PDA

View Full Version : 94 Nissan 180sx

Billyjuan
09-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Hello Every1 i am really new to this forum, but i have a couple questions to any person who owns a 94 180sx. Ok I am looking at a JDM 180sx from japan in california and i might buy it but. But there isnt many places out here where i can find NISMO performance parts for it. Does any1 know where i can find them dosent matter if in US or online and if not asking much also CHEAP too if possible lol?. And are the cars expensive to fix and are they reliable?, because so far i have read every person has said they are very nice cars to have if u keep them up to date with their services and stuff. Also I wants part that give me as much HP, is NISMO is not the best parts for it, what are some good part that i can buy if i buy the car?

666fast
09-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Nismo stuff will never be cheap. From what i read, they are pretty much only available through Nissan dealerships. It'll be expensive, but far less than buying and shipping it from Japan.

It'll be expensive to fix. Why? Because the motor is from Japan. I have no idea if it shares and parts with any of the engines they offer here.

Throw reliability out the window. It's the risk you take when buying a modified car. You never know how good of a job was done with the engine swap. It could run strong for as long as you have it or it could die two days later.

If you want parts that get you as much power as possible, they are gonna cost you. I'm sure Nismo is quality stuff, I couldn't tell you if it's the best though.
If you want to pay for it, Top Secret in Japan has some cool stuff for them. They had one with 800bhp. It's very cool car.

stracing
09-02-2003, 11:30 PM
actually no parts from japan are cheap. however hks has a workshop in america they may have parts for less.

GT-R_R34
09-17-2003, 05:13 PM
i guess you're better off getting a SR20DET engine and swap the one from the 180 and do a silvia conversion. Even sport compact car magazine shows you how and how to look for parts.

Kangaroo Boy
09-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Where do I start with the 180sx...They are very reliable(depends how you drive),and the SR20det is a great engine.I've worked on Silvia and 180sx..They are great car to work on.Everything is easy to find and get to.As for tune them,.Yes,its true that Nismo gear is expensive,but there is always second hand parts.HKS have alot of gear for the Sr20det,And I recommend it.Anyway,good luck.

Igorionia
03-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Some kind a interesnitg question :? how could top stuff cost not big money?
There are a lot of guys ,services and so on in USA who can Help with importing JDM stuff to you Try something like Taka Kaira ,HKS ,APEX`i, Greddy dilers. That depends from you What kind of mods do you want?For What this car modified? You should decide those questions dirst for yourself

In conclusion 180SX is a good choise (especialy if it's with SR20DET less prices on stuff). Enjoy 8)

crazyxzer0
03-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Well a 180sx is mainly just a 240sx hatch from US with lovely accessories like a CA18DET instead of a KA24DE. I believe it also LSD as an option but I'm not too sure on that. As the SR20DET, its definitely not SMOG legal considering you are also in california, perhaps the CA18DET isnt smog legal either. Alot of people who do the swap keep the K24 around. They put the k24 back in to smog then return the SR20DET back in or CA18DET (the actual 180sx engine) after passing. In terms of reliable, the KA24 is, and the car itself is pretty decent. Friend has one. Perhaps very expensive once you get a SR20DET.

Go check out the Super Autobacs Store. They might have more accessories for the car. They sell various parts from japan, pretty pricey but rare parts are there for rather decent prices.