PDA

View Full Version : Too many 360s?

SFDMALEX
08-01-2004, 12:59 PM
So I go to yourkvile yesterday(Torontos Hot SPOT for exotics) and saw 7 360s. First I saw three of them parked at a hotel. Three 360s in a 3 meter radius. Then I just saw 4 parked along the street. All I see lately is 360s, 360s, 360s.......they are becoming as common as 996TTs.

I think that Ferrari over did it with the production numbers for this car. They are too common. Every wanker with enough cash buys one. Every rapper boy, pop star and others with the money buy 360s. I see them on TV all the time, I see them on the street, this car just isnt exclusive anymore...

Anyone else think that?

On the other hand they need to make money :|

mindgam3
08-01-2004, 01:35 PM
I agree, most people just buy it because its a ferrari and they want to pose in it, they don't buy it for the great car it is. They'll just use it to go to the shops in and it'll probably never get over the 4000rpm mark.

I don't think they've over done it though, current production rate is about 3000ish a year, and I think the fact its been out for 4 or 5 years may make it a lil more common than it should be. But seeing as though all the celebrities keep crashing them and the new 430 is coming out soon for them to buy, I doubt we will be seeing as much of it.

SFDMALEX
08-01-2004, 01:46 PM
The funny thing is that if the 360 only came with a manual noone of the wanker rapper pop star boys would buy them. That Auto button is the selling point. :?

5vz-fe
08-01-2004, 02:27 PM
The funny thing is that if the 360 only came with a manual noone of the wanker rapper pop star boys would buy them. That Auto button is the selling point. :?

I agree....I yet to see a rapper drive a E39 M5 (but it's prolly too low key for them)

bmagni
08-01-2004, 02:57 PM

I agree....I yet to see a rapper drive a E39 M5 (but it's prolly too low key for them)

right, some people just buy em to say i have a ferrari... to show theyve got money and if it comes with auto option, its great for em

ARMAN
08-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Anyone else think that?

hehe my aswer must be NO, here we dont have many, and if you see 2-3 of them in one month its time to celibrate :P

But I got your point, its becoming common as Camry I guess :mrgreen:

SilviaEvo
08-01-2004, 05:30 PM
hehe my aswer must be NO, here we dont have many, and if you see 2-3 of them in one month its time to celibrate

But I got your point, its becoming common as Camry I guess

it is becoming common but i hardly ever get to see a Ferrari maybe 5 a year excluding those at the car shows

No.1
08-01-2004, 05:37 PM
hehe my aswer must be NO, here we dont have many, and if you see 2-3 of them in one month its time to celibrate

But I got your point, its becoming common as Camry I guess

it is becoming common but i hardly ever get to see a Ferrari maybe 5 a year excluding those at the car shows

Really.... i'm not bragging here, but 4-5 modern Ferrari's a week is very common. I don't even go looking for them.... they just come to me. It just so happens that i live near (and travel through) a very rich neibourhood virtually everyday. :D Not that i see the same cars, it is just impossible to visit Manchester without spotting about 10 SL55 AMG's and a Ferrari :wink:

SFDMALEX
08-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Well on a saturday night at yourkville. Its an exotics fest. Lambos, Ferraris, Porks and AMGs.

SilviaEvo
08-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Really.... i'm not bragging here, but 4-5 modern Ferrari's a week is very common. I don't even go looking for them.... they just come to me. It just so happens that i live near (and travel through) a very rich neibourhood virtually everyday. Not that i see the same cars, it is just impossible to visit Manchester without spotting about 10 SL55 AMG's and a Ferrari

i rarely ever see a Ferrari and when i do im like HOLY :shock: :shock: :shock:

TT
08-01-2004, 05:49 PM
First of all: next time take a digicamera with you :D

666fast
08-01-2004, 06:16 PM
It's to be expected if you ask me. It's the entry level Ferrari, so it only makes sense that a lot fo people have it. A lot of people have them, but I don't think it's taking it's exclusivity away. (Is Exclusivity a word? LOL)
Just be glad you live in an area where you actually get to see them. I see maybe 2 or 3 a year if I'm lucky.

sentra_dude
08-01-2004, 08:20 PM
So I go to yourkvile yesterday(Torontos Hot SPOT for exotics) and saw 7 360s. First I saw three of them parked at a hotel. Three 360s in a 3 meter radius. Then I just saw 4 parked along the street. All I see lately is 360s, 360s, 360s.......they are becoming as common as 996TTs.

I think that Ferrari over did it with the production numbers for this car. They are too common. Every wanker with enough cash buys one. Every rapper boy, pop star and others with the money buy 360s. I see them on TV all the time, I see them on the street, this car just isnt exclusive anymore...

Anyone else think that?

On the other hand they need to make money :|

I agree. It is a shame that so many people that (this is a bit haughty) don't deserve them own the 360. However, you can also look at it in a good way, it shows just how good the car is that so many people have bought it.

I also have to say I am a bit distressed that so many people buy the 360 with the F1 transmission. I also think its a shame Ferrari has taken the same route with the 575, making the F1 transmission an option, basically opening the door to a bunch of wankers buying them. I thought it was great when Ferrari didn't offer the F1 transmission on the 550, in a sense keeping out the people too lazy to drive a real manual, but we have to realize they are a for-profit company, and they have make good business decisions, and offering the F1 is definitely good for business.

I still don't see that many 360s, so I don't think they have become 'too common', they are still special cars, no matter how many you see...

BADMIHAI
08-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I guess it makes it more Ferraris for us to enjoy seeing/hearing. However, it has become a wanker's car, and I would never buy one because of that. It reminds me of Thamar's sig.

robruf
08-02-2004, 11:25 AM
SFDMALEX, just remember that Toronto is the 5th richest city in North America, so there will always be tons of Ferrari's around, however, since a new Ferrari 360 costs around $300,000 CDN, not everyone can afford them, you are just seeing them all in a very super concentrated area, because everyone in hogtown loves to show off what they have, it is very americanized that way. I love Toronto, but there are alot of people who just park their Ferrari's around Yorkville so that they can get some pussy.

Stikz
08-02-2004, 01:07 PM
SFDMALEX, is the hotel you're talking about at University and Bloor?

DMbaseball1604
08-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I definitely agree, there are too many 360's, there are A TON where I live..if you go out on a sunny saturday you will see tons of Ferraris and Gallardos...but I see 360 spiders on a pretty regular basis here, which is sort of annoying because you know that being a spider they are more concerned with the looks and getting noticed than the actual performance of the car..a spider being heavier and all that mumbo jumbo..

SFDMALEX, just remember that Toronto is the 5th richest city in North America, so there will always be tons of Ferrari's around.

Just out of curiosity..which cities are ahead of Toronto

nejcdolinsek
08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
This is just my opinion, but I think there is no such thing as "too many Ferraris".

Hell, the only 360 I've ever seen is a 2 second glimpse at a speeding 360 Spider... in red... with challenge grills, might I add...

YOU GUYS HAVE ALL THE LUCK :wink:

IgotWRXed
08-02-2004, 05:20 PM
i go to school in LA and i see 550s and 575s on a regular basis. z8s are ultra common and 360s are disposable ferraris.

hell my buddy owns 2 challenge cars as well as a modena and a spyder(sold the 575m)

SFDMALEX
08-02-2004, 07:06 PM
SFDMALEX, is the hotel you're talking about at University and Bloor?

Bloor and Avenue

FireBball972
08-02-2004, 09:20 PM
actually, I've never seen one in real life, like out on the streets and such. So, I guess I would have to say that they're not too common :lol:

but yeah, most rappers and such buy them just to say "hey, I have a Ferrari, I'm a real cool guy" and they don't or can't appreciate what an excellent car it is. personally, I think its a waste. give it to me, someone who will actually appreciate the heritage and such.

Stikz
08-02-2004, 10:54 PM
same thing man, university becomes avenue at bloor. A couple weeks ago i saw a gallardo and a 911 Turbo outside there. There's like a lounge right next to the hotel which usually has some sweet cars parked right outside.
There must have been some serious cars downtown today cuz of Caribana.

Ford Capri 2.8i
08-06-2004, 04:50 PM
To manufacturer 3000 360s a year means a lot to be a ferrari model, but, to be honest, i feel that id never get tired or bored of watching too many ferraris, on the other side, i wish i were you, once the last time that i saw a 360 was at christmas last year

nurbrun
08-15-2004, 02:33 AM
as a person who lives i n toronto, i could not agree more with you SFDMALEX. in my recent topic TONS OF EXOTICS IN TORONTO is basicly a ferrari edtion. 360's are more like a fasion statment in toronto! :D

RC45
08-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Well - to bolster that impression that most 360's are sold to wannabes and not Tifosi - think about this.

The 550 and 575 values keep dropping to levels lower than the inflated prices 360 prices. So why would you pay an inflated price for a 360, when you can get a classic front engines RWD V12 for a lower price?

Because your buddies at the Sushi Bar and Gym Club won't know what a 550 or 575 is... and neither do you ... ;)

nejcdolinsek
08-15-2004, 05:29 AM
Well - to bolster that impression that most 360's are sold to wannabes and not Tifosi - think about this.

The 550 and 575 values keep dropping to levels lower than the inflated prices 360 prices. So why would you pay an inflated price for a 360, when you can get a classic front engines RWD V12 for a lower price?

Because your buddies at the Sushi Bar and Gym Club won't know what a 550 or 575 is... and neither do you ... ;)

You speak the truth... quite sad, isn't it :roll: