PDA

View Full Version : Enzo vs Macca F1 at Nurburgring

fireguy
08-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Ok, so let's imagine for a moment that Schumy rolls up to the 'ring in a Ferrari Enzo at the same time Coulthard pulls up in a McLaren F1. They rip 5 laps through the green hell head to head.

Who crosses the line first and why?

Jabba
08-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Schumacher wins as he has proven that he is the better driver...(F1 record speaks for itself) and DC seems to have lost his racing heart now IMO....

and the Enzo wins as Schumacher is probably better with its F1 paddle shift transmission than DC is with the Mclarens stick shift....

I would put my money on Schuey and Ferrari....(I wonder why LoL....)

Ziploc
08-26-2003, 04:03 PM
the ferrari is more aerodynamically advanced and is prolly the winner handling wise to

advantage ferari :P

SFDMALEX
08-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Shcumi wins.

1. He's the best F1 driver today.

2. Enzo is more powerful.

3. More aerodynamiclly advanced(more grip)

4. Its a fucking Ferrari, so its gonna win.

Jabba
08-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Shcumi wins.

4. Its a fucking Ferrari, so its gonna win.

exactly what I was gonna say...its a Ferrari so it has to win...if not the race...then on looks and sound....LoL...... :D

dis3as3d
08-26-2003, 09:40 PM
No way, the McLaren F1 is 100x better looking than the enzo. but unfortunately i dont think the McLaren would win more than the beauty contest :roll:. Yes the enzo has a certin mistique about it, and the body is functional but it is so barren. Some people dig the raw race car feel. But the McLaren is so much more practical.

SFDMALEX
08-26-2003, 10:06 PM
No way, the McLaren F1 is 100x better looking than the enzo. but unfortunately i dont think the McLaren would win more than the beauty contest :roll:. Yes the enzo has a certin mistique about it, and the body is functional but it is so barren. Some people dig the raw race car feel. But the McLaren is so much more practical.

Have you seen the Enzo in real life? I thought it was ugly also, but the day I saw it I changed my opinion right away.

stracing
08-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Some people dig the raw race car feel. But the McLaren is so much more practical.

schumi wins

we're not talking abt ppl here...you've gone a bit off track.

at first i didn't like it, but see it at the auto show, i drooled. i think its just every ferrari built has an aura around it. loved it so much i ordered 2 enzos straight away....1:24 scale that is

666fast
08-26-2003, 11:14 PM

When you are buying a supercar, do you think practicality matters? I sure don't. I'm not gonna choose a Ferrari over a Lamborghini because it has more storage space!

Which one would win, tough choice, but I'll have to go with the McLaren. Maybe someone with these cars will make a video for us!
I wish

novass
08-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Im gonna go with the Ferrari on this one. Especially with Schumi behind the wheel. I dont watch much F1, but the fact that I know so much about the man without being a loyal follower says something about his credibility.

Either way I would like to have both cars, but if I had to choose one over the other, I would definitely go for the Ferrari.....I mean come on.....its a Ferrari!

possessed_beaver
08-27-2003, 02:35 AM
mmmmmm....... well IMO
i have seen a video of a mclaryn been driven around a track, and it seemed like the driver diden't rely push it. but it had some pace behind it.
who said schey has to drive them, get the stig out!

mmmmmmm.... well the mclaryn doesent have launch control like the ferrari, and a launch froma mclaryn would result in alot of wheel spin, but it has alot of pace.
maybee not the down force like the ferrari thus making the ferrari have more cnr speed, and yeh driving ability comes alot into it, diden't schey help alot in the development and design of the enzo?

mmmm....... maybee enzo.. who knows, whatever the diferance is it woulden't be alot IMO

cho_888
08-27-2003, 02:39 AM
enzo all the way, if you have just seen picture you are going to think its ugly if youhave seen it in real life you will have the same reaction as tiff did!

draak666
08-27-2003, 04:25 AM
Also, little Shumi grew up right next to the ring, so that will give him an advantage.

1zippo1
08-27-2003, 06:31 AM
I think the Enzo would win because it has incredible handling (it has adjustable air intakes so it can adapt the amount of downforce) and brakes.

But powerwise, the Mclaren is still better as the Enzo. Power to weight it wins. And the Mclaren F1 LM (the race version-roadlegal) would probably crush the Enzo.

By the way, I'm not taking into account the driver skills.

What would be an interesting battle is the Pagani 600hp 750NM Torque 1250kg vs the Enzo 660hp 657NM Torque 1365kg.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 06:38 AM

Is that because you dont think driver skills would make any difference to the outcome....???? if it was just about car times then it would be better to have said the stigg in the original post......I would also suggest shumi being able to take DC in an uprated F40...

draak666
08-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Indeed, there is no track in the world like the Nordschleife where the driver and his experience on this track are so important.

Wide
08-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Mclaren is better than the enzo.. but shumi is better than the other..
Every side has advantage.. So dont know who wins...
I want to see the race between the Pagani and the Koenigsegg..
2 best supercar on the road.. Awesome..

1zippo1
08-27-2003, 07:19 AM

Is that because you dont think driver skills would make any difference to the outcome....???? if it was just about car times then it would be better to have said the stigg in the original post......I would also suggest shumi being able to take DC in an uprated F40...

No I just didn't take the drivers into account because I wanted to say something about the cars, not really about the drivers. Schumi might still beat DC in an Enzo against an McLarenF1LM, but the last car still is the fastest.

The Mclaren F1 weigth 1140kg and has 627hp => power/weigth: 0,55
The Enzo 1365kg 660hp => 0,4835
The McLaren F1 LM 1062kg 680hp => 0,64

Now that last figure is amazing!!!! I think it would blow any current supercar away Koenigsegg - Zonda - Enzo - CGT

http://www.mclarencars.com

Chingachgook
08-27-2003, 07:22 AM
The Enzo will win with no problems at all.
1 Coulthar sucks
2 The Enzo is more advances in every aspect (aerodynamic, brakes, engine, gearbox, tyres, chassis, suspensions)
3The Mclaren is faster in straight line but it has LESS downforce so it's slower through corners,it has less stability under braking, and also because of the less width ,in slow corners where there isn't the influence of the aerodynamic downforce, it generates less lateral G

Jabba
08-27-2003, 07:27 AM
Schumi might still beat DC in an Enzo against an McLarenF1LM, but the last car still is the fastest.

yes but surely it "may" only be the fastest car depending on how fast the driver can actually drive it....

Wide
08-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Jabba u r right.. Whatever happens everything depends on the driver..

Jabba
08-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Mclaren F1 weigth 1140kg and has 627hp => power/weigth: 0,55
The Enzo 1365kg 660hp => 0,4835
The McLaren F1 LM 1062kg 680hp => 0,64

Now that last figure is amazing!!!! I think it would blow any current supercar away Koenigsegg - Zonda - Enzo - CGT

http://www.mclarencars.com

In all fairness Zippo this thread wasnt about comparing the McLaren F1 LM or any other car for that matter to the Enzo....

if we carry on down that road.... why dont we compare Ferrari and Mclaren using their latest racing technology on the track over the last few years....in Formula One....hmmm...and Ferrari would be way ahead again IMO if they hadnt changed the rules when Ferrari walked it last year...and all the other teams started crying....

cho_888
08-27-2003, 07:55 AM
So true ferrarwhen it come to f1 are in a different legue.

SFDMALEX
08-27-2003, 10:33 AM
One more thing, Shcuey and DC arent sports car drivers. They are F1 drivers. Now if you say its a race between Fabio Babini and Cambel Water(sp?) that would make big difference.

Again Ferraris Enzo's technology is 13years ahead of the McLaren.
The Enzo is more powerfull, so I dont know if McLaren will be as fast in acceleration. And as for top speed, none of the cars will be able to reach it at Nordschleife, even on the huge straight, maybe 315 for the Enzo with about 38km in reserve and 325 for McLarenF1 with 40km in reserve. Nordschleife is all about grip. The Enzo will be just plain faster there.

If the race was at Monza I dont think that the ferrari will win. But at big grip tracks like Nordschleife Ferrari all the way.

Silverstone McLaren will probably win. Its a very wide straight track.

Someone said McLaren F1LM, well thats just not fair. If you want to race a F1LM against a ferrari, the proper opponent would be a modded F40, then we would have a race. Remeber the days of BPR??? McLaren Vs. f40?

Guys dont forget that the McLaren F1 is getting old. Its a true masterpeace, but its just getting outdated.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 11:02 AM
One more thing, Shcuey and DC arent sports car drivers. They are F1 drivers

yes but Schumacher was closely involved with the development of the Enzo and therefore I should think he has quite a bit of experience driving it....(he was also testing it on the 5th gear video and looked quite "mean" driving it)

SFDMALEX
08-27-2003, 11:12 AM
One more thing, Shcuey and DC arent sports car drivers. They are F1 drivers

yes but Schumacher was closely involved with the development of the Enzo and therefore I should think he has quite a bit of experience driving it....(he was also testing it on the 5th gear video and looked quite "mean" driving it)

Shcuey lookd "mean" all the time/ Even when he's doing his victory jump lol.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 11:14 AM
True

WhiteP
08-27-2003, 05:04 PM
I would bet on Schmacher and the Enzo too. First he is a better driver. If comparing the specs between Enzo and Mclaren F1, Mclaren F1 does have some advantages. However, I think Enzo is a better equipped track car. Gear ratios, durability, aerodynamics etc... counts. For example, the NSX is faster on the track than many higher power to weight cars. That's what I think.

tkach
08-27-2003, 05:40 PM
enzo over the mclaren.

HoboPie
08-27-2003, 06:01 PM
The Enzo has many advantages and even the straightline disadvantage may not be important.

It gets to the quartermile as quick as the Mclaren and even hits some speeds like 120mph quicker.

I'm not sure what the Mclaren does, but in a slower test (autocar I thnk)

The Enzo did 150mph in 13.1s, not too shabby.

1zippo1
08-27-2003, 06:03 PM
[quote="SFDMALEX"]
Someone said McLaren F1LM, well thats just not fair. If you want to race a F1LM against a ferrari, the proper opponent would be a modded F40, then we would have a race. Remeber the days of BPR??? McLaren Vs. f40?
[quote]

The LM is not modded it is just a extreme version, like the Pagani has 3 engine versions 555hp-580hp-600hp...

fireguy
08-27-2003, 07:01 PM
good to see all the different points of view........i'm would agree with the majority and say Schuey and the Enzo not just because of the car's abilities but also how much tire technology has advanced in the past 10 years since the Macca came out. Enzo's tires combined with the race car-like chassis would render a difinite advantage on a track like the 'ring.

Personally, if i had the money i would buy a McLaren F1; it's a legend and they are actually gaining in value every year: current asking prices are in the range of 1.1 million to 1.5 million euros (!).

ferrari550
08-27-2003, 09:35 PM
every cent on my money if on the schui and the enzo. the only thing that the F1 can do better is the top speed, the ferrari is more of a track car. although i love the F1, the enzo's ability and driver have the advantage.

skelter
08-28-2003, 12:42 AM
Funny how everyone comments on the Enzo being the best handler, what do you base that on?

AlienDB7
08-28-2003, 03:11 AM
The Enzo is better than the mclaren F1 on skidpad and has shorter braking distance.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=627&page_number=7&preview=

Chingachgook
08-28-2003, 03:32 AM
Alan Jones,ex F1 World Champion,tested both cars at Estoril,and the McLaren was slower (2 seconds) then the Ferrari F50! :lol:

Andy Wallace, Le Mans winner and McLaren tester said that the McLaren is very fast in straight line,but it's not much stable. For example he says that the Zonda is more stable at high speed, and the Zonda aerodynamics sucks...

For a proferrional driver the McLaren is very very funny (see Tiff Needell) but for normal people is scary

alondahan
08-28-2003, 03:44 AM
The Enzo will destroy the macca on every track.

in a straight line they are matched, but in the corners the Enzo simply can't be touched.

It brakes harder, have more grip, downforce and a lot of other stuff to make it unbeatable.
just note that the macca got a lousy 0.88g on the skidpad, where the enzo pulled over 1 g.

I remember watching a few years ago on tv a race between an F50 and a
f1. the f1 was faster in a straight line, but the Ferrari won.

And on the Nurburgring, a track that is over 7km long, and has 177 corners, the mclren won't just be beaten. It will be annihilated.

alondahan
08-28-2003, 03:47 AM
and by the way, Shumi holds the F1 lap record in the ring.

alondahan
08-28-2003, 03:52 AM
I think the Enzo would win because it has incredible handling (it has adjustable air intakes so it can adapt the amount of downforce) and brakes.

But powerwise, the Mclaren is still better as the Enzo. Power to weight it wins. And the Mclaren F1 LM (the race version-roadlegal) would probably crush the Enzo.

What would be an interesting battle is the Pagani 600hp 750NM Torque 1250kg vs the Enzo 660hp 657NM Torque 1365kg.

I don't think that even the lm (it differs from regular f1 only in aero package) will touch the Enzo, and it sure won't win.

and btw the Pagani is 555hp, 1380 kg curb weight.

draak666
08-28-2003, 04:01 AM
And on the Nurburgring, a track that is over 7km long, and has 177 corners, the mclren won't just be beaten. It will be annihilated.

I thought we were talking about the Nordschleife...

alondahan
08-28-2003, 04:07 AM
Alan Jones,ex F1 World Champion,tested both cars at Estoril,and the McLaren was slower (2 seconds) then the Ferrari F50! :lol:

Andy Wallace, Le Mans winner and McLaren tester said that the McLaren is very fast in straight line,but it's not much stable. For example he says that the Zonda is more stable at high speed, and the Zonda aerodynamics sucks...

For a proferrional driver the McLaren is very very funny (see Tiff Needell) but for normal people is scary

Thats what I was talking about when I said I saw a race between the F50 and the macca. It just shows that the Enzo will crash the macca (the F50 did).

Chingachgook
08-28-2003, 07:58 AM
But thr old Nurburgring IS the Nordschleife!!!

I think...

alondahan, have you got that video?

draak666
08-28-2003, 08:06 AM
There are two tracks at the Nurburgring: the new F1 circuit and the old one, which is the Nordschleife (20 km. long). The last one is the most interesting of the two.

Chingachgook
08-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Yes I know! But also the old one is called Nurburgring!

Although,it's obvious that the McLaren is slower at the Old Ring. Not only the Enzo is way faster, but also the F50 will beat te Macca.
Considering that maybe the F40 is faster than the F50, now the McLaren is 3°! :shock:

alondahan
08-28-2003, 02:08 PM
alondahan, have you got that video?

Sadly I don't :(

my vcr didn't work when it was on tv.

SFDMALEX
08-28-2003, 03:15 PM
[quote="Chingachgook"]Yes I know! But also the old one is called Nurburgring!

No. The old 20km circuit is called Nordschleife. The new F1 circuit is called Nurburgring. Peple use " 'Ring " also for the old circuit.

lauriv
08-28-2003, 03:31 PM
My two cents go on Enzo/Schumi. Time has moved on a lot, the Enzo has better brakes and tires as standard. If you'd modify the F1, I suppose it'd be able to put up a good fight and maybe even win, but in stock condition it'll be beaten. Anyway, I love the Mac and I'd buy it if..., you know, if it wasn't that small issue with money :wink:

maalox
08-28-2003, 08:46 PM
As much as I'd like for the Mac to win, it's competing with 10 years of technical advancement in the Enzo. Acceleratively it still wins (less weight) but on the track the Enzo's gearbox and carbon brakes would easily make up--and pass--the distance. The McLaren was never meant to be a true track machine; it was designed as the ultimate road car. It is certainly fast on a track, but the Enzo is a more focused machine in that regard. Still, I wish I knew how little time separated the two. Could be interesting...

Chingachgook
08-29-2003, 03:31 AM
The McLaren could be more technological, but Gordon Murray didn't want anything.
The big problem of the McLaren it's the aerodynamic. His body doesn't generate downforce, and in such a light car downforce is absolutely necessary to have grip in corners,especially when you have such a small front and rear track. Think a little about it...the Enzo is more powerful, but is capable to reach "only" 350 kmh, the McLaren has 627 bhp and with Andy Wallace menaged 391 kmh!!! So it's clear that it has been designed in order ti have low drag,but also less downforce

robruf
09-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Yes, the Enzo would win, but not because of the driver, it is all due to the car. If you put Schue, Kimi, Montoya, and Coulthard all in the Enzo and let them loose on any track in the work sans Maranello, I bet that the times would be incredibly close. Another thing, what if Jeff Gordon was driving the Enzo, as last year at the World of Champions race he crushed Alonso, when he raced against him, I mean he humiliated him. Coulthard may be superior in a manual transmission than Schue, one never knows.

twboy1999
09-02-2003, 11:39 PM
around the track ENZO would win for sure
straight line speed is about the same
but the corning ability of ENZO, and the way it handle, no one can compare to it, even the mighty Mclaren F1

and no one can drive better then Michael Schumacher around a track ,, he is freaking the KING of track,, u guys agree with u on that or what?? SCHUMACHER rules

twboy1999
09-02-2003, 11:54 PM
straight line should be around teh same speed
because engine technology has involve alot since McF1 came out

f0racer
09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
I have to say the Enzo Ferrari will win. Like many on this thread said: the Enzo is a better car with newer technology and Michael is faster. The Mclaren is outdated (but can still hold its own to a lot of other sports cars), ten years has past and in terms of automotive technology ten years can be a lifetime. In racing technology especially in Formula One (where a lot of the technology of the Enzo came from), it’s just a lost cause. If it was Enzo Ferrari vs. McLaren F1 LM, that a different story and a close race.