PDA

View Full Version : Renault Clio Williams @ Nordschleife

Jordy
09-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Hey guys! :)

Here's another Nordschleife video, featuring the Renault Clio Williams MY1993. Enjoy!

54 mb @ 11 mins
Click here for the movie! (http://www.8200rpm.com/Video_Section/vkd_8200rpm_renault_clio_williams.wmv)

Kind regards,

JvK

TT
09-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Oh, thanks Jordy, can't wait to watch it :)

Jordy
09-03-2003, 12:55 PM
You're welcome!

A little note: it seems to go slow, but that's due to the position of the camera. It seems to take away the speedeffect like in most computergames. Not sure how to solve it, but when I place the suction mount on the right passengerwindow it seems to go twice as fast. Too bad it's still prohibited to film at the Ring (this was very sneaky) :wink:

gis
09-03-2003, 04:10 PM
thanks again for another video jordy,i enjoy watching them :D

Wide
09-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Tnx dude.. Downloadin right now..

fedezyl
09-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Wow, that was a great video and your car is AWESOME! I love clio williams!
Just one question, were you heel and toeing on the downshifts? it didn't sounded like you were..or the driver...

Jordy
09-03-2003, 07:05 PM
I'll try and ask him this week.

I don't think he does though; it's not really necessary with FWD cars. It's often used in RWD cars to prevent shift lock. Same goes for FWD cars ofcourse, but it's not that extreme. I also think he hasn't got the right shoe size (BIG!) for these kind of driving techniques. :lol:

Lifting the throttle or braking slightly in the corners makes this particular car very tricky.

fedezyl
09-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Well about heel and toeing in FWD cars, the problem is not only shift lock but the synchros in the gear box, by not heel and toeing you put a huge stress on them when downshifting....from personal experience, since I broke my dad's alfa romeo 146 ti third gear synchro by not heel and toeing...

SFDMALEX
09-03-2003, 08:28 PM
For people with small feet, get these babies
http://www.mz3.net/articles/images/189-heel.jpg

rp
09-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks for another vid Jordy. Re: heel and toe, I do it all the time, just to make it sescond nature. It may not be necesarry to do all the time, but it never hurts. It just feels right to do it on the track as well, no jurking when you disengage the clutch.

Jordy
09-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Ok, but do you have adjusted pedals (or a pedal set)? I haven't driven a car yet which has the right pedals for this driving technique; usually the gas pedal is located too deep in relation to the brake pedal.

Another thing is, I like to sit close to the steering wheel (for racing). In this position my legs are 'too long' for this kind of heel-and-toe.

rp
09-06-2003, 03:28 AM
I havent got enough room for true HnT, so I blip the gas with the side of my foot instead. People with RHD cars usually have it easier, as the footwell tends to have more space to the right of the gaspedal.

Imre
09-06-2003, 03:45 AM
Too bad it's still prohibited to film at the Ring (this was very sneaky)
Why?

666fast
09-06-2003, 03:57 AM
Because people crash and sometimes die. Or so I am told.

Jordy
09-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Well it's more the media that spoils the fun. Last year a famous icon crashed on the Nordschleife, resulting in a bad publicity hype. Therefore they banned all camera's at the track. You can still use your camera next to the track (hard to prevent on a 22 km track), so it's not a 'waterproof' rule.

SFDMALEX
09-06-2003, 09:50 AM
Well it's more the media that spoils the fun. Last year a famous icon crashed on the Nordschleife, resulting in a bad publicity hype. Therefore they banned all camera's at the track. You can still use your camera next to the track (hard to prevent on a 22 km track), so it's not a 'waterproof' rule.

What if you have a camera mounting in the car but you attach the camera when you rolled out of the pits?

rp
09-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Then the marshals are gonna rip you a new one, if they catch you while on the track. They have a number of cars circulating. But people still do it, just not as obvious as before.

jakaracman
09-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Jes, I've seen the solution some guys use: a smal DV in passenger seat headrest. Just a small hole ...

TT
09-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Jes, I've seen the solution some guys use: a smal DV in passenger seat headrest. Just a small hole ...

LMAO, this is cleaver! In effect you can just use a "spare" headrest, create the hole and the space inside it... then put a fabric cover on it and just remove it when you're out on the track :D