PDA

View Full Version : Is the Diablo a good buy? Jabba please share!

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 04:37 PM
If so which is best? The VT Roadster, VT, SE30, SV, GT, or 6.0.
Plus what you you think of the Affolter Diablos?

TT
08-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Quick question for you.. I hope you won't open a topic like that for every car in the world ;)

Are you interested in buying a new car? Or it's just for chatting?

1zippo1
08-19-2003, 04:40 PM
That will be difficult to answer you know.

I think we need an expert... maybe someone who has driven one...

OR WAIT maybe someone who owns one, but where will we find such a bloke??? Lambo owners are quite rare you know...

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Yes I am considering purchasing a car. No i am not going to post a topic like this for every car. But would it matter. Its called car chat. I bring up a topic, and everyone gets a variety of opinions from it. Why would you ask that TT?

TT
08-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Yes I am considering purchasing a car. No i am not going to post a topic like this for every car. But would it matter. It called car chat. It brings up a topic, and everyone gets a variety of opinions. Why would you ask that TT?

I ask because if you want to buy a new car, you should open a single topic, asking opinions about the cars you're considering, that's all..

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Im sorry, I didnt think this was a bad way of doing it.

I do apologize.

TT
08-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Im sorry, I didnt think this was a bad way of doing it.

I do apologize.

Don't worry, it's not BAD ;) but it would be easier for other members, for you and mods, if the whole discussion is in a single place and not dispersed in more topics, you see what I mean :)

No need to apologize ;)

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 04:52 PM
k ill keep that in mind for future refferance. but lets try and stay on topic TT. What is your opinion?

TT
08-19-2003, 04:56 PM
My opinion... hell, I'd give a testicle, or both, to own a Diablo... but it would be almost impossible to decide wich one... I love them all, from the first to the very last... and all of them are good cars... so if you want a Diablo, I doubt you can do a mistake, wichever you'll have ;)

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Does it handle the road as well as say a Ferrari does? Specifically the 355?

TT
08-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Does it handle the road as well as say a Ferrari does? Specifically the 355?

This is the question for Jabba obviously, but as far as I know (mags and tc shows ;)), the 355 is more "driver friendly" (still not like a 360)... more "easy" if we can say that way... while the Diablo is a raging bull, a car you have to drive with your body, not just your arms/hands..

But well, both are a blast :)

draak666
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Really, what do we know about those cars? :roll: You'd be lucky if you can find any of those versions. I don't think there's a lot of choice.

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I thought there would be more people on this board that have driven some of these cars and or had talked to some people who have had experience with them.

TT
08-19-2003, 05:06 PM
"sadly" for you, afaik, Jabba is the only member who actually drives both on a "daily" basis ;)

1zippo1
08-19-2003, 05:09 PM
How many % of the world population has driven one of those cars you think ... It's not like they're as common as a Fiat Punto :P

And you've only just put the topic up => so there might still be some people who have driven one or both those cars that will reply

TT
08-19-2003, 05:11 PM
BTW, the best way to talk to Diablo owner, is to go to a meeting, as big as possible ;)

Jabba
08-19-2003, 05:46 PM
That will be difficult to answer you know.

I think we need an expert... maybe someone who has driven one...

OR WAIT maybe someone who owns one, but where will we find such a bloke??? Lambo owners are quite rare you know...

FUCK OFF :wink:

SkylineGTR34VspecII
08-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Why dont you tell us about your cars Jabba?

In detail...

