PDA

View Full Version : Porsche GT3 Vs. Ferrari 360 Stradale EVO Article OnLine

SFDMALEX
08-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Here it is-http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=971851

TT
08-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Just a quick line: if you are not a subscriber of evo, subscribe... you can't find a better magazine today...

And BTW, this guy had to trash the mag and cut off the pages to scan them... crazy ;) old evos are worth lot of money and #59 will be old in some years ;) I hope he has a back up copy ;)

draak666
08-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Looks like a great magazine. All the articles appeal to me.

TT, please scan your copies :D

possessed_beaver
08-21-2003, 01:24 PM
omg nice as ferrari!!!
check out the carbon fibre wing mirrors!

TT
08-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Looks like a great magazine. All the articles appeal to me.

TT, please scan your copies :D

LMAO, are you crazy!?!?!? All my copies are stored inside plastic bags, to be sure they're as safe as possible ;) and I try to read evo without folding it to much ;) ... impossible to scan it ;) LOL

BTW, I only need 6 back issues now, and 2 or 3 are up on ebay, so maybe in a while, I'll only need 3 back issues!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

stradale
08-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Yes, EVO is the mag for me too. I love it.

You don't need any other mag if you have EVO.

1zippo1
08-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Very interesting article!!! Thx for posting a link to it.

I've never bought EVO, but I'm certainly gonna look for the magazine now. Hope I can find it in Belgium.

I regularly buy belgian car magazines, they're not bad, but certainly not this good.

sikx5
08-24-2003, 07:41 AM
does anyone have any wallpaper size images of them? far out there nice

ferrari550
08-27-2003, 04:21 PM
i have been buying evo for a while now. i have yet to come across this issue, but when i see it i must buy it. it looks great. the gt3 is a great car but i would take the 360 stradale anyday.

HoboPie
08-27-2003, 05:26 PM
The stradale is just incredible. I cannot believe that sound. When the throttle opens up it is just nuts.

robruf
08-27-2003, 06:58 PM
I read that article while waiting for a store to open, the new Ferrari really impressed me, both with its stunning looks and ferocious acceleration. The GT3 is not meant for the road at all, it is for the track, all the complaints that I have heard are about how long the GT3 is to the ground and the fact that it scrapes even the smallest speed bumps, which must be very annoying and expensive. The new Modena is what most Ferari drivers want anyway, but they still need to dial in more torque, imagine how fast the car would be if it had the Turbo's 420 bhp and 400 torque, it would fly by anything. Both are great cars, but I think that I would give the edge to Ferrari for this contest.

alondahan
08-27-2003, 07:30 PM
The stradale is just incredible. I cannot believe that sound. When the throttle opens up it is just nuts.

Yes the sound is incredible. I sent Jabba a few vids of the Stradale that can give a sense of that noise. it gave me goosebumps :lol:

alondahan
08-27-2003, 07:32 PM
I have scans of 2 Autocar tests - Ferrari Enzo and 360 Challange Stradale.
maybe I will post them??

fireguy
08-27-2003, 07:37 PM
nice article, thanks for the link.....despite what the article says, i think they should have thrown the stradale in with the gallardo since the stradale is directly ferrari's answer to the introduction of the gallardo.

alondahan
08-27-2003, 07:50 PM
nice article, thanks for the link.....despite what the article says, i think they should have thrown the stradale in with the gallardo since the stradale is directly ferrari's answer to the introduction of the gallardo.

I think that the gallardo isn't a match for either the Stradale or the gt3 and why do you think it's an answer to the gallardo?

HoboPie
08-27-2003, 08:01 PM
alondahn those articles would be great please post them whenever you can.

I too think the stradale was an answer to the gallardo. Its arrival wasn't too far off and it dealt with the mid engine Ferrari not being top of the line.

It may be less of an answer though and more of a saturation. With the Stradale, 400 that isn't far off, the 460, and the Enzo I think Ferrari is just trying to move back to the top of the class.

I think they have done it pretty well.

maalox
08-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Caught this one in the mag, pretty interesting. It'd be a damn difficult choice to make, but I'd probably end up with the GT3. Similar thrills for less cash and compromise. Still, the CS is arguably the most driver-focused Ferrari for some time (excluding the supercars a la Enzo).

HoboPie
08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Its nuts. It is ridiculously close to the F40 and F50 in a straightline, probably close to as quick as the F50 through the corners and it breaks a lot better than both.

Actually considering what the normal modena can brake like, it is probably record braking. Even the Enzo just barely kept up with the 360 modena in braking tests.

SFDMALEX
08-27-2003, 11:48 PM
I too think the stradale was an answer to the gallardo. Its arrival wasn't too far off and it dealt with the mid engine Ferrari not being top of the line.

If you read the article, Evo said that the Galardo is not in the same league as the 360CS or the GT3(RS).

Galardo was supposed to be a challenge for the old 360Modena not the 360CS.

twboy1999
09-01-2003, 11:18 PM
sounds liek the 360 outperform gt3, specially in straight line

SFDMALEX
09-01-2003, 11:41 PM
I read that article while waiting for a store to open, the new Ferrari really impressed me, both with its stunning looks and ferocious acceleration. The GT3 is not meant for the road at all, it is for the track, all the complaints that I have heard are about how long the GT3 is to the ground and the fact that it scrapes even the smallest speed bumps, which must be very annoying and expensive. The new Modena is what most Ferari drivers want anyway, but they still need to dial in more torque, imagine how fast the car would be if it had the Turbo's 420 bhp and 400 torque, it would fly by anything. Both are great cars, but I think that I would give the edge to Ferrari for this contest.

You dont really need alot of torque at the track :wink: Street yes, track no. It just has the appropriate amount of torque. It doesnt need more. You dont need alot of torque since at the track you never really go much down in speed, 20km maybe the slowest, and it gives you smoothenes. Where is something like a vette, you'll have to be very gental with the throttle.

But, I agree, extra torque is always good. adds to the challenge.

gat
09-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Just to add that this was my holiday reading too, a great magasine....i have totaly moved on from the max power, fast car days.

This is a real car mag for real cars, not tuned up novas.
and, its got stats in the back which every car lover loves to check and compare etc....

Anyway great article on the two cars, though after reading the ferrari seems to be the more brutal of the two as the gt3 found it hard to keep pace with the ferrari on the roads...

cant wait for next issue...

Imre
09-06-2003, 05:48 AM
In Autocar there were test between gt3,360(i don`t know why it wasn`t stradale) and gallardo.They chose gallardo but said that gt3 was pure sports car(and therefore it should be quicker on the track)

twboy1999
09-06-2003, 11:27 AM
damn,,, i wonder if they have this magazine in toronto
anyone know??

TT
09-06-2003, 11:30 AM
anyone know??

I'm pretty sure you can find it in Canada too... but the best way not to miss it, is the subscription... usually overseas is pretty rare.. and you risk to find it only every now and then...

twboy1999
09-06-2003, 11:31 AM
oh ic,, thanx for the reply
i have 1 more question.... the magazine is based in england???

TT
09-06-2003, 11:50 AM
oh ic,, thanx for the reply
i have 1 more question.... the magazine is based in england???

Yes it is :)

SFDMALEX
09-06-2003, 11:59 AM
anyone know??

Go to great canadian news, or chapters, or indigo, they always have it.

twboy1999
09-06-2003, 02:46 PM
thanx alot guys