PDA

View Full Version : The Bugatti Veyron 16·4

possessed_beaver
08-28-2003, 12:46 PM
some review i copied off the net, haha it was labled "the most exclusive car ever" and 400 of them are been made.. but yet only 100 mclaryn's where made, how does that make sence?

enjoy

It takes a lot to attract attention with a new car in Monterey, where a Ferrari on the street rarely warrants a second glance. But Bugatti was able to do just that with its new supercar.

At the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Course is lined with dozens of multi-million dollar collector cars, while over at Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca car owners throw caution to the wind and race wheel-to-wheel with irreplaceable cars on the challenging road course.

But Bugatti did make a splash, staging the official public debut of the Bugatti Veyron 16·4. Visitors to the Monterey Historic Automobile Races at Laguna Seca witnessed the Veyron 16.4 in motion for the first time when it completed several flying laps before leading the field of 40 historic Bugatti race cars to the green flag.

The challenge of attracting attention during this packed automotive weekend even caused me to wonder if the on-track spin entering the Andretti Hairpin on the first lap was actually staged to create more drama. But I suspect the test driver returned to face a number of stern Germans who were not please at having the car pitched off into the dirt.

As the Veyron exited turn eleven and the quad-turbos spooled up for the first blast down the straight, our photographer who was standing at the pit wall felt as if the air was being sucked out of him when the Veyron shot past.

Pebble Beach Concours
After the brief drive at Laguna Seca, the Veyron 16·4 then returned to the lawn in front of The Lodge at Pebble Beach to join the more than fifty Bugatti cars from the past that graced the field, including the Best of Show winner, Peter Williamson’s 1935 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic, one of only two in existence.

A worthy successor to the elegant and powerful Bugattis of the past, the Veyron 16·4 is powered by a 1001-horsepower W16 quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter engine with all-wheel drive. Bugatti claims this new super car will reach a speed of 252 mph. Acceleration is also impressive–the Veyron can reach 180 mph in just 14 seconds!

The elegant design pays tribute to original Bugatti designs and each car will be custom tailored to exactly the buyer’s specifications.

The Veyron is named in honor of Pierre Veyron, a legendary race driver from the 1930s who earned his reputation driving Bugattis.
The new Bugatti Veyron 16·4 is built by Volkswagen, which acquired the right to the name a number of years ago and the company appears to be committed to the elegance, performance, and exclusivity that characterized the Bugattis of the past.

The Veyron 16·4 is expected to sell for more than $1 million. Only a few dozen cars will be produced each year and total production will be limited to 300, guaranteeing the limited number and exclusivity of the original Bugattis.

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-B-240.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-and-Classics.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-B-006.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-B-245.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-B-253.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-B-263.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-B-266.jpg

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/photos/L_Veyron-Track1.jpg

post you're opinions...

draak666
08-28-2003, 12:54 PM
My mother doesn't like it, but I do. :D It definitely looks a lot better than the previous model. Even the two colour paint job doesn't bother me. I hope it drives well.

Wide
08-28-2003, 12:58 PM
This is not a car.. It must be named different.. I saw a picture of this car before... It was blue.. 1000 bhp.. Sorry 1001 bhp..:) 8 liter engine.. Is there any button for the wings inside?? lol.. Top speed 252 mph is awesome.. Acceleration is also impressive.. 180 mph in just 14 seconds!
Boadywork is perfect..
Tnx for the pics and the info..

draak666
08-28-2003, 01:01 PM
The headlights look kinda Audi, though. And so do the wheels. Damn, I hope the similarities end there... :?

fedezyl
08-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Wow, let's see Tiff test drive it...

SFDMALEX
08-28-2003, 01:47 PM
I have very little respect for this car. Why? Because it has a quad turbo and it only produces 1001BHP. With 4 turbos, I would expect something more. It just tells me its a wimpy engine. Just MHO.

fireguy
08-28-2003, 01:53 PM
this car is a long time coming and has been delayed several times; i even heard that the head at bugatti might be fired over the project delays. this whole project reeks of financial disaster and i doubt the full run of 400 will ever be produced.

alondahan
08-28-2003, 02:31 PM
The bugatti is incredibly ugly for such a super car.

It looks like a fat shoe to me. a very expensive and fast fat shoe though.

dis3as3d
08-28-2003, 02:41 PM
uglies nike ever

novass
08-28-2003, 03:00 PM
its looks are a little funky, but i kind of like that about it. fuck i would take one!

robruf
08-28-2003, 03:40 PM
This could be the best super car ever, but we will have to wait and see what Tiff says when he test dtives it. This thing is so fast, it is hard to believe those figures.

SFDMALEX
08-28-2003, 04:19 PM
This could be the best super car ever, but we will have to wait and see what Tiff says when he test dtives it. This thing is so fast, it is hard to believe those figures.

Well "Best Super Car Ever" does not have to be the one with the best figures. And In my opinion figures is all this car has.

lauriv
08-28-2003, 04:38 PM
I have very little respect for this car. Why? Because it has a quad turbo and it only produces 1001BHP. With 4 turbos, I would expect something more. It just tells me its a wimpy engine. Just MHO.

I suppose it has four turbos not bacause it needs four to make over 1001 bhp, but because it needs to be driveable, not like those 1000+ bhp Skylines/Supras etc that need 4000+ rpm to make any decent torque and have a huge lag. People who pay $1m for a car want refinement. Four small turbos have less lag than one or two huge ones.

stracing
08-28-2003, 09:16 PM
it will be exclusive if they manage to build this and the company shuts down

and then again it won't be coz ppl won't buy it fearing theres no support

aawil
08-28-2003, 09:33 PM
I think it will end up one of the most unreliable cars ever. So far I've been very dissapointed with audi's designs for lambo. German cars to me are to souless.

SFDMALEX
08-28-2003, 10:00 PM

I suppose it has four turbos not bacause it needs four to make over 1001 bhp, but because it needs to be driveable, not like those 1000+ bhp Skylines/Supras etc that need 4000+ rpm to make any decent torque and have a huge lag. People who pay $1m for a car want refinement. Four small turbos have less lag than one or two huge ones.

If they dont want lag, why wont they build a normal aspirated engine without any forced induction?

possessed_beaver
08-28-2003, 11:54 PM
IMO we could be looking at the worlds biggest lemon!

DR.GONZO
08-29-2003, 12:50 AM
DAM I love the buggati, look at those old buggati's then after many many years of tech shit they come up with something so siccckkk It's INSANE............ DAM fucking buggati Own'z!

possessed_beaver
08-29-2003, 03:21 AM
dude!!! calm down!!!
hahahah

out of control doctor!

Chingachgook
08-29-2003, 04:37 AM
this is a useless car. Normally it's limited to 300kmh, to have full speed you have to call Bugatti and obtain a new set of special tyres and a new electronic management for the engine.

I don't know how this thing weights but I don't thik it'll be as funny to drive as a Challenge Stradale,for example.

http://146.155.3.17/whiplash/videos/videosmiscelaneos/(www_dragteam_cl)_bugatti_race.mpg

here a video, nothing special but better than nothing

alondahan
08-29-2003, 07:28 AM
I think it will end up one of the most unreliable cars ever. So far I've been very dissapointed with audi's designs for lambo. German cars to me are to souless.

I think so too. audi killed the lambo spirit with the diablo vt 6. they used to be outrauges mad machines but now they've lost the insane looks and the insane character. they're not exciting anymore.

oic0
08-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Is sweet, I still dunno if it will dethrone the mclaren though, its kinda heavy.

lauriv
08-29-2003, 02:54 PM
If they dont want lag, why wont they build a normal aspirated engine without any forced induction?

From what I've heard, the Veyron's V16 is rather small in size. A N/A with 1000 bhp and any decent torque would have to be about 10-11 l in capacity, which means it'd be heavy and bulky as well... It'd probably be more than just a tight fit :)

SFDMALEX
08-30-2003, 12:42 AM

From what I've heard, the Veyron's V16 is rather small in size. A N/A with 1000 bhp and any decent torque would have to be about 10-11 l in capacity, which means it'd be heavy and bulky as well... It'd probably be more than just a tight fit :)

I dont think so. Some good engineering will do the trick.

666fast
08-30-2003, 02:57 AM

Exactly, a friends fathers Corvette has a 502 that makes 900bhp without forced induction.

cho_888
08-30-2003, 05:38 AM
that rear wing better fold down cause it looks crap

lauriv
08-30-2003, 09:40 AM

Exactly, a friends fathers Corvette has a 502 that makes 900bhp without forced induction.

No arguing about that you can make a 1000+ bhp N/A engine, but a supercharged engine can always be made smaller. And it's not just the size that counts, but the weight as well.

SFDMALEX
08-30-2003, 10:23 AM

No arguing about that you can make a 1000+ bhp N/A engine, but a supercharged engine can always be made smaller. And it's not just the size that counts, but the weight as well.

Yes, a some good engineering will do the trick. Look at Formula 1 mate. :wink:

lauriv
08-30-2003, 10:40 AM

Yes, a some good engineering will do the trick. Look at Formula 1 mate. :wink:

I do, every other Sunday :wink:
But a F1 engine doesn't really have much torque at low-to-middle rpm, just like a heavily boosted turbocar. And it's the same problem with most N/A engines that make over 110+ bhp/litre: make 'em scream and you're having fun, cruise along and flooring the throttle doesn't have much effect...
Light-pressure turbochargers have really started to spread, 600 Merc's and Maybachs have 'em, new Bentley GT has them, on the wider market there are loads of VW Group (Audi, Seat, VW) products with their 1.8 turbo engine etc. They can't be all wrong, can they? :) And Veyron's also got a light-pressure turbo, oops, four of them :)

1zippo1
08-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Styling: I like the back, but not the front.

I think it will be interesting to see what car reviewers say about a crazy car like this. I don't think it's a competitor for other supercars like the Enzo & McLaren, it's way to heavy for that. But that amount of power must be hugely impressive.

1zippo1
08-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Oh and the fact they used light pressure turbo's is most probably for reliability. You don't want to buy such a highly prices car and see that the engine is screwed after 100.000km.

TT
08-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Sad news for the Veyron:

The launch of the 1,001bhp Bugatti Veyron has been postponed until next year. The first customers were due to get their cars around now, but they may have to wait 12 months. Insiders say this is because VW Group boss Bernd Pischetsrieder is increasingly worried about spiralling costs.

Billyjuan
09-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Can we say boost controller? :twisted: oh yeah aahahhaah