PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear in the US???

jinmin803
08-27-2003, 11:03 PM
does anyone know if Top Gear is on any of the TV stations in the US, or if they've got plans to bring it in?

oic0
08-27-2003, 11:04 PM
No, all we have is car and driver and those cruddy truck shows. Then that rice show.

altezza
08-27-2003, 11:15 PM
they are on BBC World, you can watch it if you have digital cable or satellite TV

Top Gear schedule on BBC World
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_clickpage.asp?pageid=2389

AlienDB7
08-28-2003, 12:43 AM
There's some talk on the speed channel forum about getting top gear: http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=15414&sid=23dbb393679c7036991a78c36dff1d0f

Their programming department is aware of the show but I don't think they'll get it... afterall, they're known as the nascar channel. Imagine all the ads revenue they lose after showing the Viper coming last on a drag with other sports cars. Rule #1 for american car reviews: no negative comments.

The only channel that *may* get Top Gear or 5th Gear is PBS. They're showing Auto Motor und Sport on some PBS stations now. Unfortunately, it's being shown at late night (Detroit PBS station at 5:30am EST). The show is no where near as good as TG or 5G but well worth staying up for... Luckily I'm westcoast so it's only 2:30am for me :)

Homans
08-28-2003, 01:01 AM
Hmmm...looking all over my DTV system for TopGear. Wish that i could be finding it....its the one thing that i would watch more than anything else, and its the one thing that i just cant get. You think that with 1000's of channels and whatnot on satellite TV these days, it wouldnt be so hard to get one little show like this.

aawil
08-28-2003, 01:07 AM
I think i'd most like to see 5th Gear with Tiff over here in the states. I don't like top gear's new format as much as the older episodes

novass
08-28-2003, 02:19 AM
i just found out that we get Auto Motor and Sport, the German show here in the states. Its on KLCS channel 42 here. next showing is 8/30 at 5 pm

altezza
08-28-2003, 02:58 AM
you can also watch Auto Motor und Sport TV live at these times
http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,3063-184710-219980,00.html
click on the live TV icon, but the screen is very tiny (real media)
yeah, we can watch it thru Detroit PBS here in Vancouver on Monday 2:30 am (PST)

possessed_beaver
08-28-2003, 02:59 AM
AlienDB7 hahaha lmao, so true man, yeh seeing a viper get owned by evreything on that show would break there haerts, and all the negative (true) comments about the american cars, would fuck them off aswell..

they only want a show filled with propaganda about how awsome 5.7L pushrods are!!!
very sad indeed.

and it would break there heart seeing the steg thrashing a british lotus elise round a track faster than a vette..
lol

AlienDB7
08-28-2003, 04:31 AM
and it would break there heart seeing the steg thrashing a british lotus elise round a track faster than a vette..
lol
Or seeing clarkson blowing up a 'vette with a minigun.

They actually airred Motorvision for about a year but they did cancel it due to poor rating. Who knows what's the real reason. Most of the featured cars aren't available in north america anyway. Even the american cars sold in europe are so different from what we have here.

novass
08-28-2003, 04:33 AM
AlienDB7 hahaha lmao, so true man, yeh seeing a viper get owned by evreything on that show would break there haerts, and all the negative (true) comments about the american cars, would fuck them off aswell..

they only want a show filled with propaganda about how awsome 5.7L pushrods are!!!
very sad indeed.

lol

you really hate American cars dont you Beav?

DR.GONZO
08-28-2003, 09:35 AM
top gear in us?? I have satallite and I have BBC But I look to see what's going to be on for the next week on that channel no TOP GEAR fifth gear anything No cars ! I never see it Oh those some crappy cooking show on or someshit no luck for me. Oh I checked through that link up there and it says palay wed at 1930GMT what time is that down here in kali what's gmt???

possessed_beaver
08-28-2003, 09:42 AM
novass, hahaha yeh i kinda do..
not rely hate them, just find them overrated,
hahah duno it's just personal opinions, and i like been diferent and causing arguments...
lol

im one twisted fucker! :2gunfire:

stracing
08-28-2003, 09:52 AM
i wish i could literally piss on every single american car there is.
i absolutely hate them as well...

i don't mind causing a bit of a stir too

Nemisis8u
08-28-2003, 09:56 AM
There's some talk on the speed channel forum about getting top gear: http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=15414&sid=23dbb393679c7036991a78c36dff1d0f

I hope they do. I fucking hate NASCAR and everything related to it. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Ziploc
08-28-2003, 11:11 AM
i just checked my americain satalite and guess what?

i get BBC america which maens no top gear :(

novass
08-28-2003, 11:40 AM
novass, hahaha yeh i kinda do..
not rely hate them, just find them overrated,
hahah duno it's just personal opinions, and i like been diferent and causing arguments...
lol

im one twisted fucker! :2gunfire:

No worries man! everyone is entitled to their own opinion. even tho yours is wrong! LOL J/K if we all liked the same stuff we wouldnt have much more to talk about, so i like hearing different opinions :D

i totally understand your opinion too. it seems like the past decade or two its been only about marketing and not about the cars themselves. hopefully one day our car companies here will learn and go back to making cars for the right reasons

novass
08-28-2003, 11:43 AM

hey, if i find you near my car ill cut your wang off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW what is your avatar from, ive been wondering that for a while, but everytime i see it i get into it yellin at my comp "yea bitch, i know you like it!" LOL

twboy1999
08-28-2003, 12:31 PM
i live in toronto canada
and i have saltillite service, and occastionaly i cna see top gear on BBC WORLD
but i dunno the exat time,,
but the top gear on BBC WORLD is only 30 mins each

fireguy
08-28-2003, 02:17 PM
you can also watch Auto Motor und Sport TV live at these times
http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,3063-184710-219980,00.html
click on the live TV icon, but the screen is very tiny (real media)
yeah, we can watch it thru Detroit PBS here in Vancouver on Monday 2:30 am (PST)

very nice!........i live in vancouver too but didn't know we get this show; guess i'll be staying up late this monday, thx.

AlienDB7
08-28-2003, 03:01 PM
For those in australia, you can actually get 5th Gear on Lifestyle channel: http://www.lifestylechannel.com.au/

DR.GONZO
08-28-2003, 04:23 PM

why cause they look bad ass they can hang with supercars (with mods) and they aren't as expensive..

AlienDB7
08-28-2003, 05:42 PM
beaver, just wondering, do you like Holden? I see lots of debates for the holden vs. ford from the aussies. Jeremy and Vicki seemed to like the holden HSV even though it has a LS1 only.

altezza
08-28-2003, 07:12 PM
top gear in us?? I have satallite and I have BBC But I look to see what's going to be on for the next week on that channel no TOP GEAR fifth gear anything No cars ! I never see it Oh those some crappy cooking show on or someshit no luck for me. Oh I checked through that link up there and it says palay wed at 1930GMT what time is that down here in kali what's gmt???

GMT = greenwich mean time (London's time), so that's GMT minus 8 hours for Pacific Standard Time or minus 5 hours for Eastern Standard Time
and make sure that u're watching BBC World instead of BBC America or BBC Canada coz' they both don't have top gear :(

stracing
08-28-2003, 09:42 PM
hey, if i find you near my car ill cut your wang off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW what is your avatar from, ive been wondering that for a while, but everytime i see it i get into it yellin at my comp "yea bitch, i know you like it!" LOL

hehe i don't think i have plans to goto america yet. i'm desperate to make a trip around europe or asia. or you can own an old mustang and i'd admire it. thats the only american car i like

i ripped the avator from someone else. i got the same feeling when i first saw it too

novass
08-28-2003, 09:45 PM
^^^ no worries man, i was just fuckin around :lol:

i will never own a Ford LOL im a Chevy man when it comes to American cars. i need to go on a vacation soon too.

stracing
08-28-2003, 09:49 PM
why cause they look bad and they are cheap shit

you're spot on!!!! hehe

:P :P :P

i just never liked the looks and the fact they just like to build suspensions for your bend free country. if they had the looks and handle well on a track i won't be bagging them out. or you could basically hypnotise every journalist and write stuff i want to read. that will change my mind

stracing
08-28-2003, 09:53 PM
For those in australia, you can actually get 5th Gear on Lifestyle channel: http://www.lifestylechannel.com.au/

its on cable tv which i don't have and don't intend to get

SkylineGTR34VspecII
09-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Im glad someone fianlly agrees with me about NASCAR and american cars.

possessed_beaver
09-04-2003, 03:42 AM
beaver, just wondering, do you like Holden? I see lots of debates for the holden vs. ford from the aussies. Jeremy and Vicki seemed to like the holden HSV even though it has a LS1 only.

nah because it's basicley the car of choice for bogans (beer drinking inbreed rednecks) no offence anyone :)
and well basicley they are slow!
lol
they always get hammered to fuck by WRX's at the trafic light drag's

if i had to chose i would get the FORD XR8
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~strats/car.jpg
basicley for the money of a holden, you could get a much better car, and they all have thoes 5.7L engines, they are quite populor cars but have MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PROBLEMS (typical american car)

and the ppl who drive them tend to have big ego's (but that can be said about most drivers)