PDA

View Full Version : Driv3r

Apac102
07-20-2004, 11:47 PM
has anyone played this yet? Ive heard bad thinga bout it in game magazines, but I still want to get it because it looks bad ass. Since we all are car nuts on this page, Id rather listen to you guys then game magazines.

DjPtsatsot
07-20-2004, 11:50 PM
i bought the game no matter of what the reviews said, because the game looked very kick ass... and it was, it really wasnt as glitchy and bad as everyone says... i had no problems with it and it was a ton of fun. I got it on Xbox if that makes a difference. Controls are just a matter of getting used to, and gun fights get to be fun once you master some sort of hiding technique and quick finger.
I actually recomend you rent it, because i think not only will you get the hang of it and see if you like it, you could also probably beat it. Its not that bad of a title just takes getting used to.

gigdy
07-21-2004, 01:44 AM
kind of a repost
you may want to have a look here
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12489&highlight=

possessed_beaver
07-21-2004, 10:51 AM
i think they are trying to get more of a GTA3 theme to the game,
there is only one grand theft auto!

suqish76
07-21-2004, 11:15 AM
i hired it on both ps2 and xbox and found the ps2 version easier to control
therfore i bought it and finished it in a couple days
now im just searching Istanbul for the remaining 4-5 Timmy Vermicelli's
i love it but as TT said in the other post, it is short

gis
07-21-2004, 12:09 PM
i have it on PS2,i like the game but although i like it its nuthin compared to the GTA series.the graphics are ok especially in the cut scenes but in the game itself,they are quite disapointing.

TVR_Fan
07-24-2004, 05:31 PM
I have rented the game the car handling is good, but the aiming is one of the worst I have seen.

Plus there are bugs in it like some times you can shoot though the edge of the wall.

Gimp
07-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Some friends and I played this game... The graphics aren't that great, control problems like a bitch when trying to shoot, no sounds when swimming, over exenterated crashes, nice cars, peel out EVERYTIME you accelerate or turn, missions are too hard and tedious, don’t have the freedom of game play like in a GTA, and basically makes you appreciate game like GTA.

T-Bird
07-26-2004, 04:08 PM
you do know that there is the burnout button and the non-burnout button right? you can use either one as the accelerator the normal one starts the car slowly. I liked the game myself but the on-foot controls do kind of suck.