PDA

View Full Version : And a Z06 in Sweden...

RC45
07-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Old news (from Feb 2004) but just goes to show.. this car has fans all over the world.. ;)

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53932

HI!
I recently bought a Z06 from Germany. In Sweden it´s not possible to buy one directly because of import regulations (emission regulations). Now I´m thinking of replacing the engine. Have been in contact with Superior automotive in CA about an engine (383, 550 hp). Does anyone know about the company or can recommend it? Are there any other engine-builders that have a good reputation to make complete hi-performance engines with good reliability?

Hope to get some response!

Greetings from Sweden

and

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59755

Hi!
Have at last got my Vette back from the garage. They helped me with installing Vara Ram, LG-headers w cats, FAST-manifold and new ignition cables. The car sounds great now and I´m noticing much more thrust and torque. Have not got time fore the dyno yet but that will follow. Next step will be the 90mm throttle from FAST. Something to mark about this is that we got a lot of improvement when we got new ignition cables. The old ones did not work well for some reason.
Hallo from Sweden!
Tomas

666fast
07-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Cool.

I think I saw about 15 Z06's today. LOL

stracing
07-17-2004, 06:47 AM
when you get to see a car that is so common and then see it where its non exisitent it makes you feel like youve seen the one of the rare cars on earth.

thats how i felt when i saw a holden commodore around hong kong

RC45
07-17-2004, 12:44 PM
The thread is not about rarety, but rather the fact that as much as people like to hate it - there are people all over the world that love it.. ;)

Toronto
07-17-2004, 02:01 PM
isn't there a zo6 in the getaway in sweden video's?
so i guess then it is really old news

RC45
07-17-2004, 05:03 PM
isn't there a zo6 in the getaway in sweden video's?
so i guess then it is really old news

Your point?

And that was a coupe... BTW... ;)

SFDMALEX
07-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Who hates the Z06? I love it. I dont think anyone hates it.

RC45
07-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Yeah - but you're a well rounded, intelligent, knowledgable car enthusiast - ;)

SFDMALEX
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah - but you're a well rounded, intelligent, knowledgable car enthusiast - ;)

Well thank you mate. :)

I think the problem with the Z06 haters is that:

One- They never saw one. And its stunning in real life. The little details make it look tottaly(not really, but you know what Im talking about) different from the C5 which I do not like.

Two- They never heard one. That V8 makes a great unique sound. I dont know if thats true with stock pipes but the few that I heard gave me mega goose bumps.

Three- They are just haters, who do not have the balls to admit that an American vehicle can be as good/or can perform as well Pork or a Red Head. My heart would be with the Porsche or the Ferrari, but a good sports car is a good sports car and the Vette is one and it should get the respect it deserves.