..it's american :(

fedezyl
09-01-2003, 03:03 PM
..it's american

Couldn't agree more...

SL55 AMG
09-01-2003, 03:18 PM
lol yes it is american.....

but if its a Lingenfelter......WOW doesnt look like one though.

check out the motortrend with the lingenfelter C5 vs the F/A 18 Hornet
if im not mistaken it did a 2.9 0-60 time

heath
09-01-2003, 05:36 PM
yeh looks ok I guess....doesn't have class tho...but hey for something american it looks ok...

crazidude
09-01-2003, 05:56 PM
yeh looks ok I guess....doesn't have class tho...but hey for something american it looks ok...
True it doesn't have class, but being a Corvette it has loads of respect and beloved followers.

Homans
09-01-2003, 06:31 PM
I dunno...i think even though they're pretty simple, that fact alone gives the Corvettes class. I mean, they know that they're fast...they dont need to prove anything with a huge pricetag or flashy accessories. Not to mention that there isnt anything i wouldnt do to get that car....*drools*

blah
09-01-2003, 07:49 PM
lol yes it is american.....

but if its a Lingenfelter......WOW doesnt look like one though.

check out the motortrend with the lingenfelter C5 vs the F/A 18 Hornet
if im not mistaken it did a 2.9 0-60 time

I believe the Corvette holds the title as the fastest Street Legal Car, Take that Euro Trash! Sledgehammer baby. The One that was againest the hornet is the slower of the work Lingenfilter does i believe. I think he does a z06 that runs it in 1.63, and the 1/4 in 8.95 only .05 of a second slower than the Titan Supra! :shock: :shock: :shock:

DR.GONZO
09-01-2003, 08:11 PM

yup, so that means It would smoke your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah
09-01-2003, 08:40 PM
You guys wanna laugh your asses off. You can buy a Z06 for $56,773.00 plus handling and what ever, have lingenfilter make it ownage, for about $167,000.00 total thats with the car. And it will run faster than a Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Rocye or anything else. And you will still have enough money left over to buy a prostitute!

SFDMALEX
09-01-2003, 09:56 PM
You guys wanna laugh your asses off. You can buy a Z06 for $56,773.00 plus handling and what ever, have lingenfilter make it ownage, for about $167,000.00 total thats with the car. And it will run faster than a Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Rocye or anything else. And you will still have enough money left over to buy a prostitute!

Exactly where is it faster? You'll have to spend another 50 000$ to make it fast enough to run with the current ferrari's and lambos. Excuse me, did you say Bentley and Roll's Royce? Where did you come from? Since when Bentley and Rolls Roce became sports cars???

Exactly faster then which ferrari will it run? Please the 2003 vette probably wont stand a chance against a 355 around the track. And thats what? An 8year old car?

Lates take the stradale. Top speed 298KMH Vette 275, weight stradale 2602lbs Vette 3110lbs. Power stradale 425 vette 405. Please the Stradale wips the GT3 and you saying that vette will kill a ferrari or a lambo? Maybe a ferrari 308 or a countach, but please, you want me to go that far?

DR.GONZO
09-01-2003, 10:19 PM
that tt vette will smoke a lambo,ferrari whatever But It can lose, that's one bad bitch.............

SFDMALEX
09-01-2003, 10:29 PM
that tt vette will smoke a lambo,ferrari whatever But It can lose, that's one bad bitch.............

First of all its modded. For fucks sake, a bloody school bus can beat a ferrari with appropriate mods.

Let me get out a modded ferrari. Lets take the Koening 550. All it got a is TT. Something like 790BHP.
http://www.koenig-specials.com/bilder/bilder600px/600px/maranello/9.jpg

I dont see that TT vette stand a chance. :lol:

stracing
09-01-2003, 10:33 PM
i couldn't agree more..its american piece of crap

of course it can beat a ferrari or lambo after its done up :roll:
just like the civic beating the viper...

actually bentley was meant to be a sporty rival to rolls royce. and they did start out as sports otherwise they wouldn't have entered le mans during the 1920s

what about the continetal gt...thats a luxury sport coupe...even tho the weight doesn't suggest it

SFDMALEX
09-01-2003, 10:55 PM

of course it can beat a ferrari or lambo after its done up :roll:
just like the civic beating the viper...

actually bentley was meant to be a sporty rival to rolls royce. and they did start out as sports otherwise they wouldn't have entered le mans during the 1920s

what about the continetal gt...thats a luxury sport coupe...even tho the weight doesn't suggest it

I know mate, but how can you compare something that is pure leather and weighs 2tons to a corvette lol.

blah
09-01-2003, 11:07 PM

Exactly where is it faster? You'll have to spend another 50 000$ to make it fast enough to run with the current ferrari's and lambos. Excuse me, did you say Bentley and Roll's Royce? Where did you come from? Since when Bentley and Rolls Roce became sports cars???

Exactly faster then which ferrari will it run? Please the 2003 vette probably wont stand a chance against a 355 around the track. And thats what? An 8year old car?

Lates take the stradale. Top speed 298KMH Vette 275, weight stradale 2602lbs Vette 3110lbs. Power stradale 425 vette 405. Please the Stradale wips the GT3 and you saying that vette will kill a ferrari or a lambo? Maybe a ferrari 308 or a countach, but please, you want me to go that far?

Did you watch Le Mans this year? Who won the race? Bentley won, for the first time in like what 5 years Corvette Lost Le Mans. So is Corvette a POS? Hell no, obviously it can take out ferraris and what not. And As i stated above its a modded z06 thats running the 8.95 not a Modded Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche. While your Ferrari cost 500Gs + Stock the Z06 that can runt he 8.95 only cost 167,000 Total. Ill take the z06 thank you.

SFDMALEX
09-01-2003, 11:34 PM

Did you watch Le Mans this year? Who won the race? Bentley won, for the first time in like what 5 years Corvette Lost Le Mans. So is Corvette a POS? Hell no, obviously it can take out ferraris and what not. And As i stated above its a modded z06 thats running the 8.95 not a Modded Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche. While your Ferrari cost 500Gs + Stock the Z06 that can runt he 8.95 only cost 167,000 Total. Ill take the z06 thank you.

So now your going into Motorsports??? Well you should have said so in the beginnig. First of, Corvette never won Le Mans.

That Vette is factory supported. And it has been a while since ferrari did any GT racing that was factory supported. You would not want to see that happen. Why? Because the corvettes would back with NGT class cars :wink:

DR.GONZO
09-02-2003, 12:46 AM

............../´¯/)
............/¯../ /
.........../..../ /
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
.../'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
..\.................'.....
...'\'...\.......... _. hey man FUCK YOU I never said anthing about australia like saying there cars are crappy--what does australian cars have do they even make a car that aint japanese or gm holden I'm tired of hearing this shit LOCK THIS THREAD! Please

blah
09-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Yes this thread has gone from me posting pics of a TT vette to domestic vs all.

fedezyl
09-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Ill take the z06 thank you.
To you, whatever suit's your taste, it's still not up to the standards of the industry....

I'm tired of hearing this shit

Tired of hearing that american car's suck? to bad...unless they start making good car's you will still hear that...

As far as your FUCK YOU answer, that's very mature too...and a very good argument in a conversation...

It seems like you say corvette and all it's fans start loading up their flame throwers, truth is that it's been proven that most of the car's if not all in it's category are far superior in every respect, from handling, to engine, to build quality....
I respect you liking it, after all beauty is whatever you see thru your eyes, but don't tell me it's faster or better than a Ferrari or Lamborghini because i'll just laugh in your face saying how much of a fool you are...

And as far as tuning goes....it's funny how the factory relies on it's client's to make a real sport's car....it's like buying half a house and then you finish it up....very stupid, yes it's half the price, but then it's half done...

666fast
09-02-2003, 02:49 AM
Did you watch Le Mans this year? Who won the race? Bentley won

Bentley won because the VAG wanted them to win. The R8 is a much better car.

This comes from autoextremist.com, I agree whole heartedly.

The 24 Hour of Le Mans in recent years has become a huge marketing vehicle for manufacturers taking turns dominating the event for their strategic purposes, with little or no competition mustered to derail their plans. The most recent example of this was the Audi juggernaut of 2000-2002, when the unbeatable Audi R8s put down a feeble initial challenge from Mercedes-Benz and then basically romped to uncontested victories three years in a row. And for 2003, when the VW Group deemed it expedient to finally allow its Bentley marque to have its day - the Bentley team came roaring through for the win this past June, with no meaningful competition for the overall win in sight - except for the factory-assisted privateer Audi R8s that kept the Bentley team honest.

As much as I like Corvettes, they are not up to par with many of the worlds sportscars. They definately aren't in the same league as Ferrari.
Compared to some models, the Vette is just as fast, but not too most.

I'm kind of think the same as a few others here. I'm kind of tired of the American Car bashing. I respect everyones opinions but when your only reply to a thread is "american cars are fucking garbage" it gets a bit old.
Seriously, how many of you actually have any experience with american cars? I'm not talking about what Evo writes about, as good a magazine it is, they are very biased. It's very clear that they dislike american cars for no apparent reason.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. American cars are what they are because that is what americans want. What is so hard to understand about that? People here want big, comfortable cars. They don't want stiff suspensions, they don't want to feel every crack in the road. Even if it sacrifices handling. People here don't need small cars, our roads are big.

Everyone is using their opinion to judge a very large group of cars. Just because you don't like it, that does not mean it's garbage. I don't like Bentley's, are they garbage? Hardly
I like Corvettes, does that mean it's the best sportscar? No, not even close

I think the American car vs. everything else topic has been beaten to death. It's an endless debate.

And as far as tuning goes....it's funny how the factory relies on it's client's to make a real sport's car....it's like buying half a house and then you finish it up....very stupid, yes it's half the price, but then it's half done...

They do this because it's what the american people want and they know it. People here have been hot rodding cars for 50 years here. Many people here would rather build their own car, instead of having everything that can be possibly done for them. There is a whole generation of people that grew up in the hot rod era, and guess what generation is buying Corvettes.

I don't know about a 2003 Vette, but I'm willing to bet that a Z06 will hang with it. I really don't know if it'll beat one though. But it wouldn't be that far off.

If there is anything we have here that's better than what everyone else gets, it's insurance. So, umm, take that! :lol:

novass
09-02-2003, 03:49 AM
well said 666!

I too am getting tired of this debate. If all cars were made the same it would be a bit boring. Precisely why ice cream comes in so many flavors.

Hell, if I could afford a Ferrari I would have one, who wouldnt?. I dont think ive ever heard someone say that a Ferrari is a POS. Its kind of understood that its a "nice" car. If its fair to compare a $150,000 exclusive car to a $50,000 accesible car, then screw it all, ill just go get a F1 car. No better yet ill just go get a jet.

If you dont like it dont buy it. Just cause I see some guy driving a Civic with a wing, etc., that I think is the biggest POS in the world, doesnt mean im gonna get upset about it. I dont have to drive it nor do I have to sit in it so what do I care? I dont. Its his choice.

Then there is the straight line vs. around a turn. Why doesnt beating a car in a straight line merit the same credability as taking a turn faster. (im not referring to any car comparison in this thread, just the principle, so dont give me any stats) Sure the car can turn faster, but if it loses in a straight line, its still slower right? So I would think it balances out.

Personally, ive been fortunate enough to have been behind the wheel of both a C5 and a 360. I enjoyed both, they were both fun. Its not always about numbers, people always quoting numbers and use numbers as the basis for a car's performance, dont know the meaning of performance. You dont need that extra 2 tenths of a second on your 0-60 going to the grocery store, even if you could get it. These tests are the result of a professional driver doing it over and over until he gets it. Im not saying anyone is a bad driver, im just saying that its not a given youll hit the quoted 0-60 and all the other numbers constantly and consistently. Possibly never considering your climate, elevation, etc.

If you like it, drive it, if you dont, go and get something else. Its that simple.

EDIT: this is completely off topic, but I heard it the other day and this kind of got me thinking about it again.

to quote comedian George Carlin, "We (Americans) cant build as good of a VCR or TV as you (Japanese), but we can bomb the shit out of your country!"

im not saying anything about war or anyone versus anyone, just meant as a joke so dont take it wrong and get all pissy. just a little car debate. i typed all the above with a smile on my face, so no one take it personal :D (the last bit probably wasnt necesary here, on Racing Flix, probably, but I think we are all a little better then that, yes?)

DR.GONZO
09-02-2003, 04:11 AM
[quote]Ill take the z06 thank you.
To you, whatever suit's your taste, it's still not up to the standards of the industry....

I'm tired of hearing this shit

As far as your FUCK YOU answer, that's very mature too...and a very good argument in a conversation...

I respect you liking it, after all beauty is whatever you see thru your eyes, but don't tell me it's faster or better than a Ferrari or Lamborghini because i'll just laugh in your face saying how much of a fool you are...

quote]

Ok, I don't like certain american car's I don't like certain euro's But just to say all american car's are crap............... You could just say I'm not really a domestic fan And don't really like them! OK saying they are shit pisses me off most lilky coming from a 14 yr old postwhore, He just posted nice pics of a modded car that can smoke supercars!!!!!!! Oh of course I would take a lambo or ferrari over that car who wouldn't Even though that vette would probrobly be faster than both of those cars I have vid's of certain cars and know people beating supercars in their modded american cars, I appreciate any car that is BAD ASS any car but I guess some people here............. Don't care and straight up Hate on the American car, maybee it's cause they can't afford one or never seen one, or they hate american's, or ????? I Dunno But me coming as a car enthiusiat(mispelled) appreciate any car that is able to hang with faster cars and look good examlple That cheese frog with the civic that hung with the viper I don't like honda's But his was nice(certain one's I like) I would like too own that ride!!!!!!!! Honda nsx nice You know I appreciate anything With power!!!!! No matter what it is, that's a real car fan, I just hope it has look's as well!!!!!!! If not that's the consumers choice, I don't really like people flaming on car's cause they are from a certain country unless they did something really GAY to it like that pic of the lambo with a fairy paintjob or DUMB fast and furious cars with dvd players under the hood and usless gauges and non functional part's That's GAY!!! Any car's that do that for show, It's called a car show too show off a nice car, not a 65,000 dolar car that you never drove!!!! Chezzyyy I am no longer going to get in too this Sorry But That anger's me!!

stracing
09-02-2003, 06:02 AM

............../´¯/)
............/¯../ /
.........../..../ /
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
.../'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
.('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
..\.................'.....
...'\'...\.......... _. hey man FUCK YOU I never said anthing about australia like saying there cars are crappy--what does australian cars have do they even make a car that aint japanese or gm holden I'm tired of hearing this shit LOCK THIS THREAD! Please

you can just keep on giving me the finger or fuck you...it won't affect me. i'll just keep on saying american cars are a piece of shit!!!!
go and bag australian cars i don't give a shit about them. i just can't imagne myself in a holden or ford

tkach
09-02-2003, 07:26 AM
first off dont fuck with america. i love it and defend it. and we have crushed small countrys for less. now the the modded cars thing. personaly id rather take the vett why cause in the los angelos area everybody who drives a Ferrari is often no more then a pole smoking dong. and id rather not be seen as one. the vette is more suttle. then you must take into account how often are you going to take this car to a track. if it is just a fast daily driver to take to the drag strip once in a while or smoke some ricer take the vette not as flashly. but given most american cars are crappy. such as anything done by ford cept gt40

fedezyl
09-02-2003, 10:58 AM
first off dont fuck with america. i love it and defend it. and we have crushed small countrys for less

Redneck...

666fast
09-02-2003, 01:46 PM
first off dont fuck with america. i love it and defend it. and we have crushed small countrys for less

Redneck...

LOL! Seriosuly Tkach, that was a very dumb statement!

Oh no, you made fun of my car, I will crush you! :lol:

SFDMALEX
09-02-2003, 02:30 PM
No "I hate American Cars" issue is back.

Let me try again.

American Sports Cars- There arent many of them, but the Z06 the Viper, are awesome cars. They got good built quality, they look good, but I never seen any that isnt modded in some way. Thats what put's me off. If I saw a stock Z06 go up against a stock 360, and I would see the Z06 win, then Ill give the Z06 the credit it deserves. But modded VS. stock will never change my opinion. All I can say is that American car magazines overate the Vette's and the Vipers. If they said "These are great sports cars", they I would not say a word. But when I see a magazine cover that says "The Vette a Ferrari Killer.......blah blah blah", that pisses me off, since its not true.

666Fast is right about the Hot Rod people. In America they've been Hot Roding all their life, it's in their blood, so I understand that on an American level, but when you make a car that you want to compete with other car's around the world, you need to make a good stock car. You cant call up EVO and tell them that you got a modded Vette that you want to put up against a stock ferrari.

American Domestic Cars- The reason why I dont like them is simple. I dont like their styling, they build quality is generaly cheap, but hey, the price is low. So it kind of pay's off. But I'd like to see an American manufacturer build a car at a Euro level, with good styling, build quality and price. But they dont build cars like that.

SFDMALEX
09-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Then there is the straight line vs. around a turn. Why doesnt beating a car in a straight line merit the same credability as taking a turn faster. (im not referring to any car comparison in this thread, just the principle, so dont give me any stats) Sure the car can turn faster, but if it loses in a straight line, its still slower right? So I would think it balances out.

Nope. You rember when clarkson put a 911carrera VS some Honda Super Bike??? That was a great comparison between starght line speed and the ablility to brake well and take turns well. The 911 won.

666fast
09-02-2003, 02:54 PM
American Sports Cars- There arent many of them, but the Z06 the Viper, are awesome cars. They got good built quality, they look good, but I never seen any that isnt modded in some way. Thats what put's me off. If I saw a stock Z06 go up against a stock 360, and I would see the Z06 win, then Ill give the Z06 the credit it deserves. But modded VS. stock will never change my opinion. All I can say is that American car magazines overate the Vette's and the Vipers. If they said "These are great sports cars", they I would not say a word. But when I see a magazine cover that says "The Vette a Ferrari Killer.......blah blah blah", that pisses me off, since its not true.

Yea, modded vs. stock is a very dumb comparison. I too would like to see a stock Z06 vs. a stock 360. I really don't know what the outcome would be. They are both fast cars.
If GM were willing to do so, I'm sure they could easily build and sell a Corvette that would be faster than a Ferrari 360. But I don't see that happening. As the Vette sits right now, they sell a lot of them. They won't change that formula.
I want to see a decent road test of the Ford GT (new GT40). I wonder how that will compare to a 360 or even a 550.

SFDMALEX
09-02-2003, 03:07 PM

Yea, modded vs. stock is a very dumb comparison. I too would like to see a stock Z06 vs. a stock 360. I really don't know what the outcome would be. They are both fast cars.
If GM were willing to do so, I'm sure they could easily build and sell a Corvette that would be faster than a Ferrari 360. But I don't see that happening. As the Vette sits right now, they sell a lot of them. They won't change that formula.
I want to see a decent road test of the Ford GT (new GT40). I wonder how that will compare to a 360 or even a 550.

Z06 Vs. 360, I dont know, they would be pretty darn close. I'd like to see the stig drive it at the Top Gear track, just for reference.

Ford GT Vs. 550 would be great to see, but no magazine has put up a good article on the GT yet......I hope EVo can get their hands on it.

DR.GONZO
09-02-2003, 03:48 PM

Z06 Vs. 360, I dont know, they would be pretty darn close. I'd like to see the stig drive it at the Top Gear track, just for reference.

that would be very nice, whoever wins very well said.

blah
09-02-2003, 05:31 PM
I dont understand how you would rather take a quarter million dollar italian car over a heavily moddible Vette. I guess im just a dumb dirty American Muscle man. I also like how the z06 gets good gas mileage. Rumor has it the new C6 Class of z06 will have over 500 horses and close to 500 lbs of torque. With alot of new advances. This will definatly make the european community change their designs. Not to mention that the new Ford GT is coming out, how you can call a car that is inspired by a car that won what 6, or 4 Le Mans Championships i dont know.

SFDMALEX
09-02-2003, 05:45 PM
I dont understand how you would rather take a quarter million dollar italian car over a heavily moddible Vette. I guess im just a dumb dirty American Muscle man. I also like how the z06 gets good gas mileage. Rumor has it the new C6 Class of z06 will have over 500 horses and close to 500 lbs of torque. With alot of new advances. This will definatly make the european community change their designs. Not to mention that the new Ford GT is coming out, how you can call a car that is inspired by a car that won what 6, or 4 Le Mans Championships i dont know.

Looks like you just have a very different taste, because I think the complete opposite.

blah
09-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Yet we both agree that rice needs to go. People who take 17 thousand dollar cars, and add 30 grand into them to make them the speed of a Mustang GT and add fart cans deserve to die. Also Supra people your not far off my list too. Your car is not great until you invest upwards to 30 Grand just for the BPU +++

TT
09-02-2003, 06:48 PM

Looks like you just have a very different taste, because I think the complete opposite.

Ditto.. I don't understand ppl with money buying an average car like a Vette and modify the hell out of it :-/ dumb IMO.. since a quarter million dollar italian car is one of the finest things money can buy, while a Vette is really nothing special.. but well.. I'm European...

TT
09-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Yet we both agree that rice needs to go. People who take 17 thousand dollar cars, and add 30 grand into them to make them the speed of a Mustang GT and add fart cans deserve to die. Also Supra people your not far off my list too. Your car is not great until you invest upwards to 30 Grand just for the BPU +++

Uhm.. why you criticise tuned Supra while you just posted tuned Vettes are amazing? It's not that different.. and if it is, well, the Supra is better in stock form.. at least you can do around a twisty road with it...

gis
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM

so your saying a supra is only fast when at the BPU++ stage.i highly doubt that.a simple BPU supra would take a stock vette no problem,around a track,a BPU supra would take that aswell.out of both,i would rather look at a supra than a vette.

blah
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Cuz i dont like rice. And the Vette can keep up with a supra stock. Besides all the money put into the supra only makes it a little faster than a stock Z06.

TT
09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Cuz i dont like rice. And the Vette can keep up with a supra stock. Besides all the money put into the supra only makes it a little faster than a stock Z06.

I don't see why you're so single minded... "only a little faster"? A Vette stands no change on real world roads, againt a stoco Supra... and a modded one would beat the ass of a Vette.. while spending lot of money on a Vette, you just obtain a drag strip monster... completely useless outside an highway...

SFDMALEX
09-02-2003, 07:09 PM
For your record blah, some supra's can do 1000BHP, modded.

gis
09-02-2003, 07:11 PM

what has rice got to do with it.i dont see anythin on a supra thats rice.

stock for stock the vette is going to be faster due to more power.spend a little money on a mkiv for eg,filter,exhaust,boost controller,that wud simply take a stock vette.the supra is an all round better car IMO.maybe thats coz i want one so badly.but u get a vette to go aroound a track against a supra,stock vs stock,or even modded vs modded,a supra will win hands down.the vette is all brute power and thats it.not slow by any means.but IMO a 6 speed BPU supra will take the vette no problem,highway or track

blah
09-02-2003, 07:14 PM
A Corvette is a great handling car. the 2004 Z06 does a Slalom speed of 70.3 MPH Stock So how will it loose around a track?

TT
09-02-2003, 07:21 PM
blah... I can understand you love the Vette so much, but it's the first time I see the terms Vette and handling together... Caterhams+handling= OK, Peugeot 306+handling=OK, BMW M3+handling=ok... Vette+handling=WTF?!?!?

gis
09-02-2003, 07:24 PM
wow,it can weave in and out of cones quick,that dont mean crap really,get it on a track,for example Tsukuba.i doubt that a vette would beat a supra round there,also at nurburgring,not a chance.maybe the 2004 will be better around a track against a supra,its taken them 5-6 years to do it though since the supra stopped production

fedezyl
09-02-2003, 07:24 PM
ohh yeah all those numbers from those azmazing american car magazines
I don't beleive a single word from Car and Driver and any other american car mag...
The corvette is not a bad car....compared to a yugo....it seems like as always they use brute force to make a car go fast instead of using their minds...

blah
09-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Ok you took it to far comparing a vette to a yugo. Thats just ridiculous.

666fast
09-02-2003, 07:58 PM
blah... I can understand you love the Vette so much, but it's the first time I see the terms Vette and handling together... Caterhams+handling= OK, Peugeot 306+handling=OK, BMW M3+handling=ok... Vette+handling=WTF?!?!?

Corvette's handle just fine. If you compare numbers, the Z06 handles better than an M3.

A Vette is a good car compared to a yugo! Seriously, you couldn't think of something better than that? If it was as bad as a Yugo, they sure as hell wouldn't be selling them in the numbers that they are.

A quick poll, how many of you that hate the Corvette and say it has bad handling have acutally driven one?
Nobody answered my last question on how many of you actually have experience with an american car.

blah
09-02-2003, 08:02 PM
I have experience with american. Who here thinks the Cadillac CTS is a bad car. And im still pissed you said its good compared to a yugo. I hope you get owned by a z06 one day at a track.

SFDMALEX
09-02-2003, 08:06 PM
I'd like to add the the Vette Vs. Supra, but I dont know. Stock Z06 Vs. a Supra.... :? I'd have to say the vette will take it.

gis
09-02-2003, 08:17 PM
straight line,yes no doubt.but from what people have said b4,the vette doesnt handle well around a track,IMO the supra would have it around a track

blah
09-02-2003, 08:24 PM
How can you say the Vette doesnt handle well around a track. If anything the supra, and Z06 handle equally around the track.

666fast
09-02-2003, 08:55 PM
straight line,yes no doubt.but from what people have said b4,the vette doesnt handle well around a track,IMO the supra would have it around a track

Your opinion is biased, Supra Lover! LOL! just kidding
I don't know, I think a Vette might have a better chance around a track. I bet it'd be a good race though.

stracing
09-02-2003, 11:17 PM
if you want me the get owned by the poorvette then tell gm to sell the junk somewhere else becoz it will be a long while before i even decide to goto america.

i have seen the viper and corvette, they have been racing here a few times and they can't compete. and they are in stock form. i've seen them up close and the build quality is shocking. i haven't driven one but at least i've seen their abilities compared to european exotics.

fedezyl
09-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Hey I love yugo's! I wan't to mod one, I heard they are good for 1400 BHP....

I drove a corvette once, not the Z06, but the C5 I guess?? it was auto box though...
As said by stracing, the most shocking thing about it was the build quality and overall impression of the interior, to many things you see in other cheaper car's from the brand...that's what I don't like specially, and it's not like BMW where you may find other parts from cheaper 3 series, but the thing is those are good part's to begin with...
As far as the handling goes, it was ok, I've liked the handling of a 306 GTI (wich i've driven hard) than the one from the corvette, it seemed a bit cumbersome and not so nimble for a sports car, but again this is impression, i'm sure it corner's fast, after all it's suposed to be a sport's car, but again i've gotten better impression's from a 167 BHP GTI...
I'm sorry for the post about the yugo, certainly my sense of humour is not for everyone's taste but oh well, you can't please everybody..

666fast
09-03-2003, 01:15 AM
if you want me the get owned by the poorvette then tell gm to sell the junk somewhere else becoz it will be a long while before i even decide to goto america.

i have seen the viper and corvette, they have been racing here a few times and they can't compete. and they are in stock form. i've seen them up close and the build quality is shocking. i haven't driven one but at least i've seen their abilities compared to european exotics.

Sell the junk somewhere else because it'll be a long time before you come to america? That doesn't even make sense. So, you'll come to America if GM stops selling the Vette in Australia? I'm not understanding the point you were trying to make.
poorvette, good one

So you have seen a Vette, wow, that makes you an expert on it's handling?
I'll admit, the interior is pretty shabby for a $50,000 car.

In what race did you see them perform against European exotics? If it's a local track day or something I'm gonna laugh at you. The single biggest factor is the driver in that situation.
Even a pro drivers abilities could hinder the true potential of the Corvette aaginst european cars. Not to mention the teams budget.

What do you have against the Corvette other than you don't like it? it's not junk, a Lada is junk. It's not slow, a Geo anything is slow. It doesn't handle like crap, a Yugo handles like crap.
Go and drive one if you can, but I'm sure no matter what you actually felt about driving it, you would still come here and say it was crap.

666fast
09-03-2003, 01:18 AM
fedezyl, if you only drove the Vette around town and didn't even come close to pushing it to it's limits, of course it's gonna be a ho-hum drive.
Driving a yugo hard will be more fun that just cruising in a Vette.

stracing
09-03-2003, 02:32 AM
someone said he hoped we get owned by a corvette. the only way thats gonna happen is if i goto america, which won't happen for a long time. australia doesn't sell corvettes. ppl bring them over to race and thats it. thers only one road legal sample and he paid about 20k for the conversion etc.

didn't i mention i saw them in a production car race?

as in the only mods they have are slicks and safety features added and yes they were driven by professionals. they also do this several times a year. at the end of each race they get a trophy with hot chics in both arms. you know, that type of racing. also i didn't say i was a handling expert but i did say they couldn't beat the european cars that race here. they have the power to match, no doubt. same tyres as well. so the obvious was either the driver is slow as i am or the car just couldn't handle it. why do you think they don't race here anymore becoz its not worth their time.

ok i'm sorry on it being a junk...just got a bit hyped up

novass
09-03-2003, 02:34 AM
I am simply amazed at how much hatred one can display towards a car. Is it really worth getting that worked up about it? I can understand not liking it, but this is taking it to a new level. When I dislike, or hate, rice, its not the car I am disliking its the person that fucked it up, but even then I dont take it that seriously.

I agree that the interior is cheap on the Vette, but its still fun as hell to drive. Not every car can be a Ferrari. Certain cars work for some people and certain cars dont, its a matter of opinion. Everyone knows the old saying about opinions, "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink." So whos to say whats "good" or not, drive what the fuck you want too. I can guarantee that there are people out there who dislike Ferraris, they are morons IMO, but nonetheless they still dislike them and its their choice, dont waste the effort getting upset about it. It is inevitable that there will be people whos tastes differ from your own.

All this talk about stock vs. stock and what not. Sure what I am about to say is more of an issue of semantics, but who would win if you stuck Schumi behind the wheel of the stock Vette and a kid who just got his license behind the wheel of the Enzo. The Vette would most likely win because the kid would probably kill himself. Its certainly not a fair race, but the cars are still stock. Its all about the driver.

DR.GONZO
09-03-2003, 03:20 AM
I am simply amazed at how much hatred one can display towards a car. Is it really worth getting that worked up about it? I can understand not liking it, but this is taking it to a new level. When I dislike, or hate, rice, its not the car I am disliking its the person that fucked it up, but even then I dont take it that seriously.

I agree that the interior is cheap on the Vette, but its still fun as hell to drive. Not every car can be a Ferrari. Certain cars work for some people and certain cars dont, its a matter of opinion. Everyone knows the old saying about opinions, "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink." So whos to say whats "good" or not, drive what the fuck you want too. I can guarantee that there are people out there who dislike Ferraris, they are morons IMO, but nonetheless they still dislike them and its their choice, dont waste the effort getting upset about it. It is inevitable that there will be people whos tastes differ from your own.

All this talk about stock vs. stock and what not. Sure what I am about to say is more of an issue of semantics, but who would win if you stuck Schumi behind the wheel of the stock Vette and a kid who just got his license behind the wheel of the Enzo. The Vette would most likely win because the kid would probably kill himself. Its certainly not a fair race, but the cars are still stock. Its all about the driver.

yea that stracer guy is just................................... Never mind I stated earlier you could simply say I don't like it it's not my style or blah blah blah but he straight up said a harse (kinda racial comment ) or a mean comment I showed a few bud's this and they all said the same shit he's just a lil kid if not he doesn't appreciate horsepower and look's!! I am not going too say anything bad but you know what's up novass.... :D I felt like :2gunfire: :snipersmile: but I realized he don't know shit so, but as said before it was really nice to see those cars compete in a track course just look at that vid of the lingen sc zo 6, that's what I'm talking about mbftb but of course I would take a standing horsie over that cause it's worth more, I Dunno different opinions for everybody someone could say ferrari sucks, I like the whatever car better than that!! Here is something faster though AMERICAN MUSCLE this is for streetracing and could be highway!!!!!!!! Plus that's a ugly biotch on his avatar!!

what's up 572 blown hemi biotch! And I'm not talking about a track car just a street car! Unless you drive your car just strictly on track so you never race on the street you catch a guy at the light naw Im not gonna run it, PUSSY then all car's race at a light or on highway!! YEAAAAA
[/img]

DR.GONZO
09-03-2003, 03:25 AM
oh here's that pic sof the hemi (messed up befor e) OOPS

http://www.docsperformancespecialties.com/photo%20pages/572Hemi.jpg

666fast
09-03-2003, 03:32 AM
ok i'm sorry on it being a junk...just got a bit hyped up

Hey man, you can call it junk, I really don't care! I'm just debating here. Don't take what I say to heart! Everyone has their opinions and their entitled to it. I'm just having a bit of fun here, argueing about things is quite fun, don't ya think? :lol: As long as it doesn't turn into a flame war, it's all good.

I didn't know that Australia didn't get Corvettes. I thought they were sold there. :o
You do get the Viper right? but at an insanely high price? just wondering.

I'm not trying to make you guys think that the Corvette is an awesome car. I think it's good, but it's definately not Ferrari territory.

As for the racing series you are talking about, sounds neat. If the Corvettes aren't there anymore, you are right, it's either they didn't want to run them anymore or they couldn't handle as well. Who knows?

Ignore Dr. Gonzo, he's only trying to piss you off.
If I pissed you off, sorry, it wasn't my intention.

Hey Nova, I know a guy who hates Ferrari's. But he thinks his 1985 VW Cabriolet is the shit, so,um, yea.

stracing
09-03-2003, 07:16 AM
yea i like to have a bit of argument. but to be straight i'm not racist. just because i don't have plans to goto america yet, doesn't mean i hate you guys. america provides most of my entertainment. it'll be like owning something from sony then saying i hate japs.

yea we get the old viper at about 250k AUD. we don't get the corvette but we get the same engine in a fat heavy car. the only american cars we get at this moment are the neon, viper and pt cruiser.

stracing
09-03-2003, 07:41 AM
good dr.gonzo i want you to show it to the whole world, at least there is proof there is one person that doesn't have the same tastes as you do and doesn't think corvette or other muscle cars are top of the world.

DR.GONZO
09-03-2003, 03:25 PM
alright whatever you think they are crap And I don't!! I don't care anymore Iliked the pics sorry for being a dick but it pissed me off, oh and just to say did anyone see that vid that was posted the scz06 that is a little example of how good the vette's are, good example!

I don't want any enemies nor want to be an enemy to anyone on this great site so how about we squash this! :microwave:

fedezyl
09-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah I really couldn't push it that much, piggies you know...but, got to floor it a couple of time's and the acceleration is nice, it's just i'd rather have thing's done differently in a sports car, and the interior too, but it's a matter of taste anyway's, I wasn't really that impressed because I was expecting a bit more, but it wasn't bad at all, still got my heart racing...

blah
09-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Did you drive the Z06 or the C5? And the C6 coming out is suppose to be god like! Also about the interior debate, the Viper has one of the worst interiors of any car, does that make it crappy... HELL NO! :D

fedezyl
09-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Na, it was an Auto box C5.....yeah, i've heard the viper's interior is a disaster, still like the looks of it more than the vette's..again a matter of taste...it just looks mean...

stracing
09-03-2003, 10:37 PM
the Viper has one of the worst interiors of any car, does that make it crappy... HELL NO! :D

if i was paying 250kaud i expect it to have bimmer quality. i wouldn't like ppl to say that their toyota camry was better built. the gaps between the panels are just ridiculous.

jumpman23
09-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Wow, I'm liking this debate....

draak666
09-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Wow, I'm liking this debate....
This debate has ended 20 days ago.

Jabba
09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
I think we have another spammer wanting to join the hall of shame....

SilverPhoenix
10-02-2003, 08:04 PM

First of all its modded. For fucks sake, a bloody school bus can beat a ferrari with appropriate mods.

Let me get out a modded ferrari. Lets take the Koening 550. All it got a is TT. Something like 790BHP.
http://www.koenig-specials.com/bilder/bilder600px/600px/maranello/9.jpg

I dont see that TT vette stand a chance. :lol:

I do since the 550 weighs like 400LBs more plus that vette has more power. And the Z06 actually does beat the stock 550 and 360, for a fraction of the cost, if you want to stick in lets say the enzo, GM will gladly make a street vs of its C5-R for 450k thats 200K less than the enzo hmm...

SilverPhoenix
10-02-2003, 08:06 PM

and ur a rodent...