15 Justin Wilson Jaguar + 28 laps
16 Olivier Panis Toyota + 37 laps
17 Giancarlo Fisichella Jordan Ford + 42 laps
18 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari + 51 laps
19 Jacques Villeneuve BAR Honda + 58 laps
20 Ralph Firman Jordan Ford DNS

fedezyl
08-24-2003, 10:13 PM
WOW the first win for renault?!?! am I right?!?!

Jabba
08-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Well their first win for a very long time at least...they used to win a alot more when schumacher was driving for them (Benetton)

Kangaroo Boy
08-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Sticky,Your results are wrong.
THE OFFICAL RESULTS
Hungarian Grand Prix 2003

Pos No Driver Team Laps Time/Retired Grid Points

1 8 Fernando Alonso Renault 70 Winner 1 10

2 6 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 70 +16.7 secs 7 8

3 3 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 70 +34.5 secs 4 6

4 4 Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW 70 +35.6 secs 2 5

5 5 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes 70 +56.5 secs 9 4

6 14 Mark Webber Jaguar -Cosworth 70 +72.6 secs 3 3

7 7 Jarno Trulli Renault 69 +1 Lap 6 2

8 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 69 +1 Lap 8 1

9 9 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-Petronas 69 +1 Lap 11

10 17 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 69 +1 Lap 14

11 21 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 68 +2 Lap 15

12 19 Jos Verstappen Minardi-Cosworth 67 +3 Lap 18

13 18 Nicolas Kiesa Minardi-Cosworth 66 +4 Lap 20

Ret 10 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Sauber-Petronas 47 Ran out of fuel 17

Ret 15 Justin Wilson Jaguar -Cosworth 42 Engine 12

Ret 12 Zsolt Baumgartner Jordan-Ford 34 Engine 19

Ret 20 Olivier Panis Toyota 33 Gearbox 10

Ret 11 Giancarlo Fisichella Jordan-Ford 28 Engine 13

Ret 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 19 Suspension 5

Ret 16 Jacques Villeneuve BAR-Honda 14 Hydraulics 16

possessed_beaver
08-25-2003, 02:27 AM
yeh, i was going to say!
webber came 6th!
dw.. BMW will get there next time!

comon webber!!!!

TT
08-25-2003, 04:11 AM
I'm just so sorry for Barrichello...

cho_888
08-25-2003, 04:20 AM
Go webber the aussy! the new rules seem to have evend out the competition

Wide
08-25-2003, 04:20 AM
I'm just so sorry for Barrichello...

Agree with u he is so unlucky..
Many times he`s having engine problems bodywork problems..

possessed_beaver
08-25-2003, 06:46 AM
i seem to like the rule changes, it's not a case of the same results evrey week (a good and a bad thing i guess)
but shey blamed the track for his bad qualifying time, comon u can't always blame ya mistakes on the track mate!
Rubens Barrichello was very unfortunate, but why on the race results does it say he finished with 51 laps to go, he crashed!!!
clearley!!!!! (and at a very high speed :|)

it was a DNF.. can someone plz explain :)

draak666
08-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Well their first win for a very long time at least...they used to win a alot more when schumacher was driving for them (Benetton)

And when they formed a team with Williams...

Great to see an outsider win. But Webber did hold everybody up the first few laps. Anyway, the championship run hasn't been this exciting for years. Go Montoya, go!

stradale
08-25-2003, 08:00 AM
I thought it was a great race. Alonso's win, Webber's sixth place, Ralf's race (the best driver in my opinion yesterday, apart from his unfortunate spin at the beginning) and a spectacular crash (Barrichello). I feel sorry for my favourite team Ferrari, but it still was a great race.

draak666
08-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Yeah, Ralf made an impressive return.

Jabba
08-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Sticky,Your results are wrong.
THE OFFICAL RESULTS
Hungarian Grand Prix 2003

Sorry I guess someone has fucked up...and they still havent changed it either...

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp.jpg

possessed_beaver
08-25-2003, 10:09 AM
do u print screen evreything u do dude?
or was it in you're history?

Jabba
08-25-2003, 10:11 AM
nope...that page is still available to view right now....they havent corrected it yet....

SFDMALEX
08-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Ferrari is let down by bloody bridgstone. They still have the best chassis, and the best engine, but the tyres are bad. Bridgstone needs to get their act togheter because they are letting down the #1F1 team of the last 3years.

draak666
08-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Ferrari ... still have the best chassis, and the best engine, but the tyres are bad.
Just the tires? Ask Barrichello how he liked his rear suspension yesterday. :D

SFDMALEX
08-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Ferrari ... still have the best chassis, and the best engine, but the tyres are bad.
Just the tires? Ask Barrichello how he liked his rear suspension yesterday. :D

THat was just weird, never happend before. Its the tyres fault lol.

fedezyl
08-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I meant as far as Renault coming back as a whole team, it's their first win since they came back isn't it?

Kangaroo Boy
08-26-2003, 07:46 AM
I reckon Webber is getting better,Consider the jagaur isn't up their with BMW,Mercedes and ferrari,To qualify 3rd then get beaten by Renault,BMW,Merc came 6th and didn't get lap is pretty good effort.

tekwar
08-26-2003, 08:25 AM
Ferrari is let down by bloody bridgstone. They still have the best chassis, and the best engine, but the tyres are bad. Bridgstone needs to get their act togheter because they are letting down the #1F1 team of the last 3years.

i serious doubt that the new rules are the main reason why this season is more exciting. The other teams have just caught up to ferrari and michelin have a much better tire this year. Just look at the race pace of the ferrari and you can tell they have no where near the advantage they had last year. I credit that mostly to the tires.

Also you can argue about ferrari having the best chassis. Alot of people think renault have the best chassis which is let down by the lack of engine power. Also the best engine is still the BMW, they have the most power, good reliability this year. Ferraris main advantage was the tires last year like i said, and when they lost that, they are back down to normal again. All the top michelin runners, Mclaren, BMW, and Renault have all been fighting for wins now, which has made life difficult for ferrari.

Its been a great season so far, definitely the closest season i have ever seen. top 3 separated by just 2 points, you cant ask for a much better turnaround from last years "parade" season. Lets hope the top guys keep it going till suzuka for a grand finale.

SFDMALEX
08-26-2003, 11:15 AM

i serious doubt that the new rules are the main reason why this season is more exciting. The other teams have just caught up to ferrari and michelin have a much better tire this year. Just look at the race pace of the ferrari and you can tell they have no where near the advantage they had last year. I credit that mostly to the tires.

Also you can argue about ferrari having the best chassis. Alot of people think renault have the best chassis which is let down by the lack of engine power. Also the best engine is still the BMW, they have the most power, good reliability this year. Ferraris main advantage was the tires last year like i said, and when they lost that, they are back down to normal again. All the top michelin runners, Mclaren, BMW, and Renault have all been fighting for wins now, which has made life difficult for ferrari.

Its been a great season so far, definitely the closest season i have ever seen. top 3 separated by just 2 points, you cant ask for a much better turnaround from last years "parade" season. Lets hope the top guys keep it going till suzuka for a grand finale.

I agree that renault has awesome chassis. Probably second best on the grid, but even all the other teams agree that ferrari has the best chassis, and it's let down by the tires. Other drivers are even saying it in interviews.

Bridgstone is even saying that they are going to change their tire shape similar to michelin. They just fucked up. And its a good lesson for them, next time they will think twice.

I agree the season is exciting, I hope that they fight to the end(suzuka), but I dont think that its a fair fight because bridgstone fucked up bigtime, look at all the bridgstone runners, all of them are in the back of the grid.

tekwar
08-26-2003, 08:49 PM
well you cant forget that bridgestones biggest flaw is that they only have 1 major team doing testing for them. The rest of the teams running bridgestone would still be at the back of the grid regardless of the tires. While Michelin has 3 top teams (renault, bmw, and mclaren) all putting in major testing times for the tires. The combined effort of those 3 teams really helps to speed up development. Bridgestone concentrating on just one top team is their biggest mistake in my opinion.

initiala4
08-26-2003, 08:57 PM
this is going to be an interesting next race with 3 ppl within points of each other...i wonder who would be crown as world champion
?

draak666
08-27-2003, 04:09 AM
well you cant forget that bridgestones biggest flaw is that they only have 1 major team doing testing for them. The rest of the teams running bridgestone would still be at the back of the grid regardless of the tires. While Michelin has 3 top teams (renault, bmw, and mclaren) all putting in major testing times for the tires. The combined effort of those 3 teams really helps to speed up development. Bridgestone concentrating on just one top team is their biggest mistake in my opinion.

Yet, Ferrari and Bridgestone claim quite the contrary, i.e. that their close cooperation is their strongest asset.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 07:51 AM
nothing can beat testing millage which is what bridgestone doesnt have much of compared to its competitor.

draak666
08-27-2003, 08:09 AM
On the other hand, Bridgestone can focus on one car, while the results of Michelin's test milages are somewhat biassed by the different cars' characteristics.

Also, it was only two seasons ago when Bridgestone provided the whole starting grid of tyres. And now they have already lost all of their advantage??? I don't think so. Face it, since last season the other teams simply have made greater progress than Ferrari.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 08:13 AM
I would also suggest changing the qualifying rules may have had something to do with it...after Ferrari walked it last season...and all the other teams started crying.... :wink:

draak666
08-27-2003, 08:43 AM
I don't believe that has changed a lot, Jabba. Perhaps it has on tracks where it's difficult to overtake. But then again, the rules are the same for everyone and every team has to choose the best racing tactics for their cars. Mind you, I hate the way they changed the qualifying rules. Last year it were the races that weren't exciting, now it's the qualifying sessions, since you can't judge the drivers' times because you don't know what their pitstop streategy is. Today, even the slowest driver can grab pole position on a nearly empty tank of fuel. Should be a good idea for Minardi, it's a great and easy way to get publicity... :D

Jabba
08-27-2003, 08:46 AM
are you saying that they would have changed the rules even if Ferrari had not won so easily then ???? I remember everyone saying they were not going to watch F1 anymore last season as Ferrari always won.....

draak666
08-27-2003, 09:08 AM
I said the very same thing LOL, and indeed that IS the reason why they changed all the rules. However, changing the rules can only have effect when they disable an advantage of a particular team (Ferrari). Can you explain to me where the advantages of Ferrari were exactly? I can't see where they affected Ferrari (or their strategy) in particular with the new rules. They're also the same for everyone.

Besides, it's only normal that other teams are closing the gap with Ferrari. What happened in the championship last year was a total exception.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Can you explain to me where the advantages of Ferrari were exactly?

hmmm could it have been that Michael Schumacher kinda started nearer the front for each race last season ???? :wink:

draak666
08-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Yeah true, as I mentionned, on tracks where it's difficult to overtake it's an advantage to start in front. Last year Schumi simply drove away from the rest in his Ferrari. That was exceptional. This year however, he doesn't always start in pole position, nor is he constantly stuck behind other drivers. This IMO means that other teams have progressed more.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 09:31 AM
I just find the whole thing highly suspicious that Ferrari win the championship with half the races still to go last season...and everyone starts switching off...as no one can get anywhere near to beating Ferrari....

then all of a sudden the rules get changed and its one of the closest seasons ever....its going to be like a WWF type event soon the way its going....as no one likes to see the "baddie" always win.... it would seem...

draak666
08-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Schumi isn't the baddie. I think he's the best driver around, and I love Ferrari. But for those who don't support the Ferrari team, last years championship was just pathetic to watch. And it is true that people like to see the underdog win.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 09:57 AM
But for those who don't support the Ferrari team, last years championship was just pathetic to watch.

but not as pathetic as changing the rules....to give the other teams a chance to catch up....as it had become "pathetic to watch"....

if Ferrari had carried on winning then what would it have been next I wonder a blind fold for Schumacher I suppose....

draak666
08-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Damn, you Ferrari fans are so hard to convince. It looks like you have forgotten what it feels like to lose. Indeed... it sucks! Get over it!. :D

Jabba
08-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Give me a clear explanation why the rules were changed after last season and I will....and you wont convince me of anything which you are wrong about....and from what I understand we are winning the championship....

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:13 AM
On the other hand, Bridgestone can focus on one car, while the results of Michelin's test milages are somewhat biassed by the different cars' characteristics.

Also, it was only two seasons ago when Bridgestone provided the whole starting grid of tyres. And now they have already lost all of their advantage??? I don't think so. Face it, since last season the other teams simply have made greater progress than Ferrari.

if you listen to any f1 expect, they will tell you the same thing i told you. Tire development never stops, its one of the biggest and most important parts of an F1 car. Just because bridgestone developed tires for all the cars last time, doesnt mean they will have the clear advantage now. you have to remember than competition drives development too.

testing millage gives the tire manufacturers real life testing on new compounds. granted it may not suit all the cars, but when you make a step in rubber technology, all the cars in general will benefit from it. Focusing on one car has its own advantages, but you dont get the hours and hours of extra testing that you would if you had another top team running it. Ask any f1 expert and i can gurantee you that Michelin stepping up will be one of the top 2 reasons why the championship is more competitive this year and ferrari is going down.

i think the results speak for themselves, that renault, bmw and mclaren which all run michelin are fighting for wins now is a clear indication. you cant believe that ferrari which had such a big and clear advantage last season lost all of that because 3 teams stepped up so dramatically in one season. We all know that it is highly unlikely that it is because these car manufacturers made such "major" leap in development alone. Last season, we were just hopping that someone would put up a fight with ferrari this season, no one dreamed it would be 3 teams up there with them. Its clear we have michelin to thank for.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:22 AM
you cant tell me that the change in the rules this year doesnt hurt ferrari in anyway. Havent you ever heard "Track Position is Important". It doesnt matter what sport your in, f1 included. Even on tracks that you can overtake on. Its not a simple matter. Are you trying to say that a BMW on a straight is easy to overtake, i think everyone would laugh at that. And thats not to say a Mclaren is any easier either. F1 no matter on whatever track is not an easy motorsport to overtake in. The changes in qualifying are based on that, swapping the cars around on the grid to make things interesting and more fun for the spectators. If everything was equal, you would think that a ferrari starting at the back of the grid would have a good chance to win even last year, but you dont see that, and the reason is like i said, track position is important.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 10:22 AM
hmmmm I wonder if we will go back to the old qualifying rules then next season....hmmmm perhaps not.... me thinks...cant think why.....

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:24 AM
hmmmm I wonder if we will go back to the old qualifying rules then next season....hmmmm perhaps not me thinks...cant think why.....

Well bernie has been quoted as saying that "Qualifying is Boring" and that they are looking into changing it again next year. Its hard to say at this moment, but if i had to bet on it, i would say yes it will probably change again. To what, i wouldnt know, but too many of the top people, including drivers and team owners have expressed their concern over the qualifying format. The idea of having 2nd qualifying sessions on sunday mornings before the races is interesting though.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 10:28 AM
The changes in qualifying are based on that, swapping the cars around on the grid to make things interesting and more fun for the spectators.

The only sense I have heard today.....but only more fun for people that dont like Ferrari.....

draak666
08-27-2003, 10:28 AM
OK, so Jabba claims it's the changing of the rules which have brought the teams closer together and Tekwar claims it's the tires. Both of you probably have a part of the answer. But it seems no Ferrari fan dares to admit that the progression of the other cars has got anything to do with it. I think it does.

Now, I'd like to end this discussion here because I still have some work to do and I don't want to end up in a discussion with all the other Ferrari fans of JabbasWorld on my neck. Besides I'm just the devil's advocate :twisted: . F1 is exciting and worth watching again, that's what matters to me. Thanks for your participation.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 10:32 AM
But it seems no Ferrari fan dares to admit that the progression of the other cars has got anything to do with it. I think it does.

not that much progression in that amount of time...that is like going from a 486 PC to a Pentium 4 in 6 months...I will give you that the other teams might be onto a Pentium 2 now at the very most...and of course Ferrari would have made no progression either I suppose...I mean what do they know about Forumula One racing anyway????

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:41 AM
im not a ferrari fan, i have been a mclaren fan since the early 90s when senna was still driving for them. so my opinions are not biased, and nor are they just my own taughts, all you have to do is follow f1 news and you will hear the same sentiments. Im also an f1 fan, i enjoy every aspect of f1 and follow it closely.

and like i said, there are many reasons why the sudden turn of the tide and in my opinion i would rate them as follows:-
a) Tires
b) Qualifying
c) Development

I cant agree with you on progressing as the major reason for the change. First of all, every team was miles behind ferrari last season. Williams who were at the beginning of the season just hoping to close the gap on ferrari have now found themselves to be by far the best car in the last few races. McLaren who have yet to launch their "super" car Mp4/18 is still up near the top challanging for wins in what is basically the same car they used last year with some modifications. Renault who have come from absolutely nowhere are now almost up to ferraris standard. Ferrari also claimed that their new car is almost 2 seconds faster than last years car. So to say that ferrari has done a bad job in developement is an issult to their team and not knowing that ferrari has one of the if not the best engineering crew in f1.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:46 AM
But it seems no Ferrari fan dares to admit that the progression of the other cars has got anything to do with it. I think it does.

not that much progression in that amount of time...that is like going from a 486 PC to a Pentium 4 in 6 months...I will give you that the other teams might be onto a Pentium 2 now at the very most...and of course Ferrari would have made no progression either I suppose...I mean what do they know about Forumula One racing anyway????

draak666 if you follow f1 for any amount of time before, you would know that getting a development advantage in f1 is not a quick thing. Like jabba said, you dont see a middle of the grid team jumping out and becoming the best team in one season. It takes years and years of development to get that advantage. For ferrari to lose such a huge advantage in one season is not on progression of the other teams alone. Renault last year who were a distant 4th in construtors is now almost on par with the "superior" ferrari in 1 season, you cant actually think that the engineers did such a marvelous job in 1 season unless they stole parts from the future and brought it in this season.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 10:47 AM
hmmmm I wonder if we will go back to the old qualifying rules then next season....hmmmm perhaps not me thinks...cant think why.....

Well bernie has been quoted as saying that "Qualifying is Boring" and that they are looking into changing it again next year. Its hard to say at this moment, but if i had to bet on it, i would say yes it will probably change again. To what, i wouldnt know, but too many of the top people, including drivers and team owners have expressed their concern over the qualifying format. The idea of having 2nd qualifying sessions on sunday mornings before the races is interesting though.

I sure hope so.... then we can see our first six times world champion....

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:48 AM
okie i dont even know why i bother saying that much, just go into any f1 site and read the driver and team quotes after races and qualifying and i can gurantee that you will read about them talking about the tires and how good or bad they were. And then f1 expects will mention about bridgestone playing catchup on certain tracks while maintaining and advantage on others.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:51 AM

I sure hope so.... then we can see our first six times world champion....

hah i guess micheal "deserves" it, but i would rather see a new talent winning it like Kimi, Alonso, Montoya or Webber. Those guys are such great drivers. F1 will be in good hands when micheal decides to step down, but i dont want to see that happen until someone dethrones him while he is on top.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 10:54 AM
I havent got a problem with being beaten fair and square...I dont like to see rules changed though just because it has become "boring to watch" because of one team winning all the time.....

tekwar
08-27-2003, 10:58 AM
I havent got a problem with being beaten fair and square...I dont like to see rules changed though just because it has become "boring to watch" because of one team winning all the time.....

i agree with you on that one. I dont like schumy, but i rather he loses the championship in a "real" season not because of some silly changes in the rules. That is the true spirit of f1. Like ferrari said last year, every team goes through their ups and downs, and changing the rules just because ferrari was dominant last year was quite unfair and stupid really. Heres hoping for things to return back to normal next season and have qualifying runned on low fuel again to trully see which team has the fastest car and driver on track.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Yes that was the only point I was trying to make all along.. :D I am sure most of the teams dont like the new rules either (DC) but of course we have to keep the "viewers" interested :P

tekwar
08-27-2003, 11:07 AM
here are some quotes i pulled out today alone from www.f1-live.com/en if you really still find what i say hard to believe:

taken from http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030827011114.shtml

"Many people blame Bridgestone for the Scuderia's lack of success. Does Jean Todt agree with this opinion ? "You know it would be very unfair to give all credit to one tyre company or to say that it’s because of another tyre company that we don’t do well, because, as I said earlier, we won so many races thanks to them, so you have to see the whole picture. Probably some teams will get some advantage out of it. I think Bridgestone have been focussing more on developing the tyres with us because we are probably more the point of reference for them, and probably the other tyre company has more points of reference. But I don’t want to say that it is an advantage or disadvantage, it’s just like that.""

and
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030827023454.shtml

""Next week we will go to Monza to test a new aerodynamic package and a more powerful engine," confirms Raikkonen. "We really need it because we have more or less the same car since the beginning of the year. The championship remains open even if we shouldn't be at our best at Monza. It wasn't too good for us last year. Nonetheless, we should be fine for Indianapolis and Suzuka.""

draak666
08-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Yes that was the only point I was trying to make all along.. :D I am sure most of the teams dont like the new rules either (DC) but of course we have to keep the "viewers" interested :P

Ok Jabba, let's switch positions. Suppose Coulthard in his McLaren would have dominated last season and Schumi didn't stand a chance. Would you still have watched every race? I would assume you have better things to do then.

draak666
08-27-2003, 12:35 PM
So Jabba says that it's impossible for an F1 car to improve this fast in one season, yet what Tekwar says is that Michelin was capable of making better tyres than Bridgestone in just two years of F1. Where's the logic in that?

Also BMW already had the best engine on the grid and Renault didn't come out of nowhere either. They already had a few good results last year.

draak666
08-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Ferrari also claimed that their new car is almost 2 seconds faster than last years car. So to say that ferrari has done a bad job in developement is an issult to their team and not knowing that ferrari has one of the if not the best engineering crew in f1.

I never said Ferrari did a bad job. I said other teams did a better job then them.

Ferrari claiming that their new car is two seconds faster than last years car is an insult to your intelligence. You don't believe that, do you?

skelter
08-27-2003, 05:49 PM
There is also the theory that Ferrari/Bridgestone were cheating all of 2002 and some of 2003 as well, Michelin filed a complain that Ferrari/Bridgestone were using different compounds in the front than the rears between Austria and Monaco then they suddenly dropped in performance.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Ok Jabba, let's switch positions. Suppose Coulthard in his McLaren would have dominated last season and Schumi didn't stand a chance. Would you still have watched every race? I would assume you have better things to do then.

yes I would have... and did...when Schumi first joined Ferrari...

draak666
08-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Were you a Schumi fan before he joined Ferrari? In fact, do you consider yourself to be a Shumacher or a Ferrari fan?

Jabba
08-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Schumacher was my favourite driver right from when he was with Jordan...and well Ferrari is formula one to me....so togeather it was a dream come true.... :D

SFDMALEX
08-27-2003, 06:09 PM
I'd wathc F1 even if ferrari was performing like Minardi. And I am a ferrari fan, not a drivers fan, I watch F1 for the cars, not for the drivers. Maybe if there is going to be a Ukrainian driver in F1, then I would be a drivers fan.

draak666
08-27-2003, 06:18 PM
The thing with Schumacher is that he's so bloody perfect. :) He drives perfect laps, he behaves perfectly. He's so freakin' clean. That's why I like 'rebels' like Montoya and Villeneuve to lighten things up a bit from time to time. I wish Villeneuve got a chance to drive a competitive car again, he's got a fine attitude IMO.

Jabba
08-27-2003, 06:24 PM
The thing with Schumacher is that he's so bloody perfect. :) He drives perfect laps

Yes thats why I admire him so much...and dont kid yourself...he is very capable of playing dirty when he has to...I think he wrote the book on on some of the more "creative" moves....

SFDMALEX
08-27-2003, 06:30 PM
I like Kimi, he's so young and so bloody good. He got big balls, last year when all the Hondas blew up in smoke at Spa on top of Eau Rouge kimi went through the smoke without even lifting his foot of the throttle.

Montoya- I dont like him. Dont like his attitude. Did you see the video of him almost beating the shit out of a camera guy because he accidently hit him with his camera? He was cursing at the guy like a mad man. Plus I personaly think that he cant race, he can qualify but he cant race. He's a pure hot lapper, who doesnt know how to manage his tires or brakes. Just my honest oppinoin.

Villnuve- Has a huge ass mouth talks to much and doesnt do crap all. Put him in a renault and he will still suck. He makes way to many mistakes.

Webber- I like webber alot. He's a cool fast guy. No bullshit, doesnt talk trash, and looks like an educated man.

Rubino- He's cool also, real team guy(maybe to much).

Alonso- another new tallent. Behaves good, and got talent.

Shcumaher- Cold and perfect. Doesnt smile much and looks "mean" 24/7. But gotta give him credit. The guy is amazing. Drivers like a computer. If he had the personality of Rubino or Webber more people would like him.

draak666
08-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes thats why I admire him so much...and dont kid yourself...he is very capable of playing dirty when he has to...I think he wrote the book on on some of the more "creative" moves....

I know, I still remember some of his moves :D

draak666
08-27-2003, 06:34 PM
If he had the personality of Rubino ... more people would like him.

Are you kidding, he's a baby :D

Kangaroo Boy
08-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I like Kimi, he's so young and so bloody good. He got big balls, last year when all the Hondas blew up in smoke at Spa on top of Eau Rouge kimi went through the smoke without even lifting his foot of the throttle.

Montoya- I dont like him. Dont like his attitude. Did you see the video of him almost beating the shit out of a camera guy because he accidently hit him with his camera? He was cursing at the guy like a mad man. Plus I personaly think that he cant race, he can qualify but he cant race. He's a pure hot lapper, who doesnt know how to manage his tires or brakes. Just my honest oppinoin.

Villnuve- Has a huge ass mouth talks to much and doesnt do crap all. Put him in a renault and he will still suck. He makes way to many mistakes.

Webber- I like webber alot. He's a cool fast guy. No bullshit, doesnt talk trash, and looks like an educated man.

Rubino- He's cool also, real team guy(maybe to much).

Alonso- another new tallent. Behaves good, and got talent.

Shcumaher- Cold and perfect. Doesnt smile much and looks "mean" 24/7. But gotta give him credit. The guy is amazing. Drivers like a computer. If he had the personality of Rubino or Webber more people would like him.
Kimi is quite,but most Fins are.Schumacher, I reckon he has the best personality in the sport,He really Enjoys driving,even when the car is letting him down.Jensen Button is champion,I like him alot,same as Webber.Kimi and Alonso will become world champions one day,but they are still very young.

skelter
08-27-2003, 07:20 PM
he behaves perfectly. He's so freakin' clean.

That's not the M. Schumacher i've seen.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 08:54 PM
So Jabba says that it's impossible for an F1 car to improve this fast in one season, yet what Tekwar says is that Michelin was capable of making better tyres than Bridgestone in just two years of F1. Where's the logic in that?

Also BMW already had the best engine on the grid and Renault didn't come out of nowhere either. They already had a few good results last year.

Do you know where michelin comes from? They are no newbie tire company. They supply tires for many many other motorsports and they have been in the business for many years. They didnt just come out of no where with a tire. And if you noticed, they didnt have a good tires in the first year they were in f1, in fact they struggled which is why you see the teams were futher back from ferrari. Tire development and car development are 2 totally different things. Just read up what all the car manufacturers say about the tires and how important they are in every race and how they praise michelin for improving so much.

Renault did well last year? tell me when did they win last year, tell me how many times they had a podium then you tell me how good they were.
Tell me how many times BMW won last year compared to this year so far. Facts speak for themselves.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Ferrari also claimed that their new car is almost 2 seconds faster than last years car. So to say that ferrari has done a bad job in developement is an issult to their team and not knowing that ferrari has one of the if not the best engineering crew in f1.

I never said Ferrari did a bad job. I said other teams did a better job then them.

Ferrari claiming that their new car is two seconds faster than last years car is an insult to your intelligence. You don't believe that, do you?

Do you even follow f1? Yes their car is nearly 2 seconds faster on most tracks. Just go look up the fastest time laps of last year and this year. There is no denying what they said. Their car is faster but the other cars are even faster.

tekwar
08-27-2003, 09:00 PM
The thing with Schumacher is that he's so bloody perfect. :) He drives perfect laps, he behaves perfectly. He's so freakin' clean. That's why I like 'rebels' like Montoya and Villeneuve to lighten things up a bit from time to time. I wish Villeneuve got a chance to drive a competitive car again, he's got a fine attitude IMO.

You obviously havent followed f1 much and seen the things schumy has done in the past. Not to say he is the only driver in f1 that has been dirty, but michael is known for it, many f1 drivers have spoken against him before. With that said, he isnt the worst in f1, but he is by no standards a well behaved driver. He is competitive and it shows.

SFDMALEX
08-27-2003, 11:58 PM

You obviously havent followed f1 much and seen the things schumy has done in the past. Not to say he is the only driver in f1 that has been dirty, but michael is known for it, many f1 drivers have spoken against him before. With that said, he isnt the worst in f1, but he is by no standards a well behaved driver. He is competitive and it shows.

Yes, he's been dirty sometimes, just like other drivers, but if he hasnt been it would be boring to watch, you should race like a gentelman but not 24/7. Think about it, you say montoya is Mr.Clean? Montoya and Ralf have been so bloody dirty that they wrecked both of their cars once. Vilnuve and some of his blocks are one of the dirtiest in the world. You make shcumacher look like this dirty guy, look around. What was the last dirty thing he did? Block Kimi from his first victory last year? That wasnt even that dirty. People say that shuey should have let kimi pass him back, thats bullshit. And by all standarts he's one of the most polite drivers out there.

P.S Sorry if the post sounded a bit harsh, Im really injoing this thread.

AblativE
08-28-2003, 12:15 AM
its' funny listening to kimi in the interviews after the race.....i feel sorry for him most of the time and bury my head in a pillow lol

noosee
08-28-2003, 02:08 AM
Yes, he's been dirty sometimes, just like other drivers, but if he hasnt been it would be boring to watch, you should race like a gentelman but not 24/7. Think about it, you say montoya is Mr.Clean? Montoya and Ralf have been so bloody dirty that they wrecked both of their cars once. Vilnuve and some of his blocks are one of the dirtiest in the world. You make shcumacher look like this dirty guy, look around. What was the last dirty thing he did? Block Kimi from his first victory last year? That wasnt even that dirty. People say that shuey should have let kimi pass him back, thats bullshit. And by all standarts he's one of the most polite drivers out there.

P.S Sorry if the post sounded a bit harsh, Im really injoing this thread.

You are right.
Vilneve is the dirtiest one together with Montoya. Kimi is also not that "clean".
& Shummi - cant say he acts bad on the track this year but he is just slower & slower. No overtakings no fastest laps. Even Barri was faster than him in the last races.

draak666
08-28-2003, 03:42 AM
nosee and SFDMALEX, thanks for backing me up on this one.

tekwar, I have the impression you're just trying to deny everything I say. If I would have said that Schumacher is a dirty driver, you would probably have argued that he is a clean driver. Try to remain objective here.

draak666
08-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Renault did well last year? tell me when did they win last year, tell me how many times they had a podium then you tell me how good they were.
Tell me how many times BMW won last year compared to this year so far. Facts speak for themselves.

Ferrari dominated last season. Podiums don't say everything. If you would have watched the races with attention for the other teams you would have noticed Renault didn't do so bad.

draak666
08-28-2003, 03:58 AM
Yes their car is nearly 2 seconds faster on most tracks. Just go look up the fastest time laps of last year and this year.

You look it up :D

tekwar
08-28-2003, 07:40 AM
my point is to say that schumy isnt as clean as a lot of people think of him to be. I never said he is the dirtiest or anywhere near that. If you read my post i said he is competitive driver which is great, i have nothing against that or him. I just cant agree when people say schumy is a gentleman's driver.

draak im not trying to contradict everything you say, but you dont back the things you say with any facts, and a lot of them i just dont agree with...thats all.

I never said renault did bad last year. my point is to say that renault was no where near the level of the top three teams last year, and thats reflected by the results. they were by far the best middle team, but off pace from the top teams. And this year they are nearly on par with ferrari on some tracks. I just cant view that are progression by the team....that would had been an unbelievable advancement in 1 year.

draak666
08-28-2003, 07:54 AM
OK, let's end this discussion here then, shall we? :D

tekwar
08-28-2003, 08:03 AM
lol nothing against you bro....i just love discussing about f1.....sorry no offence intended.... :wink:

draak666
08-28-2003, 08:11 AM
None taken :wink:

twboy1999
08-28-2003, 12:25 PM
hum.... i really wanted ferrari to win,, but they r not dominated as they used to be,, i think 1 of the major reason they r not doing that well is because of Michiline is out developing bridgestone, and everyteam is alot stronger

did u guys see how roben barricalo's car break into pieces?? that is wow