PDA

View Full Version : What I saw and drove today

Zonda11
05-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Saab "93" (model not year) 2.0 Turbo --This was the first turbocharged car I ever drove and I was surprised how good the turbo was. From watching reviews of supercars, I assumed that a turbo would have some sort of lag and would only kick in at really high rpms. However, the turbo totally changed the feel of the car and kicked in very quickly after I punched it. The car accelerated quite quickly and it was easy to spin the wheels (Front WD) once the turbo kicked in. The brake pedal had a very nice feel to it and overall I really liked the car. -- I always knew Sabbs had a odd spot for the key, but was surprised to find that the key was not really a key. It seemed more like a rubber thing with a tiny bump of one side.

Sorry about the lack of pictures...the rest turned out very dark.

http://www.tomahawks.ca/Jabba/sb1.jpg
http://www.tomahawks.ca/Jabba/sb2.jpg
http://www.tomahawks.ca/Jabba/sb3.jpg
http://www.tomahawks.ca/Jabba/sb4.jpg

BADMIHAI
05-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Looking good. What was the retail price for one of those? Standard or auto?
Was the last picture taken in Mississauga?

Zonda11
05-20-2004, 09:46 PM
It was auto and I think it is about 200-210 hp.....yes I was in Mississauga. I was on a residential road and looked down and saw 47 and I was like there is no way i'm going that slow....then I realized - MPH. The gm site suggests starting at 40 K ish.

Zonda11
05-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I like the saab`s but not too happy with the interior of it, the dash looks like something you would find in a bus or something..... :( :D

BTW: you got hairy legs..... :lol:

Interior is the usual GM special...and I am really not that hairy of a guy....my arms have barely any hair.. I cannot grow much of a beard.....I think it's just the picture!! :D :D :D

tuffguy
05-21-2004, 12:19 AM
You do know that it's really a Subaru, right??

spicymustard
05-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Strange Speedo!

Zonda11
05-21-2004, 02:38 PM
You do know that it's really a Subaru, right?? NO, I didn't - this is not my car and I don't know that much about Saab. If you know something i don't, maybe you should at least explain! I found your comment useless with out some more info.

Anonymous
05-21-2004, 03:04 PM
You do know that it's really a Subaru, right?? NO, I didn't - this is not my car and I don't know that much about Saab. If you know something i don't, maybe you should at least explain! I found your comment useless with out some more info.

he doesn't know what he's talking about the saab 93 actually has the same underpinnings as the vauxhall vectra- i just checked my knowledge in top gear mag and they agree. Though there has been collaboration between the two companies i'm not sure subarau were involved in this car or how this would make it - "a Subaru" by the same logic subarus equivilant would be a "saab" and most of the small european hatchs would also be "a VW" as many are based on the golf platforms

This is whatt jeremy say's about it- "don't be fooled by anyone telling you its just a vauxhall vectra in drag its way, way better than that!"

" At long last you don't have to buy a Saab meerly because it isn't one of the Germans- Audi, BMW or Mercedes-Benz. You can buy it because its a stylish car in its own right"

Kind words from jeremy i think and all models were given 4 stars as far as i can see :D

Toronto
05-21-2004, 04:56 PM
maryland plates in ontario? friend of your visiting, i love the new saab's my friend has a 95 with a fridge in the glove box, i just don't like where you but the key into the car to start it :D

Zonda11
05-21-2004, 06:59 PM
maryland plates in ontario? friend of your visiting, i love the new saab's my friend has a 95 with a fridge in the glove box, i just don't like where you but the key into the car to start it :D

Friends who are living in the T.O. area for a while, but still have a house in the US.

PATo355
05-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Its a very good looking car , i love the new styles of it , shame that it shares to many components with the other GM brothers

Zonda11
05-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Its a very good looking car , i love the new styles of it , shame that it shares to many components with the other GM brothers

From the outside it doesn't look American - but on the inside you know that it is!! :D

tuffguy
05-25-2004, 08:43 PM
he doesn't know what he's talking about the saab 93 actually has the same underpinnings as the vauxhall vectra- i just checked my knowledge in top gear mag and they agree. Though there has been collaboration between the two companies i'm not sure subarau were involved in this car or how this would make it - "a Subaru" by the same logic subarus equivilant would be a "saab" and most of the small european hatchs would also be "a VW" as many are based on the golf platforms

This is whatt jeremy say's about it- "don't be fooled by anyone telling you its just a vauxhall vectra in drag its way, way better than that!"

" At long last you don't have to buy a Saab meerly because it isn't one of the Germans- Audi, BMW or Mercedes-Benz. You can buy it because its a stylish car in its own right"

Kind words from jeremy i think and all models were given 4 stars as far as i can see :D
No, that's not why. There's an article in this month's Motor Trend. If I remember correctly, the engine and drivetrain is Subaru, the fascia from the A-pillar forward is Saab, the trunk is Saab, and the interior is Saab.

Or is it the 92X-Aero that's the Saabaru?

Anonymous
05-25-2004, 09:32 PM

No, that's not why. There's an article in this month's Motor Trend. If I remember correctly, the engine and drivetrain is Subaru, the fascia from the A-pillar forward is Saab, the trunk is Saab, and the interior is Saab.

Or is it the 92X-Aero that's the Saabaru?

yep i'm pretty sure that the 93 isn't anything to do with subaru though there is in the new 92x thing you mentioned see here http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/roadtest,view,Saab.spy?artid=18092&pg=2
i think the 93 was designed wel before they started collaborating unless you know any different :wink:

Tomerville
05-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah, my good friend from school has the same car. It is quite fun to drive even though it gets such poor reviews. I was suprised by the torque-steer however...

RME1
05-26-2004, 03:09 AM

I think he's talkin' about the forth coming SAAB 93....cause they're going to use the same boxer 4 engines...and they're (saab) are also running a turbo...so the design specs (visually and mechanically) are very similar. With the bonnet scoop and all :roll:

RME1
05-26-2004, 03:10 AM

I think he's talkin' about the forth coming SAAB 93....cause they're going to use the same boxer 4 engines...and they're (saab) are also running a turbo...so the design specs (visually and mechanically) are very similar. With the bonnet scoop and all :roll: