PDA

View Full Version : Murcielago GTS makes it's debut NOW!

T-Bird
06-27-2004, 02:05 PM
the Lamborghini Murcielago GTS is starting it's first race today at Mid-Ohio right now against the likes of Corvette and Saleen but no Ferrari this weekend. It is starting right now.

T-Bird
06-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Any pics??? Does it really exist, a race-prepared Gallardo? I've never heard about it...

oops typo it's the Murcielago

666fast
06-27-2004, 02:44 PM
http://www.speedarena.com/images/home_page/big/lambo_06.jpg
http://www.speedarena.com/news/uploads/sportscar/002_024.jpg

I love that livery!
I wish it luck, sadly we aren't going to see a big showing from it today. It's still too new to expect it to take on the Corvettes. Hopefully with some time it'll give the Vettes and Saleens a run for their money.

It's been a decent race so far (45minutes). The Dyson P1 and the Champion R8 ae having their little battle. Surprisingly, the R8 pitted first.
I didn't know this untill they showed it, but the surface of Mid Ohio was really bumpy so they had it ground down. It leaves these grooves on the track that chew up tires. The pit crew will have their work cutout for them today.

T-Bird
06-27-2004, 03:55 PM
well it just finished in 4th in class.

SPEEDKILLAR
06-27-2004, 04:00 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and that for a newcomer

T-Bird
06-27-2004, 04:09 PM
well he was in third but the Saleen was not about to give up his position even without the front hood still there which messed up the whole front end dynamics.

PATo355
06-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Holy shit the paintjob is amazing !

666fast
06-27-2004, 08:43 PM

Yea, but 4th in class means dead last in class! LOL
Technically, the Viper got 5th, but it didn't even start the race.

The Saleen passed it in the last few minutes. The Murcie tried to catch up but just before the end of the race, the Saleen got by a GT Porsche and the Murcielago got stuck behind it for a second. Ultimately taking any chance of it catching back up away.

The race wan't all that exciting, especially if all you care about is the GTS class. It was a no brainer that the Vettes would win. And there were only 4 cars. :|

It's also no surprise that Champion and their R8 won. They did have a good battle with the Lola though.

The biggest surprise was Team Flying Lizard winning GT. Alex Job usually wins all the time, nice to see another team doing well. Even better, it was only their second race!

BTW, despite rule changes that restrict power, the Vettes beat the lap record qualifying time by two seconds.

graywolf624
06-27-2004, 08:52 PM
The car looks pretty good, but I have to think that awd is a bit overkill. Or did they convert it to rwd?

T-Bird
06-27-2004, 08:59 PM
it has to be RWD to compete

graywolf624
06-27-2004, 09:01 PM
it has to be RWD to compete

Didn't know that. That means we have a company thats never had a car really compete in racing(ignoring its audi parenting for the moment).. and running a car with a setup that they've never run or really produced before. I'd say they should be happy if the thing finnished the first run out and go from there.

T-Bird
06-27-2004, 09:02 PM

Yea, but 4th in class means dead last in class! LOL
Technically, the Viper got 5th, but it didn't even start the race.

The Saleen passed it in the last few minutes. The Murcie tried to catch up but just before the end of the race, the Saleen got by a GT Porsche and the Murcielago got stuck behind it for a second. Ultimately taking any chance of it catching back up away.

The race wan't all that exciting, especially if all you care about is the GTS class. It was a no brainer that the Vettes would win. And there were only 4 cars. :|

It's also no surprise that Champion and their R8 won. They did have a good battle with the Lola though.

The biggest surprise was Team Flying Lizard winning GT. Alex Job usually wins all the time, nice to see another team doing well. Even better, it was only their second race!

BTW, despite rule changes that restrict power, the Vettes beat the lap record qualifying time by two seconds.

Yeah it wasn't the biggest turnout but sadly most teams don't think that sprint races are worth their time. But the Lambo did keep up with the others so it isn't that baad who knows what can happen after 12-24 hours.

nurbrun
06-27-2004, 09:46 PM
That is like the nicest race car i have ever seen, i think the paint job actually suits the car, unlike other race cars when anything goes lol :mrgreen:

DeMoN
06-27-2004, 11:47 PM
dammit that car just cant look bad anyway... hopefully I dont se a pink picture of it on the net =o

antonioledesma
06-28-2004, 01:19 AM
It also appears in:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12745

T-Bird
06-28-2004, 01:25 AM
yes but it debuted in it's first official race today at Mid-Ohio in the ALMS that's what the topic was about the other topic was mostly qualifying pics.

raven1822
06-29-2004, 06:04 AM
The cars did look amazing and sounded even better. I took over 70 pics of the car at the race. I also have a bunch of the no. 6 car that was crashed.

Mark