify here ... I researched a bit about the Maisto version of the F1 and discovered ...

a) The rear tail-lights are like the prototype (single lights per side) rather than the two tail-lamps per side. In fact the rear is not the part here.

b) The exhaust systems are not visible

Personally, I can forgive such minor faults for the price and have placed my order anyway. Its a screaming deal for the low price. I just don't want you guys disappointed later and come after me :lol:

Here is a review of the Maisto version with some pics (note it is a green car but is built to the same spec)

http://www.directcon.com/wander/MaiMcLF1.html

FordGTGuy
08-10-2004, 09:48 PM
I like the ones you put together tho :( I may get an Enzo soon

mazmazmaz1
08-13-2004, 06:11 AM
Is the Maisto F1 production discontinued or not yet

TT
08-13-2004, 06:13 AM
BTW TT, we need a sticky called "Deals" here where we can post whatever we found online at a good price...

Good idea.. maybe ;) first of all let's see if it's so common to find good deals around to justify a sticky ;) and BTW, the fact we all live in different parts of the world could make it a deal for somebody and just a "normal" price for others that have to add some 20 USD for shipping ;)

Vansquish
08-13-2004, 12:39 PM
The Maisto F1 is discontinued as are the UT versions. I have an orange Maisto one and all three versions of the UT car, F1 roadcar, LM and GT longtail...the UT models are much better put together, have better detailing, and are heavier to the touch, the Maisto car is a good addition to any collection, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one of them instead of the UT version. There is a reason that the UT cars have a price close to 5 times as high as the Maisto ones at this point, they're rarer and better models.

sameerrao
08-13-2004, 01:26 PM

Good idea.. maybe ;) first of all let's see if it's so common to find good deals around to justify a sticky ;) and BTW, the fact we all live in different parts of the world could make it a deal for somebody and just a "normal" price for others that have to add some 20 USD for shipping ;)

True. I think this would only make sense if it is a limited edition piece that is hard to find. That would justify the shipping costs. For regular production Maisto or whatever, it may not make much sense as you rightly pointed out...

sameerrao
08-13-2004, 01:33 PM
The Maisto F1 is discontinued as are the UT versions. I have an orange Maisto one and all three versions of the UT car, F1 roadcar, LM and GT longtail...the UT models are much better put together, have better detailing, and are heavier to the touch, the Maisto car is a good addition to any collection, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one of them instead of the UT version. There is a reason that the UT cars have a price close to 5 times as high as the Maisto ones at this point, they're rarer and better models.

I agree about the quality difference but I personally cant justify spending 100 bucks on a scale model hence have decided to buy the Maisto version for now. I think it is worth it for 20 bucks. I will continue to look for UT version on ebay and grab one if I can get it at a reasonable price :D

I wish I had got into this hobby years back when I could buy the models at list price.. :D

SilviaEvo
08-13-2004, 04:30 PM
thanks sammerao i need some more models

TransAm
08-13-2004, 04:55 PM
holy crap thats a great site I've been looking for an F1 at a decent price thanks!

I was in Sams Club today (Fort Worth), yellow Maisto Z06 about $9

sameerrao
08-13-2004, 05:06 PM

A dumb question does Sam's club charge an annual membership. I have never been in one....

Nik^XeN
08-13-2004, 05:26 PM
wow, that 1/18 Diablo SV is nice and onlt 21euro!! :twisted:
thnks

T-Bird
08-13-2004, 05:47 PM

A dumb question does Sam's club charge an annual membership. I have never been in one....

yeah they have annual memberships but it's cheap and worth it.

TransAm that's cool but I'm partial to AutoArt and for $32 that's one hell of a deal, the guality of AutoArt to Maisto is worth $23 extra.

ViperASR
08-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I like the ones you put together tho

Yea, i have to agree, its more fun to put one together and see the finished rusults. but that is a steal for a model, may have to get one of those

Caps8419
08-14-2004, 01:31 AM
i just bought a dark green mclaren on ebay.... probably same guy.... any way ill let you guys know the quality when i get it... probably next week.

Caps8419
08-17-2004, 07:27 PM
ok i got the mclaren today....and its definaly worth only 20 bucks.... the windshield on mine wasnt glued in all the way. and the left door was very loose.... be wary!!!!

sameerrao
08-17-2004, 07:46 PM
I was lucky that mine was in a pretty OK shape. But yeah, the car has some panel gaps and the rear rendition is quite shoddy :( .... Also got my Kyosho Ferrari 328 GTS - what a model - extremely impressive... Pics later when I get some time :)

Caps8419
08-17-2004, 09:25 PM
thats good.. yea i might take some glue to it... but i agree the panels were shit....i think my next on will be an autoart diablo gt in black... now those are quality.

sameerrao
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
^^^ can't go wrong with Autoart or Maisto....

Caps8419
08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
hehe.. its a shame the maisto mclarens were kinda shoddy... oh well, i guess you get what you pay for! now only if i can find a UT 355 for less than 100 bucks..... lol.