PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Cappachino ???

gat
09-04-2003, 08:27 AM
Went back home to Somerset (UK) the other day to find a friend has got a new car...

a Suzuki Cappachino.
Sounds like a pussys car to me....

But it turns out its a 2 seater, RWD, 600cc Turbo. (and its a convertable)
Now that sounds like fun to me. Apparently stock they do 0-60 in 8sec's which is not bad for a 600cc 70bhp little motor.

Hes slightly tuned it two, straight through etc, few engine mods including dump valve...

Its ok man, nice little 1st car.
Anyone else seen these??

Jabba
09-04-2003, 08:32 AM
well if its the same car...I saw one about ten years ago...kinda like an older version of the smart car....

gat
09-04-2003, 08:35 AM
http://www.fischer-cars.de/Rennsport/cappo2.JPG

ok, so they dont look all that, but i would of loved one as a 1st car...

oh yeh, in the autocar top 50 cars to drive in your lifetime, this was number 48.

Jabba
09-04-2003, 08:38 AM
OK not quite as I remember it...but I am sure it was very tiny...like you could almost fit it into your pocket !!!

stracing
09-04-2003, 08:39 AM
yea its pretty old..japs call them kei car or short k-car.

i had a vid of k-cars. mitsubishi and honda had k-cars in their range once. but unless you're tiny, you wouldn't really want to be in it for long.

i think the pic made it look bigger than it really is. its really tiny

TT
09-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Well, the real name is Capuccino ;) and David Yu (evo magazine) has it as a second car... the "first" one beeing an F355 till some time ago ;)

And he always said this is a bloody funny car :) I believe him :D

gat
09-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Just looking for a few cappaccino images when i found this...

http://www.suzuki-w.co.jp/history2/cara/image/craPG6S.jpg
http://www.suzuki-w.co.jp/history2/cara/image/craPG6S_N.jpg
http://www.autozine.nl/text/extern/5_2459_300.jpg
http://www.autozine.nl/text/extern/5_2472_300.jpg

What a strange looking little car....
here is some info...

Suzuki CARA is one of the most unique sports cars ever built. Unfortunately, it is very unlikely, that you see such a car outside Japan. This vehicle was designed by SUZUKI and MAZDA like a joint venture

MAZDA designed chassis and SUZUKI designed power train (including engine). SUZUKI supplied them to MAZDA who assembled chassis and power train into complete vehicles.

The reason why SUZUKI dealed only 537 units of CARA was not for its performance but for depression of Japanese economy in that time. Its performance was really superior than any other K-class car, but its price was a little expensive in that time

Steel skeleton monocoque frame
All plastic outer panel
2-seater cabin
Gull-wing doors
Rear midship 660 EPI twincam 12valve intercooler turbo engine
Maximum power 64PS/6500rpm(NET)
Maximum torque 8.7kgf-m/4000rpm
5-speed manual transmission
4-wheel disc brakes
155/65R13 steel radial tires
Curb weight 720kg

[/img]

rp
09-04-2003, 08:47 AM
EVO had a second hand bying guide about the Cap some time ago. I just cant seem to stop thinking about one of these little "girly" cars, with a nasty gixxer or busa engine...

stracing
09-04-2003, 08:49 AM
haha
i forgot car doors like thats existed

while you're at it..check out honda beat...that was honda's reply to suzuki

possessed_beaver
09-04-2003, 12:14 PM
i saw some stuff about in in a import mag!!!
haahahah
but i haven't seen any in person yet

draak666
09-04-2003, 12:26 PM
That's quite a sweet car in that pic, gat. Nice paint, nice wheels and is that a leather interior? Too bad they couldn't come up with a cooler name. But besides that... ok. That 0-60 time is also pretty fast for a car with 70 bhp.

dis3as3d
09-04-2003, 01:22 PM
ug econoboxes :cry:. will never ever drive and econobox, minivan, or station waggon, its against my religion

possessed_beaver
09-04-2003, 01:34 PM
is it me or does that car have big breaks for a car that size?
haha like massive brembo brakes!

Billyjuan
09-04-2003, 02:30 PM
possessed_beaver
is it me or does that car have big breaks for a car that size?
haha like massive brembo brakes! heheheeh i was thinking the samething when i saw the car but the car dosent look that bad i would drive it if some1 gave it to me lol

1zippo1
09-04-2003, 03:43 PM
I think the concept is cool and some manufacturar should make something like this. It may not have a mighty V8 but it consumes little, the light weight gives it good handling if they fit a good suspension and running costs are much much lower... And especially that last thing is very important in my country. Fuel, tax and insurance are incredibly high. This could give you a sporty car wich you could afford without having to sell you're mother for it. (Who else should make my food) I think if they make a good car like this, kinda like Smart tried with the roadster, and do it right. It could be a huge succes.

The smart roadster is cool, but it's to pricy and I hate that gearbox...

SDK2003
09-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Jabba - You're right, this car is tiny. Imagine a SMART but lower and without a roof