PDA

View Full Version : Lcd Screens

8oost0ne
06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Today has been a bad day for my laptop. I tripped and dropped my laptop today and the result is a nice crack in the middle of my screen. I was wondering if anyone knows if the screen can be replaced and if so on how much it would cost? :x

T-Bird
06-05-2004, 12:05 AM
they are very freaking expensive since they are proprietary screens they are different than most and they have to open the whole laptop to connect the new monitor to the rest of the comp.

8oost0ne
06-05-2004, 12:10 AM
F#CK I am so mad I dont know WTF to do.

graywolf624
06-05-2004, 12:10 AM
they are very freaking expensive since they are proprietary screens they are different than most and they have to open the whole laptop to connect the new monitor to the rest of the comp.

This is correct..
My old boss use to collect the old screens for replacements.. he made more money dealing the screens then fixing the damn laptops in the first place.

What model is it?

Try a mom and pop computer store that sells laptops.. you might get lucky and find something similar to above where they save the used ones. good luck.

8oost0ne
06-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Its a SONY PCG GRZ610 and thanks for the idea.

stracing
06-05-2004, 01:41 AM
SONY eh?! well be prepared to be screwed to the ground

unless you're lucky with the above mentions.

T-Bird
06-05-2004, 01:46 AM
if it's a Sony take to Sony Towers since your in Chicago and just ask what it would cost, They have a Service center and "Warehouse" upstairs that isn't advertised unless you ask, It's quite nice up there just a little room with some stuff on shelves and a desk, tell them what you want and they can get it I found some stuff there I couldn't find anywhere else. (The room may have changed since I went up there a year ago)
P.S. if you don't know where it is it's on Michigan across from Apple and next to Nike town

8oost0ne
06-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Sweet Ill try and check it out this weekend. Thanks alot for the help. :D