PDA

View Full Version : Let's promote the coolest piece of software there is...

ChrisAW11
06-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Since today I found the one download that I've been waiting for the last 10 months or so, I think I should promote my favorite driving simulation.
Now that download was:

The almighty Nürburgring Nordschleife!

And the simulator I'm talking about is:

NetKar, the free simulation that puts you into the driving seat of the following cars:
Ferrari 360 Modena
Pagani Zonda
Ferrari 250 GTO
Toyota Supra JGTC
MG ZS BTCC
Formula Renault 2000
Formula 3000

I just love it!

Official download link for NetKar (http://www.nkzone.com)
The place I got the Nordschleife from (http://encio.altervista.org/)

So perhaps some of you haven't already heard of it (propably lots of you already did), just go ahead, download it and you'll see it with your own eyes - this simulation ROCKS!

I'm off trying to hit 8 Minutes in the Modena on the Nordschleife, so don't expect me to reply in the next 24 hours...

SilviaEvo
06-11-2004, 07:49 PM
holy crap thank you soooo much my Summer is gonna be fun!!!!

spyd3rr
06-11-2004, 10:22 PM
dang thats awesome! this will keep me preoccupied until GT4 comes out, whenever that is. December, hopefully.

SilviaEvo
06-11-2004, 10:42 PM
awww i just found out you cant use your keyboard and i dont have a wheel

mrzonda
06-12-2004, 01:01 AM
I still haven't figure out how to use it. The readmes aren't very good. Can someone help me out?

crazidude
06-12-2004, 01:34 AM
lol I got no wheel but I got a gamepad. So does it work with a game pad?

Fleischmann
06-12-2004, 04:38 AM
Noooooo...damn...couldn't they just made a keyboard function for the game?? It ain't the same experience but at least the majority of people could play :(

ChrisAW11
06-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I guess you need a wheel or a gamepad (c'mon, a used Thurstmaster T2 is like €15 on ebay...) to play it, but I just can't see how anybody feels the handling doesn't do it for him... After you played some hours with the 360, you just start realizing what the driver does in videos of the car, at least that was what has happened to me. It's a fairly realistic simulation that takes almost all known suspension effects into regard, and it's not very easy to handle. But it's fun once you do - and for all those who aren't very quick, there is a New Mini Cooper to drive ;).
Sensation of speed is very much related with the perspective of the game you see, the closer to the ground and the wider your vision is, the faster you feel. NetKar's camera is at driver height position, but it is also pretty narrow, showing you only what is straight forward. However, get the Supra out, drive the Nordschleife, go through Dottinger Höhe (which is the longest straight I could imagine) at 300km/h+, and you'll notice that there IS a sensation of speed. ;)

MrZonda, what's your problem with it in detail? Perhaps I can answer it - or you could go to the NKZone Forums (http://www.nkzone.com) to ask some of the regulars...

jon_s
06-12-2004, 05:37 PM
What a shame about the keyborad not being able to be used.

I was looking forward to playing it :(

mrzonda
06-12-2004, 07:27 PM
MrZonda, what's your problem with it in detail? Perhaps I can answer it - or you could go to the NKZone Forums to ask some of the regulars...

I can't seem to get into a game. What do I have to do once I've installed the software?

ChrisAW11
06-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Click Track Day, then click Start Session, then Click Race.

abbor
06-12-2004, 08:31 PM
It's pretty good, but I enjoy GTR2002 mod for F1 2002 more... And that's coming out for X-Box

ChrisAW11
06-12-2004, 08:36 PM
The GTR2002 mod is GREAT too... I love racing around in the Diablo...

mrzonda
06-12-2004, 08:51 PM
I must have a bug in mine. It gives me errors each time I click on Track Day. What version do you have?

ChrisAW11
06-12-2004, 09:14 PM
0.99 Namie... You need the latest DirectX version for it, too... Get it from Microsoft.com (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=1).

mrzonda
06-12-2004, 10:46 PM
hmm, that's weird. I have the same version. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it. I have the latest directx also, so that shouldn't be a problem.

ChrisAW11
06-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Have you got a wheel to control the cars? It needs one.

Also, do you have an opinion on Europe?
Please vote!!!

sameerrao
06-13-2004, 02:22 AM
ChrisAW11,

I d'l the game y'day and tried it today for the first time. It seems to react very odd to the steering and throttle - Note: I have a Microsoft Forcefeed back wheel. The moment you brake the wheel goes all over the place.

It works better with FF off.

The Ferrari and other faster cars seem to have a tremendous propensity to spin. Also, once you are on the grass the rear wheels will spin themselves to oblivion. There is no way to get back onto the track.. (i.e. no reset button)

TVR_Fan
06-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Downloading now I am looking forward to trying this out weeee.