PDA

View Full Version : Any info on the new NSX?

jinmin803
09-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone had updated info on the upcomming Honda/Acura NSX. The spy pics on the net have not been consistant, and no real substancial information has been heard so far... I know the car is in dire need of a replacement with it's aging body style and so on. Any infos on this matter?

cho_888
09-02-2003, 06:33 AM
i havnt seen any spy pics, post them up here. Yeah i dont know if they will boost the power or, build it from carbon fiber but it is in need of a replacement. My cusin has had three. The first one he got sick of the color, he crash teh next one and he yellow one is still in one piece. He has also had 2 S2000's. He loves the honda's ( i dont know why he dosnt buy a ferrari) but he's happy with that. Knowing honda the new one will be up to scratch.

stracing
09-02-2003, 06:38 AM
all i heard it will have a force induction system :?

tkach
09-02-2003, 07:11 AM
i dont know if i could take seeing yet another nsx. the body style never really changes much. and the car is kinda a shame more of an exsuse to stay in formula 1 because of their engine technolgy being used on a road car. at that nsx have always had problems it was till 94 when they fixed its steering geometry. i highly dobut a forced air induction system course i could be wrong lets hope so. but honda motors are aluminum hence forth week like mine witch snapped its crank and shot that threw my block. hence forth my hateraid for honda. dont get me wrong the nsx looks nice but i dont see many nor do i think its really the "supercar" that honda makes it out to be look at its specs then look at the s2000 nsx 6 clyinder 280bhp 220lds torque s2000 4 banger 240bhp 153lds torque. hopefully they can better their displacment to power ratio of the s2000 with the new nsx with natural aspiration.

cho_888
09-02-2003, 07:23 AM
The new NSX must be new from top to botto. Not a face lift. If not the car is going no where. i shape has been renewed to death anymore and it will look the same as the first one. They need more power, least a V8 or 10 (that way it will sound more like a super car) light and look newer

stracing
09-02-2003, 07:43 AM
no they releasing one more.

from motor magazine in short:

honda suggests a 3.5L V6 turbocharged is being developed. a limited number with as much as 300kw, could be released in japan as early as next year. it is aimed at porsche turbo. 0-100 in 5s with top speed 300 k's

aawil
09-02-2003, 03:06 PM
I just recently heard they were trying to get suggestions from current owners as far as what they would like to see in the next nsx. That doesn't look good if your expecting it right away. Don't hold me to it but that's what i heard. :)

jinmin803
09-02-2003, 05:05 PM
the reason why i brought this up is because i think the NSX is one of the most everyday friendly supercar-wanna-be, or at least wanna-look-like on the market right now. my friend had one in college(yeah, he was a rich bastard) and it was his only car, until he replaced it with a 4-door when he got married, and he seemed to have a jolly good fun in it. just hoping that the new one would still have the same spirit.

about the apy pics, i never saved it onto my hard drive, so i can't post it up here, nor do i know where i can find it... but the pics looked stunning, but the current honda lineup seems to be going in a different direction in design than the pic that i saw....