PDA

View Full Version : if you cant pronounce it, you shouldnt be able to buy it!!

IgotWRXed
07-16-2004, 02:52 PM
was watching mtv's car version of cribs and each person it seemed either owned/ or were looking at the gallardo.

anyway, all of them, even the car dealers!!! called it

the GUH-LAR-DO. AAAAHHH!!!! sounded sooooo ugly!

now i know how foreign people feel when we americans butcher their words!!

ga-jhardo is a beautiful spanish word everytime they kept saying it, it made me more and more mad.

:mad:

saadie
07-17-2004, 12:41 AM
haha .... ya look pritty bored ... :P :wink:

X-ale
07-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Gull...lard..doh hehehe... actually in spanish we'd pronouce it "GA-HIAR-DO" :arrow: double "L"s are said like a "J" but sounds more like a "H", go figure where that comes from. Prolly from some 'ol gay priest without teeths or something. :wink:

DjPtsatsot
07-17-2004, 05:41 AM
I always pronounced it "LL" as the "iya" sound like in. But a Italian friend of mine who knows a good amount of cars and and is authentic pronounced this ugly ugly way... so I stuck between two words and didnt know what to do... now that I hear this is a spainish word ill stick w/ the plaing simple and flowing "goyardo"

X-ale
07-17-2004, 05:46 AM
It's more like this: gahïardo . Not Go-Yard-Doo, twit! :wink:

DjPtsatsot
07-17-2004, 06:02 AM
soorry my b, that should have been "gayardo" but still... guess that isnt right either :(

X-ale
07-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Only dhe deedhless can answer do dadh

oscargarza88
07-17-2004, 12:36 PM
i call it galardo as it is writen i dont know if its wrong but i dont care...
noo now u made me think! and the more i try to say it right the less it makes sence!! dam it feels like im just sayin some made up word, say it out loud a couple of times so u know what i feel! haha

No.1
07-17-2004, 01:28 PM
It is pronounced Ga-y-ardo

With the Murcielago it is Mur-thee-a-lago 8)

I went to the Lambo dealership a year ago and this is what all of the sales staff said it like.

Reading the articles in car magazines also helps... the preview/review always gives the correct pronounciation of these names :D

IgotWRXed
07-19-2004, 12:54 AM
It is pronounced Ga-y-ardo

With the Murcielago it is Mur-thee-a-lago 8)

yep. what he said :)

Ga-yar-do

IgotWRXed
07-19-2004, 12:54 AM
haha .... ya look pritty bored ... :P :wink:

haha im not bored....just.....um.....passionate!

:lol: