PDA

View Full Version : need help with PS2 & GT4

st-anger
06-15-2004, 11:02 AM
....so, all of you know it, i´m one of the computer dorks here at JW :lol: but i NEED a present for a 16year old, he´s a car freak as well, and i think i´ll buy him PS2 with "GT4", he already has XBox with that "Gotham(???!)" stuff or whatever, so my question to those who already played both of them or just one of the two games:

which one is better and how good is this "GT4" maybe in comparison to the previous version...
graphics, gameplay, whatever....
what do i need to buy.....??? only console and game, or some things like steering wheel or joystick or ...... i don´t know.... :? :wink:

ANY input ´d be so much appreciated, thx :P

Sachmo12345
06-15-2004, 11:27 AM
GT4 isnt out yet unless you speak of Prolugue which is like a sample of GT$

st-anger
06-15-2004, 11:31 AM
GT4 isnt out yet unless you speak of Prolugue which is like a sample of GT$

nevertheless.....how is it....???
he can buy the final version when it´s out i think....

veilsidebr
06-15-2004, 11:42 AM
yeah..the final release of GT4 will be at the mid-end of the year...now there is just the GT4 Prologue at the stores, wich is a demo-versioned game, that is the GT3 but with another "skin", cars, but it´s not the GT4 complete game aswell.

:D

TT
06-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Sadly GT4P alone isn't really worth.. GT4 will be out in Nov-Dec in the US.. probably the same in Europe, but could be 2005...

GT is better than Gotham IMO and by far! Even GT3 is better. Of course you could keep the boy happy untill GT4 with this combo:

PS2 + GT3 + GT3 Concept + GT4 Prologue ;)

BTW, off topic, but I'm paying Riding Spirits II and it's by far the best motorbikes game on console :D

BTW, the console + joypad (included) is ok, maybe a second joypad if he wants to play with friends... don't forget one or even 2 mem cards ;)

As for a steering wheel.. could be nice, but first let's see if he will like the game ;) (no idea how he could not ;))

st-anger
06-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Sadly GT4P alone isn't really worth.. GT4 will be out in Nov-Dec in the US.. probably the same in Europe, but could be 2005...

GT is better than Gotham IMO and by far! Even GT3 is better. Of course you could keep the boy happy untill GT4 with this combo:

PS2 + GT3 + GT3 Concept + GT4 Prologue ;)

BTW, off topic, but I'm paying Riding Spirits II and it's by far the best motorbikes game on console :D

BTW, the console + joypad (included) is ok, maybe a second joypad if he wants to play with friends... don't forget one or even 2 mem cards ;)

As for a steering wheel.. could be nice, but first let's see if he will like the game ;) (no idea how he could not ;))

thx m8, it´s clearer now, so to sum it up: GT4P is shit or what....???
do you think because of that i should add GT3 + GT3C...????

stracing
06-15-2004, 12:15 PM
does he have his own dvd player? if not a remote might be worth a consideration.

TT
06-15-2004, 12:18 PM
thx m8, it´s clearer now, so to sum it up: GT4P is shit or what....???

GT4 is not a complete game.. it is short and if he never had a GT before, you definitely need at least GT3 that will show him what it is about ;) GTConcept is a bit like GT4P.. short.. incomplete.. and sure not worth to buy alone IMO.

st-anger
06-15-2004, 12:49 PM
i see, but you haven´t already played GT4P....?
if yes, what different to GT3 and will the final version of GT4 differ from GT4P....???

sorry for beeing a completely dork on that sector :lol:

TT
06-15-2004, 12:54 PM
I played it yes.. and again.. it is a teaser for GT4.. it has just 5 tracks.. and only two with AI opponents.. only one rally course... and just a few cars.. only arcade mode, no tuning at all possible on the cars.. you only have the licenses to do (I admit they are a challenge if you want all golds), and then you are left with some 50 and 5 tracks to play with.. it's great for any GT fans, especially thanks to Tsukuba ;) but if you consider GT3, packed with hundreads of car, the Gran Turismo mode (where you can buy and upgrade cars and race in many many leagues), more tracks and so on... you understand that GT4P is good ONLY if you had GT3 and are dying to play GT4! :D GTC is a bit the same.. just some cars, even less than GT4P and a couple of tracks and only arcade mode.

Gt3 may be a bit dated, but still VERY good and definitely they way to go for somebody owning his first PS2 and wanting a good videogame able to keep him glued to the TV screen for days/weeks/months... for sure even GT4P will be superb if you never saw the whole thing.. but I repeat.. it's for ppl that loved GT3, can't wait for GT4 and want a little teaser of what it could be like...

GT4 BTW will have again hundreads of cars (no official list yet), LOT of tracks and online mode... :D

st-anger
06-15-2004, 02:25 PM
I played it yes.. and again.. it is a teaser for GT4.. it has just 5 tracks.. and only two with AI opponents.. only one rally course... and just a few cars.. only arcade mode, no tuning at all possible on the cars.. you only have the licenses to do (I admit they are a challenge if you want all golds), and then you are left with some 50 and 5 tracks to play with.. it's great for any GT fans, especially thanks to Tsukuba ;) but if you consider GT3, packed with hundreads of car, the Gran Turismo mode (where you can buy and upgrade cars and race in many many leagues), more tracks and so on... you understand that GT4P is good ONLY if you had GT3 and are dying to play GT4! :D GTC is a bit the same.. just some cars, even less than GT4P and a couple of tracks and only arcade mode.

Gt3 may be a bit dated, but still VERY good and definitely they way to go for somebody owning his first PS2 and wanting a good videogame able to keep him glued to the TV screen for days/weeks/months... for sure even GT4P will be superb if you never saw the whole thing.. but I repeat.. it's for ppl that loved GT3, can't wait for GT4 and want a little teaser of what it could be like...

GT4 BTW will have again hundreads of cars (no official list yet), LOT of tracks and online mode... :D

THX m8 now i know what to do.....and buy.... :wink:
i´m quite sure he´ll like it...

TT
06-15-2004, 02:26 PM
And BTW, I'm quite sure now GT3 costs even less than GT4P since it is probably out since decades in the Platinum collection ;)

st-anger
06-15-2004, 02:30 PM
And BTW, I'm quite sure now GT3 costs even less than GT4P since it is probably out since decades in the Platinum collection ;)

well, thx for the info, but money shouldn´t be the problem....especially for the kidz... :D

TT
06-15-2004, 02:34 PM
HAHA I know and anyway the difference would probably be in the 10 € ;) it was just to point out another "pro" toward GT3 compared to GT4P ;) bigger and cheaper :D ...

st-anger
06-15-2004, 02:38 PM
HAHA I know and anyway the difference would probably be in the 10 € ;) it was just to point out another "pro" toward GT3 compared to GT4P ;) bigger and cheaper :D ...

i think i´ll send my wife to the store, so no worries for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

yg60m
06-15-2004, 03:40 PM
BTW, there will be the long Nurburgring in GT4 :wink:

st-anger
06-15-2004, 03:48 PM

:shock: are you serious???
wow, that´d be SUPER nice, so is this already confirmed??? plz let me know...

on the other hand i can´t complain about driving on the NS with some "nice" cars.... 8)

DMbaseball1604
06-15-2004, 04:00 PM
yeah I would recomend GT3 as well, I'm 99% through the game and I still love playing it...its a great game...I was just wondering though if there was anyone who does have a steering wheel for GT3 I know logitech made one specifically for GT3 but I heard it wasnt any good..is there anyone who has it..or anyone that has used it that can give some input..

st-anger...thats a very good gift..I wish you were the one buying me presents..lol

TT
06-15-2004, 04:20 PM

on the other hand i can´t complain about driving on the NS with some "nice" cars.... 8)

Confirmed yes: there were pics and vids online time ago.

st-anger
06-16-2004, 04:01 AM

Confirmed yes: there were pics and vids online time ago.

....and i missed them....great :?
is NS more on the realistic side or arcade...???

gis
06-16-2004, 08:00 AM
NS is more arcade.but is a fun game to play for sure.

all the decisions seem to be made on what u need to buy,but one more persons views wont hurt i dont think,lol.but you cant go wrong with GT3 for now.although its been out for a few years now,i still find myself playing it every now and then.you cant go wrong with it.and GT4 will rule when they decide to let us all play it in full lol and the nurburgring track in it will be fun to drive on

TT
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
is NS more on the realistic side or arcade...???

I hope it will be the more realistic as possible, but for sure the more realistic NordSchleife you will be able to play on console IMO