PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari suicide

stradale
07-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Bit of a grim and sad topic, but Ferrari related.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0723ferrari23.html

The service manager of Motorsports of Scottsdale wrote the following on Ferrarichat.com:

"As the service manager for the dealership where this took place, allow me to provide a few details from the inside. The young man appeared to have every intent to kill himself that Friday as the police told us he sent a suicide note FedEx to his parents in Wisconsin to tell them that he had planned not to live beyond 5/21. Regardless of his previous problems I am thankful he did not have the desire to kill anyone at the store, he just wanted the car for what the police called a "police assisted suicide". He drove into the lot, drove back out, and drove back again and parked in front of our detail shop. After hearing the first shot which blew a hole in the cinder block wall ten inches from one of my detailer's head to prove the gun wasn't a toy, I ran outide to see what the noise was. There are a lot of things that can make a loud booming sound that I've come across in 17 years in the car business, from the techs putting compressed air into a plastic bottle to scare someone to something exploding accidentally which might injure an employee. I had no idea he had a semi-automatic Bushmaster rifle and 600 to 700 rounds of ammunition on hand until I got to the car and saw it myself. The gunman had no clue that it was necessary to push the keyless entry button to unlock the security system, and even after having the gun fired in their presence, my detail staff was not going to tell him how to take the car. All of the detail staff evacuated the shop to run into the store as the parts manager dialed 911. As the gunman came to the larger building we had already locked the doors trying to get the employees and customers out the other side. He then proceeded to use eight shots and blow out my sliding glass door to my office as the parts manager and I exited into the shop. When a semi-auto is involved you run and don't look back and thats what all of us did our best to do. The man had every opportunity to kill myself and five others in my company but chose not to. He then walked out to the detail shop again after scaring the bejeezus out of my parts manager and a parts delivery guy, past two Scottsdale policemen, got into the same car, couldn't start it and took his own life. It was a bigger mess than a nosebleed but was cleaned up by a local Phoenix company that specializes in such things. And contrary to previous inaccurate reports, it did not smell at all. Not even a little.

There have been many sleepless nights suffered since then by some of the staff, but the reality is that if a little lost sleep is the greatest repercussion, we are thankful thats the worst of it. You take the lessons learned and try to grow stronger and move on. That's all you can do. I'm happy I can still see my family every day, and that's all I was thinking about once the reality of the situation set in.

Glad to be here!"

bmagni
07-26-2004, 10:37 PM
sad and impressive...

bobafett
07-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Pulp Fiction...Marvin...

--Dan

5vz-fe
07-27-2004, 12:17 AM
That's very sad.......... :(

Vansquish
07-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Depressing...his poor family... :cry:

Ian_yamaue
07-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Damn, I'm mad about Ferrari, but I won't do this.
It's very sad.

Stikz
07-27-2004, 08:23 PM
damn, thats gotta be traumatizing as hell. Hope everyone involved recovers

SilviaEvo
07-27-2004, 08:51 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Tomerville
07-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Those other people working at the dealership weill have to go through some serios therapy...

RC45
07-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Tragic event... but I hope the drug company does not end up having to pay a crazy amount of money in damages for this one.