Jabba
08-19-2003, 06:18 PM
yes its something I am supposed to have done already...and post loads of pictures and videos that you havent seen yet of the cars...but I guess you dont realise how much time I already spend working on JW and I cant do everything.......

jon_s
08-20-2003, 05:10 AM
I will tell you how the 355 drives compared to the 996/Elise and Scooby after the weekend as I will have the pleasure of not just sitting in them but also driving them on a track thanks to www.drivingexperiences.co.uk
:D

Ooooooo I can't wait! Jabba......I have the video camera back from the repair shop. I don't know how good the footage will be as 1)my parents are going to film :shock: 2)I don't know how close they can get to the track e.t.c I would love to mount it in the car, but I dobt they will let me :cry:

TT
08-20-2003, 06:40 AM
I will tell you how the 355 drives compared to the 996/Elise and Scooby after the weekend as I will have the pleasure of not just sitting in them but also driving them on a track thanks to www.drivingexperiences.co.uk
:D

Ooooooo I can't wait! Jabba......I have the video camera back from the repair shop. I don't know how good the footage will be as 1)my parents are going to film :shock: 2)I don't know how close they can get to the track e.t.c I would love to mount it in the car, but I dobt they will let me :cry:

You lucky! I saw their advertising many times and always drooled! I'd like to see something like that around my area!!

jon_s
08-20-2003, 07:58 AM
Well, if you ever fancy making the (long!) trip to the UK to do it, you can have a free stay at my house mate. :P I will have a full report for you all next week.

TT
08-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Well, if you ever fancy making the (long!) trip to the UK to do it, you can have a free stay at my house mate. :P I will have a full report for you all next week.

LOL, thanks ;) and beware: the trip is not that long, and with Easyjet I can fly to London with 10 € or less ;)

1zippo1
08-20-2003, 09:28 AM
10 euro??? No kidding? I thought more like 100 euro (with return trip).

But it sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun :wink:

Take some pics, and if possible make a nice video of it :P

911 Turbo (996) - Ferrari 355 - Lotus Elise - Impreza

I would love to do something like that in the future...

TT
08-20-2003, 09:31 AM
10 euro??? No kidding? I thought more like 100 euro (with return trip)...

Well, some time ago there was an offer: Milan-London back and forth, for 2 €uros!! I know it sound impossible, but a friend of mine tried it and he went to London and came back, for TWO € ... LMAO! :D

jon_s
08-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Well, if you ever do make it over, let me know.

Oooooooo I can't wait!

Broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmm mm lol

Fleischmann
12-18-2003, 04:47 PM
In my opinion the best Diablo is the 6.0 VT. Are u sure u have enough money to buy one ???

Jabba
12-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Are u sure u have enough money to buy one ???

Who is that question for ??

oscargarza88
12-18-2003, 05:12 PM
logicly i havent driven one but from what i know the ferrari is and easier car to drive than the lambo, anyway i rather have the lambo but i have to ask jabba to know thw answer fron someone that has driven both as a daily car.

blah
12-18-2003, 05:15 PM
I saw a black Diablo VT today, i nutted right then and there, it was in Van Nuys. BTW im from Cleveland too, but moved to LA. w00t w00t.

oscargarza88
12-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Are u sure u have enough money to buy one ???

Who is that question for ??
for skyline

mhn3773
12-18-2003, 09:39 PM
from what i have pot together from jabba in the past the diablo is almost evil to drive =) as in its not prissied down at all hard shifts stiff ride butalizing aka lambo =)

i may be wrong but thats what i have put together i also belive that they say the 355 is the ferrari..like on a sliding scale between all out race car and luxury car its the closest to the middle of all the ferraris

again i may be wrong so dont quote me on that or anything just seeing if i can help :fadein:

Ivanhoe
12-19-2003, 02:09 AM
You wanna get a diablo?! wow man.. thats a shitload of money... keep that in mind, with that much money a LOT of other cars are really "good" too. If you want an exotic daily driver, I'd go for a gt2. Ferrari's aren't that bad as daily drivers also (from my knowledge) but i think that the maintenance bill will mount up very high. That might not be a problem for you, but it can be annoying. Oh yea, the diablo will be causing problems too :D but thats just my 2 cents..

Fluxlo
12-19-2003, 06:20 AM
How many % of the world population has driven one of those cars you think ... It's not like they're as common as a Fiat Punto :P

And you've only just put the topic up => so there might still be some people who have driven one or both those cars that will reply

Fi...at...Punto? Did that italian company get some money to develop a new ultra rare exotic? Because I've never ever seen one on this side of the world mate :wink: