PDA

View Full Version : Green light for the ME Four-Twelve ????

bmagni
08-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Chryslers CEO is looking for companies to build the supercar, the reason is that the company has grown in the first semester of the year, though its not known if the car is going to be built, they are looking forward to it.
the production would be 1000 units a year

i read some comparissons with the Veyron, and this car seems great, though i think its exagerate... the price should be around 150,000 which is nothing compared to the veyrons

specs are

12 cylinder quad-turbo \
>this is where the name comes from
mid-engined /
850 hp
850 pounds of tourque
608 hp per ton----------------- Veyron 506 hp per ton
142 hp per litre---------------- Veyron 125.1 hp per litre

0-100 kmph 2.9 secs
0-160 kmph 6.2 secs
top speed above 400 kmph

HeilSvenska
08-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Unlikely. Daimler-Chrysler's other part, Daimler, is getting frustrated with its Chrysler's poor performance in sales. It's unlikely that Daimler would let Chrysler pull it off especially when it would steal sales from upcoming McMercs and also due to the fact that no one would want to drive a hypercar with Chrysler badge on it, no matter how wonderful it is.

waste of time, ME12 is just a marketing ploy
looks shitty too

if Daimler-Chrysler actually builds ME12 with similar specs as shown on the concept, i swear that i shall write a letter calling the CEO of Chrysler an absolute idiot.

PATo355
08-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Just 150 thousand dollars ? are you sure ? with that specs it should blow the ford GT which is priced similary

blah
08-09-2004, 12:51 AM
what exactly does Diamler own right now that would compete with this car? That doesnt make since Heil. Are you talking about the SLR? thats a completely different style of vehicle.

HeilSvenska
08-09-2004, 01:04 AM
If you were reading recent magazines (UK magazines, specifically), you would know that the new McLaren Center in Woking, Surrey, will be the new workground for Ferrari challenging McMerc roadcars(in thousands) coming up in the future. Woking = England's Maranello

bmagni
08-09-2004, 01:08 AM
well they should have market studies for sure and they wouldnt produce it if it was destined to failure... and if it brings profit, why not produce it ??? even if mcmercs are going to be produced and all that stuff money is money

tigerx
08-09-2004, 01:10 AM
it might be mighty fast but it's still a chrysler, and i don't think it will do well finnacially at all.

bmagni
08-09-2004, 01:20 AM
it might be mighty fast but it's still a chrysler, and i don't think it will do well finnacially at all.

well cheap always sells, 150 grand is a bargain... chrylser in my opinion is going better, not that they are great but i think the viper is a great car and the 300 c, and the crossfire too, not the best but better than old chryslers... they have mb to support em... the engine of this car woulñd be mb, i dont think of it as a bad idea

T-Bird
08-09-2004, 01:29 AM
ok I would drive this car no matter what name was on the hood if it performed as well as they say I could give a fuck what the badge says hell the engine is and would be built by Mercedes which isn't exactly new for them, hell MB gives out their engines like crazy. And Chrysler co. has alot of good vehicles in their fleet like the 300C/Magnum, Crossfire, Pacifica, Minivans (all versions) Viper they sell (saw one today) SRT-4, normal Neon seels well (sucks though) Sebring sells very well especially the convertible, sadly their trucks with the crappy trannys sell because they have HEMI's :roll: those new ugly ass Durangos are selling pretty well I'm starting to see alot of them around eventhough there are about 10:1 old:new, so I think Chrysler is getting back on their feet after their almost closing the doors a few years back. I don't think MB would be helping them out as much as they are if they didn't think it would be worth it to them as profitable company unlike McLaren which doesn't exactly make high profit cars.

blah
08-09-2004, 02:11 AM
If you were reading recent magazines (UK magazines, specifically), you would know that the new McLaren Center in Woking, Surrey, will be the new workground for Ferrari challenging McMerc roadcars(in thousands) coming up in the future. Woking = England's Maranello

They wont be anything like this though. Merc would go after the 575 or the Scalegetti or even the 360. This is more of an Enzo style car.

TT
08-09-2004, 04:05 AM
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=213272#213272