PDA

View Full Version : My Red Evo VIII

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 02:04 AM
My friend invited me here as we're both car nuts.

Click here to check out my car (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=71822)

Or

Here (http://www.sakote.com/html/modules.php?set_albumName=album43&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

Drei: Drop me a line if you want your SL photographed. :)

No.1
05-18-2004, 05:16 AM
Nice car, but you posted it in the wrong section :roll:

Have you got any other proof that it's yours... we like to be sure of these things :wink:

TT
05-18-2004, 05:52 AM
Welcome dude :D are you up for a custom pic? :)

Evo
05-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Congragulations, nice looking Evo.. mine was the same color almost a year ago..
Any plans to upgrade it.. by the way I was an active member at evolutionm.net but I like it here a lot more..so I don't post to offen there..

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 07:59 AM
@thenumber1: Oh... thanks. I'm new here. :) What photos do you want to see? Photos of nics and scratches perhaps? :D

@TT: Thanks for the welcome but what's a custom pic?

@Evo: I'm planning to straighten the exhaust, swap the rear lights w/ matt blacks, add a rev meter & swap mags. BTW I like your avatar I was thinking of doing that same angle for my friendster photo. Shock the old classmates & friends. :)

TT
05-18-2004, 08:01 AM
I mean, something like we did recently: you take your car, you put its manual on the boot, open at page 3 for instance ;) and take a picture :D

This helped a lot in the past :)

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 08:29 AM
@TT: As suggested... http://forums.evolutionm.net/showpost.php?p=948339&postcount=33

Errr... I took a photo of the hood/bonnet instead of the trunk. Forgot boot was British for the car's trunk. Just checked the dictionary a few clicks ago.

TT
05-18-2004, 08:30 AM
Mervellous :D fast and clean :D thanks for understanding dude :)

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 08:35 AM
@TT: No prob. My friend mentioned it to me before that there are those that get a kick out claiming they own the ride pictured. :) I honestly see no point of doing that as it's pretty sad.

BTW how do I upload my car's photo on Jabba like what you did with ur BMW?

@Evo: My Honda Civic SiR is of the same shade of Orange as your VII. You can check photos of it here (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=74913&page=1) and here (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=74913&page=2).

TT
05-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Yes and when you consider we have a member who registered 3 nicknames and lied 3 times ... :roll:

Anonymous
05-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Brilliant it appears we have a genuine owner here!! :D Congrats, we've just been having fun with a 3 time bullshitter this morning called Donny, so you can understand our scepticism- see the titles in here called BULLSHIT and the last few pages of jabbas house thread in general chat.

**EDIT** some very nice, professional looking shots, particluarly like the interior shots, really clean looking car

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 08:51 AM
@TT: That's one sad soul. How'd you track him down? I was thinking of opening up the trunk/bonnet, put my ibook w/ this thread displayed on the LCD on top of the engine w/ the manual and take a photo of it showing the front, engine, LCD and hood. But I guess an open manual ontop of the car is good enough. I took the photo at 8PM (GMT + 8hrs) which places it about an hour ago.

TT
05-18-2004, 08:53 AM
HEhe the laptop pic qhould have been superb :D

And well, to discover him was quite simple... always using the same IP...

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 09:03 AM
@AL123: People that do that are to be pitied. It's akin to people painting their car's hood/bonnet black so people will think it's made out of carbon fiber. It's fake & it's sad.

Drei: We still pushing through with the vid?

he7lius
05-18-2004, 09:05 AM
You have a great car dude. And from the looks of the road it is the best car for the job. :wink:

And well, to discover him was quite simple... always using the same IP...

Apart from bullshiting a lot he doesn't look like being to smart. :D

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 09:13 AM
@AL123: Thanks for the complement. I've been showing these photos to a photographer of local car magazine for a few days now. I'm hoping to get a part time job with them. Photographing cars for car modification money is a dream come true. :)

@TT: Yeah, well that's for next time when I upgrade to a better car. :) I have my eye on the next M3 regardless of what Bangle does to the exterior just keep the performance/handling as it is or better. That fellow must be some punk-assed kid that doesnt even own a car.

@he7luis: The dirt "road" is actually an empty lot that I took the photos of the car the first few days I got it. I wanted a rough look & confound those who saw it so they wouldn't figure out where I took the shots.

gis
05-18-2004, 09:27 AM
nice ride dude,i like the EVO a lot.

welcome to JW and its always great to know we have a genuine owner with a very nice car :D

Evo
05-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Good thing you guys did not ask me to prove that the evo was mine.. or else this website will shut down for very scary naked pix of a strange guy in an Evo :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: ..

evoWALO, the Honda Civic SiR got a darker color than the one I got, mine is from lambo. It's called Arinco something not sure.. sometime they call it Yellow/orange coz it changes color from orange to yellow depending on light.. here is some pix.. The usual members of JW got bored of this pix but sorry guys.. :mrgreen: you have to live with it :lol: .

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5562/1652.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9410/1762.jpg

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 09:36 AM
@gis: thanks for the warm welcome.

@everyone: That's my bro in the driver seat.

@Evo: How much's petrol/gas in the UAE? In my country it's roughly $0.46/liter of 95/96 RON.

Evo
05-18-2004, 09:45 AM
It's 1.42$ for the 98 octane which I use for the Evo and about 1.2$ for the 95 Octane.. I know it's high.. the price went up just couple of month's ago. And their are talks going around that they are going to take away the 98 and let us with either 95 or 92 Octane :x :x

evoWalo
05-18-2004, 10:04 AM
@Evo: US Dollars? The best gas we have here is just 96 RON. :( I'd love to try 98 one of these days. :)

novass
05-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Nice Evo!! Do you know a evoultionm.net member by the name of Mr. Bubbler? I know him through a friend of mine. He has a white Evo pushing about 450-500hp now. Ill try and get some pics of it but his car is always in the shop. LOL I guess hes never satisfied with the power. Next time he gets it back it should be running 28psi :shock:

adlinyusman
05-19-2004, 09:32 PM
man i'm slowly falling in love with the evo. They're not too expensive down here either. How's the running of the car? I had a few mates who had their evo 7 and 6s constantly in workshops..ie turbo problems, low boost (or no boost in one instance), really bad lag sometimes, gearbox problems...or did they just get lemons? Is it KL's climate? How is it in the phillipines?

Zonda11
05-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Nice Cars....the Sir was alot different than i had pictured in my mind, but you are on the other side of the world-so things have to be different.

NE Ways .....WELCOME :D :D :D

Tomerville
05-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Nice pix! nice Car!

evoWalo
05-20-2004, 08:40 PM
@novass: I see Mr. Bubbler once in a while but havent had an opportunity to chat with the fellow.

@adlinyusman: The car's so far is doing good. It gets getting used to seeming I have to wait for the engine to heat up first and idle the engine before shutting down. I dont want to prejudge your friends but it could be driver's driving habit & car maintenance that may be the problem. Lotsa people over at evolutionm.net are reporting bad clutches too. I've been to KL once to watch the second Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang and it's hella warmer than in the Philippines. More humid too. During the summer/dry season we normally get high 30s and low 40s but right now seeming we just got hit by a tropical storm/typhoon it's a steady 27. Too bad the streets are crowded cause it just rained. ^_^

@Zonda11: Funny no one asked me to prove ownership over the SiR. ;) The car's still a big deal over here as its fastest locally made car in the Philippines after the fact that Honda stopped selling it years ago. The body colour used to be exclusive & the signature colour of the car.

BADMIHAI
05-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Very nice EVO. Do you ever take it to the track? What does it run in the 1/4 mile?

evoWalo
05-22-2004, 02:28 AM
Havent had time to go to a track or time myself. Been busy setting up a new biz to make money for a new car. :)

spyd3rr
05-25-2004, 01:42 PM
those are NICE pictures dude...u used a nice camera didn't u? one with manual focus? u should be a photographer

i got a white Subaru WRX STi haha i'll post pics later. i'll race u haha then we can settle this STi vs. Evo deal once and for all

evoWalo
05-26-2004, 12:43 PM
thanks for the complement spy. i'm halfway through having my car detailed. just had it washed & waxed yesterday and will be having it finished by tomorrow. will be taking more shots when I have time. the shop that's doing my car does also had experience with Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, MBs, etc. Hopefully I can post em here if I catch any while I have my other cars done.

M-pulse
05-30-2004, 11:57 PM
.46??? Damn I pay more then double that!
//End rant

Tomerville
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Very nice car indeed! health to run her...

victor187
06-18-2004, 06:00 PM
damn i luv evos!!!!

evoWalo
08-11-2004, 12:27 PM
hi all,

i'm thinking of selling my evo viii and upgrading it to a left hand drive japanese or european evo viii mr 280 or better. would anyone know how much they go for in europe?

gis
08-11-2004, 01:49 PM
im just reading in EVO magazine now and in the back they say........

EVO viii 260 - £23.999
EVO viii MR FQ-300 £27.999
EVO viii MR FQ-320 £29.999
EVO viii MR FQ-340 £32.999

hope that helps :)

TT
08-11-2004, 01:59 PM
BTW, am I wrong or are we still waiting for a custom picture? I hope for the next car it will be a bit quicker :P

evoWalo
08-11-2004, 02:31 PM
gis: thanks for the info. any idea on the prices of left hand drive evos?

TT: just ask if you want a better shot. :)

http://www.terahertzcomputing.com/uploads/IMG_5979.JPG

gis
08-11-2004, 03:12 PM
thats a pretty cool shot actually,lol u got any vids of your car at all?

anyway,seein brand new left hand drive evo's is pretty dam rare here as i dont think the dealers themselves actually get them liek they do RHD,but at a guess a second hand LHD would be around £15-20k for the evo viii

evoWalo
08-11-2004, 03:22 PM
i'll make vids when i find time to go the track. you'd just see my speeding up and down the street imho is boring. ;)

Nik^XeN
08-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Thats a nice EVO :P, I like it more than the Impreza... This one, normaly I would say the Subaru..

gis
08-11-2004, 04:38 PM
i'll make vids when i find time to go the track. you'd just see my speeding up and down the street imho is boring. ;)

hell no it isnt.if u have any speedo videos id loev to see them.i like seeing different cars speedo's to see exactly how they accelerate
:D

TT
08-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the laptop picture! :D

SilviaEvo
08-13-2004, 04:05 AM
haha i didnt even know he owned an EVO :lol: nice car dude cool picture!