st-anger
08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/7_2.jpg

after:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/DSCN3822_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/DSCN3821_1.jpg

...yep it´s true "she" has left me today :cry:
unfortunately i´ve to say that i sold my love one this week, i know, kinda off-topic but i´d like to honor my big lady who went along with me the past 3 years...
i know many ppl hate that car because of it´s look and stuff, but for me it has been love at first sight and i´ll definitely miss her... :|

hope that i´ll find an appropriate alternative... 8)

farewell my diva...

sameerrao
08-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Damn for a minute I thought you were leaving JW and not the car! :?

Especially since you put this post on the Porsche central site! :D

sentra_dude
08-05-2004, 03:15 PM
You had me worried there for a sec, I thought we were going to lose our resident Porsche (well, cars in general) expert...:(

Any ideas of what the new car is going to be? :D

T-Bird
08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
that sucks I love that car hope to see something new soon.

fedezyl
08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
haha yeah me too thought that, sad to see the BMW go....maybe....get a porsche this time mate? heheh or....I don't know...an Alfa?? I know i'm biased.....lol

I bet you've been thinking about a replacement....tell us about it!!

TT
08-05-2004, 03:36 PM
I knew this was about to happen, and although feeling sad for that great car to be sold, I'm already excited about any future purchase!! Bye bye beloved 745! we will miss you!

SFDMALEX
08-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Shite mate. You scared the living shit of me. I thought you were leaving JW.

As for the car...I guess its like all things in life. We always have to let go of our most loved and respected things in life. Be it people, cars, toys or pets. :(

yg60m
08-05-2004, 03:59 PM
I understand what you feel, i like this car too :wink:
What are you thinking about for replacement ?

sameerrao
08-05-2004, 04:29 PM
What are you thinking about for replacement ?

4porte hopefully?

5vz-fe
08-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Have an order on the new M5?

BADMIHAI
08-05-2004, 10:25 PM
I can understand you loved the car and all, but, IMO, it's just a car. It's not a Ferrari or Lambo or CGT to have a "soul", so move on. What is your next car going to be?

PATo355
08-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Oh ... that is sad im sure is an astonishing car besides the rubbish looks of it , what are you thinking for replacement ? A quattroporte ? :mrgreen:

Chaos in 1983!
08-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry to see you let her go...I love this car very much too...what's the reason you're selling it?

A quattroporte ?

LOL>...that was excaclty what I was about to say!!!

st-anger
08-06-2004, 07:01 AM
:lol: ...i knew it.... :lol:

no no guyz, you won´t get rid of me that fast... :wink:

reason: obsolescence...
i never had a car more than 3 to 5 years because of resale value

replacement: well, to be honest i do not really need a autobahn cruiser any more, to save time and nerves i´m flying to germany since some weeks, it´s a bit more expensive but it´s definitely more comfortable for me than driving 4 to 6 hours every weekend ending up in another traffic jam.... :?
so i don´t really know which car i should buy, my BMW dealer has some good options and i´m extremely satisfied with my previous BMW models, but on the other hand i think i should wait a bit...i´m after something different, we´ll see...maybe next spring....
for this remaining summer a friend of mine gave me a very good hint when we met at NS last monday, he showed up there with a friend from switzerland and he had a nice ride with him...NO, no Porsche, but i think i´ll rent such a car for this summer, because i loved it very much, on the other hand a kinda uncommon ride for me though, but i liked it and i never heared something bad about it...

so i´ll only rent it for some months and then give it back to the dealer, to be honest i wouldn´t actually buy such a car, sure it´s nice but well...you guys will see and then we talk :wink:

to sum it up, no precise idea for a 745 replacement, but i think it won´t be a 4porte, E60 M5 or Alfa :wink: , i drive the sports cars at work and so i needn´t one for private driving, i need a practical and relaxing car...

we´ll see... 8)

SFDMALEX
08-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Hmmm a Merc? Or a CAAADIIILLLAC :lol: Anyways Im sure you'll get something good.

st-anger
08-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Hmmm a Merc? Or a CAAADIIILLLAC :lol: Anyways Im sure you'll get something good.

:lol: 101% sure no one´ll guess it right...

sameerrao
08-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Caterham?? :lol:

:lol: ...i knew it.... :lol:

no no guyz, you won´t get rid of me that fast... :wink:

reason: obsolescence...
i never had a car more than 3 to 5 years because of resale value

replacement: well, to be honest i do not really need a autobahn cruiser any more, to save time and nerves i´m flying to germany since some weeks, it´s a bit more expensive but it´s definitely more comfortable for me than driving 4 to 6 hours every weekend ending up in another traffic jam.... :?
so i don´t really know which car i should buy, my BMW dealer has some good options and i´m extremely satisfied with my previous BMW models, but on the other hand i think i should wait a bit...i´m after something different, we´ll see...maybe next spring....
for this remaining summer a friend of mine gave me a very good hint when we met at NS last monday, he showed up there with a friend from switzerland and he had a nice ride with him...NO, no Porsche, but i think i´ll rent such a car for this summer, because i loved it very much, on the other hand a kinda uncommon ride for me though, but i liked it and i never heared something bad about it...

so i´ll only rent it for some months and then give it back to the dealer, to be honest i wouldn´t actually buy such a car, sure it´s nice but well...you guys will see and then we talk :wink:

to sum it up, no precise idea for a 745 replacement, but i think it won´t be a 4porte, E60 M5 or Alfa :wink: , i drive the sports cars at work and so i needn´t one for private driving, i need a practical and relaxing car...

we´ll see... 8)

bmagni
08-06-2004, 01:38 PM
545i can be god for what uve said ur looking...

st-anger
08-06-2004, 03:02 PM

...as the final replacement.....already quite good 8) ,

BUT..... for the summer ride.....sorry no :wink:

sameerrao
08-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Screw the 545i --> V10 , 5 litres has you name calling ... M5

st-anger
08-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Screw the 545i --> V10 , 5 litres has you name calling ... M5

lol, i know you guys are after the more sportier cars but again, i´m looking for a practical car just for driving comfortable from A to B, and no 8300rpm 7speed SMG V10 sports saloon like the E60 M5 - which is btw a masterpiece and definitely king of it´s class :D

lakatu
08-06-2004, 04:44 PM

Oh fun a puzzle :P . Okay lets see. What do we know.

It is rare or something different but not so rare that st-anger wasn’t already familiar with it.
The owner that owned it was from Switzerland. (But based on TT’s photos that could be anything.)
It is a summer ride only.
Wouldn’t personally buy the car. Not really st-angers type.
Not sporty in character but relaxing and comfortable.
St-anger already drives a Cayenne as a company car so probably not a SUV.

Need more clues :? .
Okay a question. Is it likely available in the U.S. st-anger?

st-anger
08-06-2004, 05:06 PM

It is rare or something different but not so rare that st-anger wasn’t already familiar with it.
The owner that owned it was from Switzerland. (But based on TT’s photos that could be anything.)

lol m8, i was waiting for you and your guess :D
already some good estimations, but i´m afraid you won´t get it, it´s just way too untypical for my car taste... maybe i already said too much now... :wink:

but yes, it IS sporty in character, in that class even exceptional sporty, when it comes down to performance on track...only sligthly slower that a E46 M3... 8)

yep, as far as i know it´s available everywhere...

again, we´ll see maybe i´ll pick it up some time next week, depends on my time table... :?

lakatu
08-06-2004, 05:28 PM

already some good estimations, but i´m afraid you won´t get it, it´s just way too untypical for my car taste... maybe i already said too much now... :wink:

but yes, it IS sporty in character, in that class even exceptional sporty, when it comes down to performance on track...only sligthly slower that a E46 M3... 8)

again, we´ll see maybe i´ll pick it up some time next week, depends on my time table... :?
Okay I'm guessing here but is it a EVO or a WRX?

st-anger
08-06-2004, 05:31 PM

Okay I'm guessing here but is it a EVO or a WRX?

no...

SilviaEvo
08-06-2004, 05:50 PM
AUDI S4 or maybe even an RS6 surprised nobody guessed that yet

st-anger
08-06-2004, 05:55 PM
AUDI S4 or maybe even an RS6 surprised nobody guessed that yet

as the summer ride or the final replacement...???

well, obviously not the "summer car" and although i like Audi i´d buy a BMW any day over an Audi... 8)

sameerrao
08-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Maybach 62! I knew it ... Maybe not

abbor
08-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Focus RS..?

oscargarza88
08-06-2004, 08:09 PM
this is tough since i dont know u but.... but is it a 4 door or 2 door cause if its a 2 door a guess would b a new corvette since its "not ur style" and i think its a bit slower than the m3... and its a good summer car so mayb... but i doubt it

abbor
08-06-2004, 08:15 PM
The new corvette is not slower than the M3, at least not on TG!

oscargarza88
08-06-2004, 08:17 PM
The new corvette is not slower than the M3, at least not on TG!

then woops, i just thought... caue i cant think of anythin else

lakatu
08-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Okay is it a Honda Type R or a Toyota Caldina GT

sameerrao
08-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Its a Volvo v70R

abbor
08-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Its a Volvo v70R

V70R is a nice car.. And it's different, so I think you maybe chose the right one!

Sm@ck
08-07-2004, 11:34 AM
St. Anger has one love = Porsche
how ever he has room for a mistress, historically she has been a = BMW

Both makes are known for their reliability, and sportiness. Since he is looking for a car for a short-term, until he decides on his final replacement, he is "maybe considering something more fun and less practical.

It wont be a porsche, but maybe a BMW? hmmmmm z4? hmmm 6 series? hmmm
nah I think it will be something totally different, and yet it will have to combine the reliability of a porsche and BMW ( I am out on a limb here)

my tip

Wiesmann Roadster. (because it contains a BMW powerplant)

TT
08-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Z4 definitely not since I don't think he wants two of them :P

Anyway I wonder if he really wants to tell us before the car will actually be in his hands :D

Erez
08-07-2004, 12:40 PM
:( sad.. i Love that car.. me and the 7er was just like you said too st-anger, love at first sight! what a great great car! hope a new BMW will replace it :D 760 maybe.. :D or a nice M5 8)

st-anger
08-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Z4 definitely not since I don't think he wants two of them :P

Anyway I wonder if he really wants to tell us before the car will actually be in his hands :D

lol, well, why not two of them, "my" Z4 is now my wife´s car i haven´t seen it the whole summer...

6series...well, again i had a quick look on it, some weeks ago when i fixed everything at my dealer, at first i thought that this would be the replacement but after thinking it over i´m not quite sure any more...there´re some reasons...

i can tell you right away, no problem, but i find it quite interesting what ppl are guessing... :wink:

DMbaseball1604
08-07-2004, 04:47 PM

yeah so did I!

BTW I'm surprised that you, esecially since you work for Porsche, would be driving a BMW..

Hmm I 'm very curious to know what your new car will be everything I can think of has already been guessed...

st-anger
08-07-2004, 07:25 PM

BTW I'm surprised that you, esecially since you work for Porsche, would be driving a BMW..

why that...???

DMbaseball1604
08-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Just because, knowing as much as you do about Porsche and as much as you love them it just surprises me that your wife would drive a Z4 and you a 745Li..I mean I know you drive them all day and I can understand how you would want a long distance cruiser..and I would have thought that you would get some kind of a discount on all Porsches since you work for them, and not only that it would be easier to service the cars..ect..or like for instance my cousin works for Ford, and he and his family all drive Fords, the newer models though, they drive them for like three months and then give them back to the company and they then sell them a fraction lower than the list price..

st-anger
08-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Just because, knowing as much as you do about Porsche and as much as you love them it just surprises me that your wife would drive a Z4 and you a 745Li..I mean I know you drive them all day and I can understand how you would want a long distance cruiser..and I would have thought that you would get some kind of a discount on all Porsches since you work for them, and not only that it would be easier to service the cars..ect..or like for instance my cousin works for Ford, and he and his family all drive Fords, the newer models though, they drive them for like three months and then give them back to the company and they then sell them a fraction lower than the list price..

lol, i expected such an answer :lol: :wink:

no, just to let u know, private i´m not into cars that much, i think i´ve said that several times b4, i´ve some other hobbys as well, and they are ALL non car related, you know when you´ve to deal with cars, and like me with Porsches, sometimes 50 to 70 hours a week, you´re more than happy to have some other things in life and not just only cars, so we don´t see a reason why to buy e.g. a Carrera, i mean i need (now needed) a comfortable relaxing car just for autobahn from austria to germany and to tell you, i always had BMW´s they are IMO the best cars for my purpose, and untill the 955 came up there were no alternatives, sure we get the Porsches quite below the dealer price but i never felt that i needed a Porsche for private use too, i have them at work and that´s more than enough for me, on the other hand i couldn´t enjoy such a car on public street anyways, i just need something practical, that´s it... :P

and my wife is a completely different story, for her everything with the Porsche badge on it is just for showing off :lol:
so she really isn´t into Porsche, well she isn´t into cars in general, it just has to look nice.....women i guess :wink:

nevertheless, one garage in our house is still free....maybe for a Porsche, maybe for something else, maybe not this year, .... well who knows, i already have something in mind but it´s a bit too early to tell...

so, in the end, i don´t give a shit if it´s a Porsche in my garage or not, i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one :)

oscargarza88
08-08-2004, 04:47 PM
i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one :)
any one?.... :roll:

st-anger
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM
i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one :)
any one?.... :roll:

...i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up...

that´s what i´ve said... :wink:

DMbaseball1604
08-08-2004, 05:21 PM

no, just to let u know, private i´m not into cars that much, i think i´ve said that several times b4, i´ve some other hobbys as well, and they are ALL non car related, you know when you´ve to deal with cars, and like me with Porsches, sometimes 50 to 70 hours a week, you´re more than happy to have some other things in life and not just only cars, so we don´t see a reason why to buy e.g. a Carrera, i mean i need (now needed) a comfortable relaxing car just for autobahn from austria to germany and to tell you, i always had BMW´s they are IMO the best cars for my purpose, and untill the 955 came up there were no alternatives, sure we get the Porsches quite below the dealer price but i never felt that i needed a Porsche for private use too, i have them at work and that´s more than enough for me, on the other hand i couldn´t enjoy such a car on public street anyways, i just need something practical, that´s it... :P

and my wife is a completely different story, for her everything with the Porsche badge on it is just for showing off :lol:
so she really isn´t into Porsche, well she isn´t into cars in general, it just has to look nice.....women i guess :wink:

nevertheless, one garage in our house is still free....maybe for a Porsche, maybe for something else, maybe not this year, .... well who knows, i already have something in mind but it´s a bit too early to tell...

so, in the end, i don´t give a shit if it´s a Porsche in my garage or not, i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one :)

haha, for my mom its the exact same story...my dad had a 993 Turbo and she hated it..not only because of the cost of insurance when you get 6 tickets in 3 months but also because she thought it was just for show and thats it..

lakatu
08-08-2004, 08:41 PM

Makes perfect sense to me. Wanting to get away from cars that is. Actually it is surprising that you spend so much time here at PC talking about them with us. I think if it wasn’t for your kind nature you won’t bother but I am so glad you do :D . I know I sure enjoy being a part of a community that includes st-anger and like others can’t imagine what it would be like with out you.

You bring up another interesting point, as much as we love these outrageously fast cars they are really too fast for their own good :roll: . Realistically, the only place were you can push them to the limit and enjoy them without endangering yourself and others is on a race track. How often could an enthusiast go to the track a year unless he lived by the NS? Since sports cars aren't practical in any other sense than going fast and providing driver entertainment then if you don’t drive them as they were intended, you must be driving them for some other reason. That other reason as st-angers wife points out is “for show” :( . Kind of sad but true and that is exactly what most buyers of Porsches and other sports cars buy them for IMO. Why else do they come loaded up with amenities and options that weigh them down reducing their performance? The only place that you use to be able to make an argument that sports cars were practical was Germany with its autobahn. But even that has changed or is in the process of changing. What your left with is a car that is an exercise in frustration :roll: whenever you get in it. Because you know what it was design to do and most of us anyways want to do it but you can’t and if you do you can’t continue to do it for long.

There is a solution though. I have heard that there is a housing community development, I think it is in Spain, that is built around a race track where the designer took sections of famous tracks and linked them together to form his track. Now that sounds like the place to live. I think it was featured on 5th Gear so I’m sure others are already familiar with it. Hopefully it will catch on :wink: .

Drive4Ever
08-08-2004, 09:24 PM
that's a once nice car. at first when the car first came out, i hated it. but as time goes, i start liking them. wow, the car has been out for 3 yrs now? jeez, time past by fast :shock:

st-anger
08-13-2004, 03:16 PM
..."summer replacement" arrived 10mins ago, unfortunately extremely bad weather right now ( ...thunderstorm warnings for two days now, hopefully it´ll get better tomorrow ) and it´s 9pm here and already dark, so i´m afraid "we" have to wait till tomorrow for the details- but it´s nice IMO :lol: :wink:

hope to come back to you guys tomorrow with "quite some" pics... :wink:

No.1
08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
^^^

I'm dying to know what it is :P ... how many doors? :wink:

st-anger
08-13-2004, 03:25 PM
^^^

last comment for today: two.... :wink:

i know, i know ........ st-anger can be a real ass too, BE PATIENT :lol:

sameerrao
08-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Its a Ferrari 328 ... Ultimate coup there for the Porsche meister :lol: :lol:

No.1
08-13-2004, 03:29 PM
^^^

:idea: A BMW 645Ci :?:

Its a Ferrari 328 ... Ultimate coup there for the Porsche meister

:lol:

st-anger
08-13-2004, 03:49 PM
^^^

:idea: A BMW 645Ci :?:

Its a Ferrari 328 ... Ultimate coup there for the Porsche meister

:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=219953#219953

sameerrao
08-13-2004, 04:05 PM
OK ... OK ... I am out of the predictions business ... :D

nthfinity
08-14-2004, 01:07 AM
101% sure no one´ll guess it right...

no one has guessed, but your going to buy some sport ute?
perhaps have a ford F350 imported? lmao
a private pilots licence would always due (IFR trained for those off days weather wise) in that case, a piper could be quite good :wink:

st-anger
08-15-2004, 06:46 AM
...well, we had quite some fun this weekend with the new car :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/IMG_0821.jpg

a more detailed report this evening 8)

sikx5
08-15-2004, 07:05 AM
LOL - u sure know how to break a car in. i like it already :lol:

TT
08-15-2004, 07:30 AM
LOL cool! Now I'm hoping to see some vids of the new baby ;)

st-anger
08-15-2004, 10:45 AM
to make it short...here´s my Z350 for the summer, YES, it´s a NISSAN, I knew it NO ONE would´ve ever guessed that... :)

reasons...!??? many many many, but I don´t want to bore anyone…

not even my m8s around here where I live, they all expected cars like you guys partly mentioned, but hey, I need to save some money for something else – non car related this time, i´ve some other hobbies as well, unfortunately kinda expensive ones… :?
so, believe it or not, this is second non-german car ever, and my first Japanese one, and I simply can´t believe what you get for your money, I mean it´s soooo fucking cheap in relation... :shock:
another reason why I really like it... :P
so, it´s actually not “my” car, it´s more or less a rental car, I pay per month a certain amount and then simply give it back to the dealer…
I wanted to write a test report, but sorry, i´m simply too lazy and tired right now to do so, maybe some time later that week...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_6.jpg
^^^ JW custom shot with page 17...my lucky number :)

now plz don´t be too strict guys :lol:

sikx5
08-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Nice car dude, can we get some videos to prove that really is yours.....lol....
Its a nice choice, Value for money is for sure thing though. 8)

lakatu
08-15-2004, 12:21 PM
LOL a 350Z. I don’t know why but that never came to mind. You had me thinking it was a sedan based on your previous comments :) . It is surprising how little attention the 350Z gets when you consider the performance and price. I think it is a nice looking car, not great but nice. From what I have read it holds its own against cars almost twice as expensive :shock: .

It will be interesting to see your impression of the car’s performance as you have a chance to familiarize yourself with the 350Z. So how long are you planning on having the car?

TT
08-15-2004, 01:29 PM
HAHA great, finally! It is superb in black! Sadly too many ppl buy it in either silver, blue or copper wich end up beeing pretty common! There is none in black around my area!!! Sexy!

SilviaEvo
08-15-2004, 01:38 PM
damn 350Z who woulda thought?

sameerrao
08-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Track edition right with the Brembo brakes? Does it have the navigation too?

st-anger
08-15-2004, 02:39 PM
...well, don´t know yet, maybe ´till october or something like that, i mean it´s just for the weekends, i won´t drive to work with it, just for crusing around, when we´re speaking of crusing....very nice sound indeed, BOSE stereo always turned off... :lol:

yeah, that´s been one of the reasons, in my area no one has a 350Z, i mean no one has a Nissan, but that´s another topic, but it´s definitely an eye catcher here, don´t get me wrong, i don´t live in a slum, it´s more the other way round, but ppl here have their BM´s, MB´s, Audi and some "exotics" as a daily driver no one has ever talked or thought about buying such a car, so i found it quite interesting to have one... :wink:

first impressions...well, sure when someone is used to different types of cars first quality impression isn´t the very best one, there´re quite some things to complain, but i simply LOVE the idea of that car, it´s definitely a true sports car for anyone, i mean as lakatu pointed out, it´s cheap but is capable to beat some way more expensive cars hands down...
it´s simply a fun machine, very sporty character, nice engine and tranny, i hate the Nissan ESP system, it´s awful, just something for 80 years old IMO, so i hardly drive with ESP on, it´s sooooo nice to go sideways with it, very easy and also controllable, gearbox is nice, very short shifting travel, very firm, only 2nd gear is a bit of a problem when shifting fast.................

hope i´ll have some time to write a detailed report, and to take some more pics next weekend...

st-anger
08-15-2004, 02:40 PM

no, i thought there´s no need for it, as i said, "weekend driver" only, and i know my area quite good :wink:

sameerrao
08-15-2004, 02:50 PM

no, i thought there´s no need for it, as i said, "weekend driver" only, and i know my area quite good :wink:

Well the reason I got confused is I thought that the gold Brembo brakes are only sold in the track version ... at least in the US...

No.1
08-15-2004, 03:24 PM
The 350Z is a great car.. maybe not up to german quality standards, but a great car... especially for the price :D

I love the black paint too.. congrats on the new car 8)

st-anger
08-21-2004, 02:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/st-anger/350Z_7.jpg

...there she sits, back home again...but unfortunately alone in the garage since my wife has "her" Z4 in spain, and the E65 sold - *still sad about that* :cry:

here´s a first vid, 0-100kmh, sorry had been ultra fast shooting, only with a 3megs digi cam of a friend, so quality kinda sucks...

i think it´s something around 6.4secs with ESP on...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Unbenannt.mpg

...i´m looking for the Z4 accl vid as well, and will post it here asa i´ve found it...

hope to find some time this weekend to write a little report and probably take some more pics... :wink:
but something tells me that i won´t have that much time this weekend...

:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=230719#230719 :wink:

1zippo1
08-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Aha, so you got a 350Z. Good choice, certainly in black! And price performance wise quite a bargain. Congrats on your purchase :wink:

Hope you'll have lots of fun with it!!

TT
08-22-2004, 06:02 PM
st-anger, not sure if I already told you, but your driveway seems perfect for car pics :D

stradale
08-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Sad to see the 7 series go, but great to see that you've purchased/leased a 350Z. Good value as everyone including yourself have pointed out. Congrats, black suits it very nicely. Enjoy it! :D

SilviaEvo
08-23-2004, 05:47 PM
wow nice house St Anger

sameerrao
08-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Nice house!

st-anger
09-03-2004, 09:33 AM
some more pics from st-anger´s place...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_8.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_9.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_10.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_11.JPG
^again, unfortunately he has to sit completely alone in there... :( ...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_12.JPG
^"Leon" our "house cat" is watching carefully...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_13.JPG
^unfortunately the puddle wasn´t big enough to reflect the whole car - would have been a nice shot...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_14.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_15.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_16.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_17.JPG
^ "broooommmm" definitely nice sound... :P

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_18.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_19.JPG
^definitely not the best looking interior - also quality level isn´t that good, but some nice details and again - for that unbeatable price... :D

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_20.JPG
^one of the TOP points of the 350Z: the extremely good brakes - nearly race track suitable... :P

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_21.JPG
^kinda flashy pic - with the reflections of the sky and the water, again the nice details in the "Z" logo and door handle... 8)

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_22.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_23.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_24.JPG
^18" RAYS engineering rims 8)
don´t like the indicator solution, they should have copied it from the Z4 IMO...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_25.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_26.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_27.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_28.JPG
^BOSE sound system 8) with subwoofer - well, most of the time turned off to enjoy engine/exhaust sound :wink:
very comfortable but also sporty leather seats

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_29.JPG
^well, i´ll give it back with new tyres anyway :lol:

hope to find some time to take more pics that weekend, and hopefully the driving report... :wink:

stracing
09-03-2004, 09:48 AM
cool
thats why i love nissans so much because they are fun, good and cheap sports cars. but they really need to build something like the GTR and silvia otherwise they'll be like toyota.

1zippo1
09-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Very nice pictures st-anger. I can see you're having lots of fun with the 350Z!

The car obviously has some nice styling touches that you can find all over the car like those cubic prints.

The one I like the most is the one where you opened the doors, the hood and the trunk!

TT
09-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks a lot for this set of pics!! They rock!

crayzayjay
09-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Nice car :)

I've considered a 350Z for myself. The car looks good and the speed is definitely there... like you say the interior feels cheap, which put me off a little, but the car goes like stink for the money. I'm sure you'll enjoy it 8)

FPVPSI
09-05-2004, 07:18 AM
hehehe...the last pics great...ripping up the tyres...thanks for them mate....and Enjoy.... 8)

sikx5
09-05-2004, 07:41 AM
wow nice pics dude, thanks for sharing

Must say that last pic does stand out to be pretty awesome.
you must really miss the e65 man, damn.... but very nice none the less, gotta love those brakes though.

st-anger
09-05-2004, 07:59 AM
wow nice pics dude, thanks for sharing

Must say that last pic does stand out to be pretty awesome.
you must really miss the e65 man, damn.... but very nice none the less, gotta love those brakes though.

i´m glad u guys like the pics - unfortunately i won´t have the car that long, will sell it in some weeks time again, in fall/winter i´ll be super busy so no need for a car of that category - still haven´t had the time to write a little write up on it though... :|

yep man u guessed it right - i definitely miss my "big lady"............. :cry:

BUT....there´s always a new spring - sorry won´t tease u guys again but next year....well, next year.... :wink:

bmagni
09-05-2004, 03:15 PM
congrats !!! nice car !!!

AlienDB7
09-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Very nice car st-anger. Even though they're quite a number of 350Z over here, I have yet to see a black one (mostly white, silver, blue or orange). Hope you enjoy your new ride!

schnell318
09-05-2004, 08:21 PM
The Z looks great st-anger :D but next year what??...what´s coming next year?

DeMoN
09-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Nice buy, I was planing on getting that car too, but my father didnt want to "pay so much for a motorcycle" in his own words.

I got the G35 instead, I like how it looks better than the 350Z IMO, but I wanted the 350Z cuz its so fast!

Anyway, here is a pic of my car

http://demonwares.net/uploads/MyG35.JPG

btw... how do you do the thumbnails?

TT
09-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Nice buy, I was planing on getting that car too, but my father didnt want to "pay so much for a motorcycle" in his own words.

I got the G35 instead, I like how it looks better than the 350Z IMO, but I wanted the 350Z cuz its so fast!

Anyway, here is a pic of my car

http://demonwares.net/uploads/MyG35.JPG

btw... how do you do the thumbnails?

To do the thumbnail, you can go the easy way: imageshack.us ;) or upload on JW where you automatically have also a 600x450 resized version. Or you just do themby yourself in PS and upload both the big and small ones,

the code to be used is link to thumbnail (link to high-res)

st-anger
09-08-2004, 06:34 AM
thought i´d post some new pics of the 350Z before it´ll disappear from my garage, yesterday i visited a friend of mine, he got his new ride this week, a E46 BMW 330d - not that bad for a 21year old...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_30.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/350Z_31.JPG

^^^btw replacement for fall/winter is more or less fixed - more to follow :wink:

TT
09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Noway now don't start playing with us once more!!! :D

nice new pics BTW!

TransAm
09-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Nice choice of Car, St-Anger. I looked at a 350Z back along although I never test drove one. After seeing your vid however, I might have to do so!

PATo355
09-08-2004, 12:24 PM
I really love the 350Z exterior appearance , but i would have prefer a german roadster or a S2000 , congratulatios for such a nice car , it looks da bomb in black :D

st-anger
09-08-2004, 02:39 PM
...i´m looking for the Z4 accl vid as well, and will post it here asa i´ve found it...

finally found it, acceleration in my Z4 3.0i from standstill to ~110kmh with auto-gearbox in "Sport" mode...
sorry for the crappy quality it´s recorded with a digi cam - well nothing spectacular anyway...

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/DSCN1112.JPG

:arrow: link (http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/350Z/DSCN1481.MOV)

coombsie66
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Very nice St-anger, i think the 350 looks stunning in black, they are getting more common over here in the UK and now i see why! One of my old school mates is ragging one round now, lucky git! I never realised the z was so motorsport/enthusiast biased!

noosee
09-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Very nice choice St-anger. It really is the best car for $

Regie
09-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Your choice of car was impossible to pick, would never have thought a (previously) German car owner and employee would have turned Japanese. A good car nevertheless and your reasoning for getting it shows that you've got your feet (& head) firmly planted on the ground. A sensible decision for a short term car.

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what your next automobile will be.

I concur. Lovely pics st-anger, all of them. Thank you.

There have been some excellent posts in this thread, by st-anger and lakatu especially. Great read this has been.

st-anger
09-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Your choice of car was impossible to pick, would never have thought a (previously) German car owner and employee would have turned Japanese. A good car nevertheless and your reasoning for getting it shows that you've got your feet (& head) firmly planted on the ground. A sensible decision for a short term car.

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what your next automobile will be.

I concur. Lovely pics st-anger, all of them. Thank you.

There have been some excellent posts in this thread, by st-anger and lakatu especially. Great read this has been.

...first, thx for appreciating our hard work, i´m especially glad that u mentioned lakatu as well, he´s doing an extremely good job here at Porsche Central, non of u has ever recognized that, but we´re talking way more via PM than in the forum, he´s always after learning something, always wants to know more and when i have the time i really enjoy talking to him, because he really knows his stuff and is one of the few that actually takes the chance and tries to learn as much as he can - i really like that, shows me that i´m not completely useless here at JW with "my" section... :wink:
so again, i´m gld u like the stuff posted, hopefully we can even improve everything, maybe with your help as well Régie - would be nice to see u more often around here at "PC"... :P

...you've got your feet (& head) firmly planted on the ground
and definitely THX for noticing... i had the very strong feeling that the majority had been a bit dissapointed with my choice - many of them expected a car at least twice as expensive, without a doubt i could have bought a ... i don´t know... GT2 ... for some weeks, but i really liked the idea of the 350Z, and i loved it even more after the first test drive, so it´s been clear that this would be the "summer ride"...

i´d have some thoughts about all this but i think i´ll keep them by myself, i don´t like to talk about money when it´s not necessary...

nevertheless, i´ll sell it probably next week or so anyway - it´s successor´ll be a .... :wink: ...... well, i think something from Zuffenhausen...
but also my friends from BMW are launching a very interesting model right now, well...we´ll see - right now i´m happy with all the comfort in the planes and to save at least 8 hours per week... :P

coombsie66
09-20-2004, 06:43 AM
^^ Yes but 8 hours a week in an M5 could be considered a pleasure to some. :wink:

cooperluke
09-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Nice car.. but ... I think I would prefer a regular 911 as a daily car! And I bet you could easily get a "good as new" one, in order not to spend lot more money than you would in a 350Z.

It's a great car although!

st-anger
09-20-2004, 11:22 AM
...but 8 hours a week in an M5 could be considered a pleasure to some

lol coombs, these are the words from a hungry young guy...but look at me, i´m an old man, had been lucky ( but also hard-working ) enough to have the chance to ride some of the best and finest cars for years, so up to now i ended up with hundreds of thousands of kilometers and sometime, even when u drive a ...whatever...., u just want to sit back and relax, the stewardess just served u a glass of red wine...just relax after an exhausting week, personally i favour that as to hunt down some snobs in their AMGs or whatever.... :wink:

good call luke, but as i said many times b4, i have the Porsches at work, sure i love them but i also enjoy some other cars in my "off work time", and i have a favour for the outstanding things, like Bangles BMWs or the 350Z... :wink:
sure we have our employee bonus form PAG, and don´t worry something tells me that i might use it next year ... don´t know....or i ´ll stay with BMW....who knows... :wink:
one thing is for sure, the next car won´t be a Nissan :lol:

nthfinity
09-20-2004, 12:33 PM
the next car won´t be a Nissan

ive not had the chance to drive a 350z; but i have to say, it is definately one of the best side profiles of any car on the planet :)
i must ask... the nissan didnt quite suite up to be so good for the long distances?

ZfrkS62
09-20-2004, 08:54 PM
one thing is for sure, the next car won´t be a Nissan

and here i was starting to think you were converting to the Z side, St-Anger :D

i have been drooling for one of those cars since they were a rumor, even more so after i drove one. You have to admit, those little Z cars know how to plaster a smile on your face :mrgreen:

Regie
09-21-2004, 09:43 AM
...first, thx for appreciating our hard work, i´m especially glad that u mentioned lakatu as well, he´s doing an extremely good job here at Porsche Central,
...shows me that i´m not completely useless here at JW with "my" section... :wink:
so again, i´m gld u like the stuff posted, hopefully we can even improve everything, maybe with your help as well Régie - would be nice to see u more often around here at "PC".
Definitely not useless, quite the opposite I'd say :)
I'm certainly going to be hanging around JW, but due to time constraints my posting is sporadic and I try to get a good spread in terms of discussions followed/participated in and my posts usually come in fits (either quiet for a long time or a sudden blitzkrieg of posts). Always behind the 8 ball, catching up on older threads. :? I've usually got numerous tabs open, with threads dating back a few weeks. I usually reboot once a month or so, just put the powerbook to sleep and I'm off and read the JW threads during my free times! <thanks the computer gods for tabbed browsing and the stability of OS X>.

and definitely THX for noticing... i had the very strong feeling that the majority had been a bit dissapointed with my choice - many of them expected a car at least twice as expensive
You can please some of the people all of the time,
You can please all of the people some of the time,
BUT you can never please all of the people all of the time!
(more so when it comes to cars) :lol:

ZfrkS62
09-21-2004, 10:23 AM
i must ask... the nissan didnt quite suite up to be so good for the long distances?

I think the biggest complaint of the magazines was the interior. and i'm not so sure a taller driver would be quite as comfortable in it. the suspension is pretty stiff so if you took it on a long drive over cobble stone roads, i don't think your kidneys would be thanking you :x but definetly good for blasting around town :twisted:
not to mention the fact that for half the price you can make a Boxter S owner sweat :D

cooperluke
09-21-2004, 11:01 AM
next car won´t be a Nissan

I thought so...
Someone who is used to drive cars like the 7 series and Porsche in general, of course would like to have a bit fun with a 350Z, but wouldn't be totally fullfilled!

:)

st-anger
09-21-2004, 02:14 PM
...well, definitely, the 350Z is a weekend fun machine for me - it´s IMO not very usefull as a daily driver, as ZfrkS62 mentioned the ride is kinda stiff, clutch and especially steering and gear lever require quite some forces, traveling on the autobahn for longer distances is not a big problem, the seats are just perfect, quite compareable with the Porsche seats, when u talk about tall ppl, i´m 1.90m tall and had no problems with the car - again as mentioned above, the only real downside is the cheap interior, don´t get me wrong, there´re some really nice details but in the end it´s just a better Nissan interior and that´s it, BUT with such a car, interior and that stuff, for me personally comes last...
oh yes, especially weh going faster that 130 - 150kmh the wind nois is kinda loud, also noise from the tyres and engine, so it´s really loud in the 350Z...
nevertheless, this is a fun machine for some twisty roads or the race track, the whole tranny is just perfect for sportive driving, very short and sporty gear lever travel, sporty arranged gears, very precise...nearly perfect... as mentioned b4, brakes are one of the best on a stock-car in that class, only BMW has better brakes on the track, but with different brake fluid, brake pipes and pads you have a fully prepared car for the track, nevertheless what i discovered especially at NS, the Potenza RE040 tyres aren´t the best solution for this car, they start to scream very very soon so the driver is a bit irritated just by the noise, and the overall performance isn´t that good, a friend of mine, the one who told me about the 350Z, has Michelins on it and he says that it´s WAY better with the Michelin sport tyres...
but again, this won´t be a car for the pros, this is the PERFECT car for beginners and advancers, personally i´d recommend a 350Z for all those who want to learn a track or in general to race on a track...
the 350Z has a foolproof handling behaviour, no nasty load cycle changes, is very very controllable at the limit has a wide grip band, this is all because of the high sophisticated suspension/chassis, if i´m not mistaken Nissan registered something around 14 :!: patents just for the suspension/chassis system...and Nissan engineers did a wonderful job IMO, again i think quite some ppl underestimate the 350Z - unfortunately...
an example, i´m not the worst driver on nordschleife :wink: and without problems i was able to keep up with ///M3´s and Porsches ( no GT´s ) - of course with some skilled drivers - we´re talking about "four-digit drivers" ( =laps )...

so in the end i really enjoyed the time with the Nissan, had lot´s of fun with it, unfortuntely i had sooooooo little time for it and i´ll sell it in the near future... :(

but nevertheless, i think i´ll get a good replacement for my work at the PES/PEG subsidiaries, i can take my company car from the EZW with me, a black Porsche Cayenne S - well, not the worst car out there IMO... :wink:

coombsie66
09-22-2004, 07:46 PM
^^ See your still a 'hungry young man' at heart St-anger, chasing down all those M3's in your little play thing! :wink: :P I understand what you say about the long journeys especially during long exhausting working weeks. As you said sometimes a glass of red on a relaxing trip home just fits the bill better. (but only if the stewardess is hot :wink: )

st-anger
09-23-2004, 02:16 PM
^^ See your still a 'hungry young man' at heart St-anger, chasing down all those M3's in your little play thing! :wink: :P I understand what you say about the long journeys especially during long exhausting working weeks. As you said sometimes a glass of red on a relaxing trip home just fits the bill better. (but only if the stewardess is hot :wink: )

...u know it: "once a racer,..."

no seriously, it´s not that bad :wink:
in public traffic i drive very defensive and safe, only when autobahn has 3 lanes and there´s very little traffic i sometimes floor the cars chasing some ppl who think they are the fastest around :wink: :lol:
...again, i can have my fun at closed racetrack - just read the news here, every day there´re too many ppl injured or killed on autobahn because of speeding or agressive driving... :|

lol, u know the one and only thing i´m really looking forward is seeing my wife again, so no chance for the stewardesses :wink:
but i think i´m already too old to flirt with them anyway, i´ll leave it up to u... :wink:

coombsie66
09-23-2004, 04:09 PM

in public traffic i drive very defensive and safe, only when autobahn has 3 lanes and there´s very little traffic i sometimes floor the cars chasing some ppl who think they are the fastest around :wink: :lol:
...again, i can have my fun at closed racetrack - just read the news here, every day there´re too many ppl injured or killed on autobahn because of speeding or agressive driving... :|

lol, u know the one and only thing i´m really looking forward is seeing my wife again, so no chance for the stewardesses :wink:
but i think i´m already too old to flirt with them anyway, i´ll leave it up to u... :wink:

Im more than happy to take that baton onward and upward! :wink: But comeone, you must be considering an M5 now, ive watched every review of it, and i just cant believe the thing! It leaves me with a fat smile accross my face every time i hear it! And thats just sat here in my arm chair! I can only imagine the enjoyment of being in the drivers seat!
U must be tempted to at least take one on a test drive!? :wink:

st-anger
09-23-2004, 04:31 PM

Im more than happy to take that baton onward and upward! :wink: But comeone, you must be considering an M5 now, ive watched every review of it, and i just cant believe the thing! It leaves me with a fat smile accross my face every time i hear it! And thats just sat here in my arm chair! I can only imagine the enjoyment of being in the drivers seat!

i think my BMW dealer should be one of the first to get a E60 M5, so we´ll see... :wink:
for sure, to own a M5 would be nice BUT my next car is more or less fixed...i´m talking about next year, spring/summer...

i´d have opened a new reply tomorrow, but well, i can say it now as well...tomorrow, friday, i´ll take the 350Z back to the dealer and next week i´ll take my company car, a Cayenne S, home with me - it´ll be my car for the PEG/PES work...
ahhh, we´ll see... :wink:

schnell318
09-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Well since you said that BMW has an interesting model coming out now I guess it must be the M5 or probably the M6. I think you´ll have to ewait at least another 8 monthe for the M6 though.
I agree with coombsie totally at least take it for a test drive but i´m you´ll get something beautifull whatever it is.

coombsie66
09-23-2004, 06:38 PM

i think my BMW dealer should be one of the first to get a E60 M5, so we´ll see... :wink:
for sure, to own a M5 would be nice BUT my next car is more or less fixed...i´m talking about next year, spring/summer...

i´d have opened a new reply tomorrow, but well, i can say it now as well...tomorrow, friday, i´ll take the 350Z back to the dealer and next week i´ll take my company car, a Cayenne S, home with me - it´ll be my car for the PEG/PES work...

Thats what i wanted to see :wink: Cayenne S, not bad at all for a company run around!!! :shock:

st-anger
09-24-2004, 03:51 AM

Thats what i wanted to see :wink: Cayenne S, not bad at all for a company run around!!! :shock:

most of the company cars at Stuttgart or Weissach are 911s, but "only" the standard ones like C2, C4, C2 Cab, ... very hard to get a better one and you won´t get it for longer period because of some circumstances...
i took the Cayenne from the start, definitely the better choice for a company car IMO, had some different one´s over the past year and now i have a more or less brand new one, black with full beige leather interior looks very flashy is the best solution for long autobahn distances and right now only ~4200km on the clock...

st-anger
09-25-2004, 07:30 AM

LOL does your wife read JW too st-anger..... :wink:

but i think i´m already too old to flirt with them anyway

Come on dude, you dont stop playing cuz you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.... :D

Just had to say that.....sorry.... :lol:

But I am embarassed that I havnt seen this thread before, but now I have and must say I was just as clueless as the other guys guessing on what you where going to buy, I tought of a RX8 since I considered that was one the far side of your previous cars, but then you said 2 door and that got 2,5 doors.... :lol:

Well you got me as the others, I can only say a great choice on a summer car and I understand you not buying a Porsche as a car for just one summer as it wouldnt exactly be something new for you......

But I guess its gone now and, I wonder what your new car will be next summer.......I dont like the Bangle horror show, so I hope you dont go there next time, but I know you love it so...... :wink:

anyways a great topic with a lot of great pics..... :shock: ....I always get in a good mood when I read in PC, so I dont understand why I dont do it more than I do.......but I am more of a lurker in here and I dont have much to add to you and lakatu`s posts and others seem to ask what I wonder so when I arrive the dinner is served.....we are spoiled with having a such a team on Porsche`s in the house......

And when talking on houses, your house looks great (and very big).....with big garages looks like a great place..... :D

lol, i don´t think that she´s reading JW, but well, we´ve no secrets anyways... :)

you dont stop playing cuz you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing....

hehehe, got me... :wink:

lol, "Bangle horror show"....is it really that bad....!???
yep, u say it, i love every Bangle´d car from BMW, new E60 is just perfect, again - there´re some interesting models in the new 5series... :wink:

thx for the kind words, i´m glad u like the stuff we´re posting here, but one thing i HAVE TO add: that´s what it SHOULD NOT be - just one or two ppl post and discuss, again EVERYONE should post their comments, stuff, etc.... ( but plz in the right section :wink: ) i think everyone could add something, and together we can even improve PC - i´m sure about that, so i´m very grateful for ANY contribution :P

well, as u know my wife´s into real estate so we have some nice homes and this is our main living place - but i agree with u, she has done a great job on this one :wink: :lol:

hope to c-ya around in here more often now, greetz... :P

lakatu
09-25-2004, 05:14 PM
but I am more of a lurker in here and I dont have much to add to you and lakatu`s posts
Well thanks for the positive comments but I am going to have to disagree with you on this Brembo :lol: . I have really enjoyed your posts in the past and would encourage you and everyone else to continue to contribute :wink: . That is what has made PC great in the past and that is what will continue to make it great in the future. It is a community that shares information and ideas and like a network it becomes more valuable as more people participate.

nthfinity
09-26-2004, 05:08 AM
Well thanks for the positive comments but I am going to have to disagree with you on this Brembo . I have really enjoyed your posts in the past and would encourage you and everyone else to continue to contribute . That is what has made PC great in the past and that is what will continue to make it great in the future. It is a community that shares information and ideas and like a network it becomes more valuable as more people participate.

ill concour... as much as i generally consider myself a lurker hear as well; PC is definately where i learn the most :) periodically i try to add what i can :) ... perhaps one day when i can actually own a porsche 911... st-anger has convinced me never to dip into the non-911 range quite successfully 8)
and Lakatu, you speak from so much experience with these fine autos... for somebody like me, its generally hard to be so close to them on a daily basis; PC may be the most dificult to post in, i think.

lakatu
09-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Well thanks for the positive comments but I am going to have to disagree with you on this Brembo . I have really enjoyed your posts in the past and would encourage you and everyone else to continue to contribute . That is what has made PC great in the past and that is what will continue to make it great in the future. It is a community that shares information and ideas and like a network it becomes more valuable as more people participate.

ill concour... as much as i generally consider myself a lurker hear as well; PC is definately where i learn the most :) periodically i try to add what i can :) ... perhaps one day when i can actually own a porsche 911... st-anger has convinced me never to dip into the non-911 range quite successfully 8)
and Lakatu, you speak from so much experience with these fine autos... for somebody like me, its generally hard to be so close to them on a daily basis; PC may be the most dificult to post in, i think.
Well again thanks for the comments but I really don’t have that much experience with Porsches. Never owned one. Driven several of them but certainly not aggressively. Always loved them and as a result I’ve read everything that I could find on the subject. I use to go to local Porsche club events and talk with the owners. That and a year of physics in college is all the experience that I have on the subject.

So no need to feel like I have this great vast wealth of experience that others can’t compete with :? . That is why I think others can really contribute to PC. If people think that I have made a contribution, well I have probably less experience than anyone else here. IMO owning one and track driving experience in any car is more valuable than all the “experience” I have from reading about them. I really enjoy comments from people who do have practical experience driving the cars but personally I don’t think that is a requirement to contributing.

If there is a secret to contributing IMO it is making your posts count. I think too often people think that the number of post is what is important at JW. I think that is a natural tendency to believe that the more your voice is heard the better. But from my experience it is the quality of the posts that counts. Look at my post count it isn’t all that high. I can also tell you the moderators respect quality and not quantity as well :wink: .

BTW I really appreciated your contribution about aerodynamics :D . I have been working on a reply but have struggled with how to write it and finding the time. Keep up the contributions. And for those who are concerned about making mistakes and looking foolish…it is my experience that JW and especially PC readers are extremely forgiving of mistakes. I think a lot of that credit goes to st-anger and the tone he sets at PC with his kindness 8) . I can tell you I have made my fair share of mistakes. So take a risk and share your thoughts and opinions. IMO that is the best way to learn :wink: .

nthfinity
09-28-2004, 02:45 AM
BTW I really appreciated your contribution about aerodynamics . I have been working on a reply but have struggled with how to write it and finding the time. Keep up the contributions. And for those who are concerned about making mistakes and looking foolish…it is my experience that JW and especially PC readers are extremely forgiving of mistakes. I think a lot of that credit goes to st-anger and the tone he sets at PC with his kindness . I can tell you I have made my fair share of mistakes. So take a risk and share your thoughts and opinions. IMO that is the best way to learn .

lakatu, thankyou for such a gracious reply... it was cirtainly a real moral booster today. and i shall do my best to be more regular here :)
its nice to have my 'vague ideas' sometimes expressed at my current level of education. as far as my aero-post... i really wanted to do a few pictures, and diagrams (albiet, still shitty ;) of the GT, a 911, and the CGT, but i was in need to be at work at that time. i know somebody here has a bit more schooling than i do when it comes to aero... i was hoping they would post there as well.

there is something luring about Porsche that i cant quite explain very well, especially having never driven one. a man i met last week who is a collector said it well, i think. i love Porsche so much that I couldn't see myself in a position where I was unable to drive one, so I bought a Carrera 4 for the winters. That is, anyway, until i bought my Cayenne Turbo

st-anger
09-28-2004, 05:06 AM
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/IMG_0871.JPG

:P

TT
09-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Nice key dude :D but you know, I can't wait to see pics of the thing that key actually turns on :D

st-anger
09-28-2004, 05:16 AM
Nice key dude :D but you know, I can't wait to see pics of the thing that key actually turns on :D

loooool, pics or STFU ---- or how´s this going...???

well, just came home from germany some mins ago, weather is like shit here at my place, BUT - especially for u matteo :lol: i´ll fetch the digi cam and take ONE pic...but as always...more to follow... :wink:

just gimme some minutes...

TT
09-28-2004, 05:18 AM
LOL dude it was not really a pics of STFU thing :D it's just that I love to add new cars pics to my collection ;)

I'm waiting :P

st-anger
09-28-2004, 05:29 AM
hehehe, no worries - i knew it :wink:

so, here´s the first real pic of my latest company car, a Porsche Cayenne S which i´ll take with me next monday to my PEG/PES work - hope that i can take some more till then because as u know i´ll have very little time then - but well, there´d be sooooo much other things i´d like to post/share back from summer - unfortunately i´d need a JW secretary to manage all this... :lol:

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/IMG_0873.JPG

^^^very nice shot IMO with the weather situation and the car´s only visible through its contours... 8)

but again, there´ll be "better" one´s and hopefully some vids as well... :P

TT
09-28-2004, 05:37 AM
Very nice indeed! And I'm sure MANY ppl envy you since the usual company car is usually more like a Passat SW or something.. but well, not when you work for Porsches luckily!!!!!! :D

The JW secretary idea is great! I would like one too :D

coombsie66
09-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Very nice 'run about'. :wink:
I start back at uni next monday also, not looking forward to the huge workload im going to be experiencing either! :roll:

ARMAN
09-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Man I missed that post and you dont have already that 350Z :oops:

38 is not too old :roll: its just right age, the older we are the better we are, right? More experiences and stuff :P

st-anger
09-29-2004, 03:22 AM
...well, 350Z is long gone - well, not the best weather here in austria for such a car now anyways... :?

topgeartom
09-29-2004, 12:32 PM
The cayenne looks cool n black - very 'gangster' I hope she serves you well for the winter! ohh, and as i dont post in here ever, congradts on a kick-ass job! :P

st-anger
10-02-2004, 11:54 AM
finally found some time to take more pics of the Cayenne, unfortunately haven´t had enough time to take her to a better location... :?

some customs:
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_0880.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_0888.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_0891.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_0892.JPG

...quite useful, Porsche DVD Navi...
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_0911.JPG

Cayenne Turbo 19" wheels - a must have for a "S"... :wink:
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1089.JPG

my fav colour...basaltblack metallic with beige full leather interior...
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1094.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1099.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1100.JPG

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1103.JPG

...the one with "Tiptronic S" was a silver one, and i definitely wanted a black car - on the other hand - would´ve been WAY more comfortable with an auto tranny...i guess i can´t have everything... :?
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1104.JPG
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1105.JPG

as good as new, only 5500km on the clock...
http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/stAnger/Cayenne%20S/IMG_1106.JPG

more to come.... :P

TT
10-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the new pics :D IMO your house is already a pretty nice place to take them :D

davide
10-02-2004, 01:13 PM
I like the Cayenne, and have one as company car would be a dream!

martin100
10-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Very nice pics indeed St.Anger :!: Thats really a nice car though many people don´t like it :|

bmagni
10-02-2004, 08:47 PM
i like it !! congrats man !! :D

nthfinity
10-03-2004, 12:08 AM
thanks for sharing some more pics of her :)
as much as the Cayenne is my least favorite Porsche...
I love it :-D
as far as the 6 speed manuel? i know id perfer it every day... but then again, i am young, and dont often think of compfort when i drive; although, the jeep is just fine... just not me ;)

5vz-fe
10-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Wait......let me get a cloth and wipe off some of my drool......................

<drooling on>.......................Damn, that's the best setup for that Cayenne, 6-speed manual is the way to go!!

SilviaEvo
10-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Cayenne so its not a turbo?

TT
10-03-2004, 05:11 AM
No, it's a Cayenne S as you can read on its back ;)

5vz-fe
10-03-2004, 03:05 PM
I don't believe there's a manual option for the Turbo version is there?

coombsie66
10-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Great pics! Another advantage with the manual 6 speed is when it gets near the end of the period you have the car you can go doing some clutch shredding 7k launches!! :twisted:

bmw745ion19s
12-13-2004, 01:45 AM
before:

after:

unfortunately i´ve to say that i sold my love one this week, i know, kinda off-topic but i´d like to honor my big lady who went along with me the past 3 years...
i know many ppl hate that car because of it´s look and stuff, but for me it has been love at first sight and i´ll definitely miss her... :|

farewell my diva...

for someone loving their 7 so much you took horrible care of it! just look at that brake dust build up and the dirt on it, as well as the front end. it would be in better shape at a brushless car wash which for a 7 should only be done by you by hand as well as a bra for the front end! maybe the next person will love it more and give it the 19" wheels :) don't take it personally, I just can't stand nice cars that aren't taken care of, its just disprespectful.

gigdy
12-13-2004, 01:49 AM
So is bringing back dead topics just to flame people.

TT
12-13-2004, 05:26 AM
Indeed what a stupid comment! st-anger is a true car fanatic but piled up some serious miles on that E65! And with a very busy schedule, I doubt car cleaning could be his priority! And personally, I don't see anything bad in pics that show the car in a different "suit" than in showrooms or motorshow..

As for a bra for the front, if you mean those dumb leather protection often see in the US.. what a waste of money.. the most shitty thing you could do to a car!

Anonymous
12-13-2004, 05:34 AM
That is the most rude comment i've seen about someone elses car on JW... what a pile of shit :roll:

styla21
12-13-2004, 05:37 AM
You are absolutely clueless "bmw745ion19s" get a reality check..
Do you realise what happens when you drive a car? It gets dirty! There is dust build-up on the wheels and apart from that it maybe needs a wash, but there is no signs of "abuse". Please don't flame people for the sake of it around here - unless it is of something deserving.. like your post. :fist:

T-Bird
12-13-2004, 05:48 AM
before:

after:

farewell my diva...

for someone loving their 7 so much you took horrible care of it! just look at that brake dust build up and the dirt on it, as well as the front end. it would be in better shape at a brushless car wash which for a 7 should only be done by you by hand as well as a bra for the front end! maybe the next person will love it more and give it the 19" wheels :) don't take it personally, I just can't stand nice cars that aren't taken care of, its just disprespectful.

That's like saying that if it snows you have to clean the car right away even if it is going to snow the next damn day or the next hour but there is a break so it has to be hand cleaned for that short period of time. I've seen 7 series alot dirtier than that living here in Chicago because it is pointless spending all that time and money cleaning the damn thing if it will get dirty the next day. Hell I've gone long periods without cleaning my car because it just won't stop raining, snowing etc...

st-anger
12-27-2004, 05:36 PM
before:

after:

farewell my diva...

....well

...no worries - i DON´T take it personally - but let´s talk again when u have the job i´m doing right now - and how much time you´ll then have left for washing the car... :wink:
naaaaa, seriously, i usually try to keep my cars as clean as possible but back then it´s been very dirty - indeed, next time i´ll try to post pics when it´s clean ;)

btw, may i...???

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=241781#241781

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=262377#262377

^kinda clean now i hope :wink:

st-anger
12-28-2004, 07:08 AM
why you bring up dead topics?? :wink:

:lol: just wanted to be polite :wink: