PDA

View Full Version : RALF CRASHES AND BURNS IN MONZA

Jabba
09-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Tuesday 2nd September 2003

Formula One world title contender Ralf Schumacher was taken to hospital on Tuesday after crashing his Williams heavily in testing at Monza.

The accident came just a matter of hours after the German had escaped unharmed when his car caught fire in the pit lane.

"He's okay but he's been taken to hospital for further checks," said a team spokeswoman. "He's walking and the engineers are saying he is okay and everything."

Schumacher went off the track at the Lesmo corner about two minutes before the close of the session and witnesses said his car was badly damaged.

Ralf is fourth in the championship with three races to go, 14 points behind leader Michael Schumacher. Williams lead Ferrari in the constructors' championship by eight points.

Earlier, marshals hurried to extinguish flames after an apparent oil leak flared up when the German came in after his first few laps.

"It was nothing major, it looked worse than it was," said the spokeswoman.

All the Formula One teams are testing at Monza, the venue for next week's Italian Grand Prix.

MORE HERE:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1102535,00.html

twboy1999
09-02-2003, 07:29 PM
i wonder how bad the crashes look
none of f1 site have the pics......

hey dont u think teh offcial f1 website sucks??? www.f1.com is really shitty, with little info

whats a good f1 site?

TT
09-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Dang, the title of the news was scary: Ralph crashes and burns at Monza! Ouchè But all is ok for him :)

alondahan
09-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Dang, the title of the news was scary: Ralph crashes and burns at Monza! Ouchè But all is ok for him :)

yea I was really overwhelmed when I read the title. :shock: thank god he's ok.

rp
09-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Hope hes ok... this years F1 championship is actually getting interesting :wink:

stradale
09-13-2003, 05:58 AM
Apparently he wasn't entirely OK. He's not driving the Italian GP. Too bad. I just heard it on the news. It seems he has headaches and is not fit to drive.