PDA

View Full Version : My Z3 for alittle bit

blah
07-14-2004, 11:08 PM
My brother recently purschased a Z3 here in california, but he lives in New York currently, he will be moving here soon. But its mine to take care of until he returns sometime in september, or august. Also funny thing, i had been babying the car for a week, limiting myself to only 50 miles or so, i actually ended up with 40 or so. he comes in for the weekend, and in one day put on over 200 miles.

http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost/data/2/5223-med.jpg
I think thats a classy pic
http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost/data/2/5222-med.jpg
Another B+W
http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost/data/2/5221-med.jpg
a top view of the interior
http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost/data/2/5224-med.jpg
a pic of the ass o yea.

Im currently waitin for the registration tags to come in, and i will take some more scenery style pics. I hope you all will enjoy those.

cho_888
07-14-2004, 11:13 PM
nice car mate, you have a very trust worthy brother. I wouldnt be caught giving my Z3 to my brother

Tomerville
07-14-2004, 11:18 PM
nice car, which engine size?

blah
07-14-2004, 11:24 PM
its the 2.5, its good though, i think im to inexperienced at stick for a 3.0 to much torque for a begginer stick driver. But ive mastered stick basically. i live on a big ass inclined hill so i learned when i come up that hill. You better learn out here or you will be in a rollback accident.

blah
07-14-2004, 11:59 PM
the incline on my hill is like 30 degress or something. i got so pissed once because i have a routine i make enough energy so when i hit my slanted inclined driveway, i can just keep alittle eqaul gas and clutch and get into the garage where i just put the car into nuetral. But one night this ass in a damn dakota messed it all up for me, he slowed down when i was waiting for him to turn and i was not to good with stick yet, so i knew i wasnt doing right by my clutch, i could smell the tell tell signs of the burnt clutch. but it wasnt to bad, I have a friend who had a WRX after one of his 5K drops i know what a badly burnt clutch smells like. Whats the average amount of time it takes you guys to leave a stop? it takes me about 3-5 seconds is that good? I know some guys can do it as soon as the light turns green.

Xploded
07-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Nice car there, bet your more then happy to look after that while he is away he he :D :D :D

blah
07-15-2004, 12:44 AM
8) Its weird because when i drive the honda now i use my left foot in instinct. I feel like a trained monkey.

gottacatchup
07-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Sweet another Z3 owner, that graphit/grey wood looks awsome, congrats on getting to drive a wonderful car.

rachaderua
07-15-2004, 01:32 AM
yeah good car dude....and i also woudn´t let my car with my brother...heheauae because i don´t have brothers!! hehahueaea :D

T-Bird
07-15-2004, 02:25 AM
Sweet another Z3 owner, that graphit/grey wood looks awsome, congrats on getting to drive a wonderful car.

That was a Black and White photo dude if you look 2 pics below that one you can see it is normal colored wood.

BTW it is a nice car I was obssesed with that car for the longest time after seeing it in Goldeneye.

blah
07-15-2004, 02:37 AM
i like this interior over the aluminum finish.

I have video of me revving the engine to 4k RPMs, and letting off, you can hear the Gurgle of the exhaust note. i love that. Some times i drive down the street in 1st take it too about 5500 rpms, and let off just so i can hear the exhaust note.

cho_888
07-15-2004, 02:46 AM
lol, nice i tihnk you underestimate your driving blah, who says you couldnt handle a 3.0. You should show us that video! make a nice compliation for us

tifneedle208
07-15-2004, 03:05 AM
I've been driving stick since I got my first car. Its to the point where its not even something I think about, I just do. Its like breathing.

Eventually you wil lget that used to it, and once you do you will love yourself for it.

blah
07-15-2004, 03:08 AM
lol, nice i tihnk you underestimate your driving blah, who says you couldnt handle a 3.0. You should show us that video! make a nice compliation for us

I dont know if i could hold myself back though. 225 horses in a 2800 lbs perfectly balanced vehicle? Im gonna be making some vids of the car soon. I cant figure out why i cant upload to the videos thing, hopefully TT can save me.

blinkmeat
07-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Nice idea about the vids, do you drive it hard? Can't wait to see

SFDMALEX
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Whats the average amount of time it takes you guys to leave a stop? it takes me about 3-5 seconds is that good? I know some guys can do it as soon as the light turns green.

Well that is kind of long. But you are still learning so thats ok. With manuals its all about experiance :wink: You just need to drive drive and drive and learn the box, see how things work etc.

Its should not take you 3 seconds to leave a stop. Just find the bite point of the Z3s clutch. I rember in my dads old LADA2108 the actual clutch engagment point was short with the rest of the travel just being ahhh "travel". Actually it depended on the clutch. Since it was changed a couple of times.

blah
07-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Nice idea about the vids, do you drive it hard? Can't wait to see

HELLL NO. I would kill myself if i wreck this baby. the craziest thing i ever did was play with a 911 on the highway. my brother drives this thing hard though, and i just baby it.

If you want to see the vids i can send you the low quality version through aim as long as you have a high speed connection. the High quality version is really good. I watched it on my mothers tv and it looked good. I almost forgot boys and girls. Friday im suppose to be going to a Indian guys house who has a 911 GT2, a Turbo, a NSX and some other toys. I will be there with my Camcorder and camera.

cooperluke
07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
first learned how to drive a stick...i rolled backwards down a hill.

Sorry to laugh.. but tipical American thing....

I never did such a thing, not even when I was taking my driving license.

I think if you learn to drive with auto gears.. (blhaaarg), when you drive a manual, you're in big trouble!

I LOVE EUROPE!!!!

:)

Once I drove a Mercedes C250 turbodiesel (150hp) with auto gearbox and the car went terribly bad... it seemed as if the clutch was skidding everytime it changed gear!!!!

blah
07-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Typical american thing? you know what a pistol grip shifter is? or a hurtst shifter? Lets see you play with that and say typical american thing.

fabro_s
07-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Nice car dude, the interioir is very good!

blah
07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
looks like i wont be able to drive the car again thanks to the DMV. GO DMV! I called up there ttwice, and got two different answers to the same question. I asked when will the registration stickers be mailed. Answer 1. There is lost paperwork, and the Dealer is settling it. Answer 2. When we recieve the money, i wanted to just say BITCH, the taxes on the car were paid over a month ago! ARGHH! Stupid bitches. This is the 2nd fuckover from them. the first is when the lost my damn license, i had to go back up to the DMV and drive around with a expired temporary license. Dumb bitches i swear. They all deserve to rot in the deepest darkset regions of Richard simmons ass.