PDA

View Full Version : My new family car **** Vauxhall Vectra alert ****

jaybv6
05-13-2004, 03:52 AM
My previous ride was a Vauxhall Calibra V6 with 194bhp. Due to the fact we have our first child on it's way the Calibra had to make way for a family car. So that's what I bought.

Here are the details

Car - Vauxhall Vectra CDX V6
Year - 1999 (T) Facelift model
Engine - 2498cc V6 with full Magnex cat back stainless steel exhaust with 6x4 oval tail pipe.
Power - 170PS (168bhp) @ 5800rpm
Torque - 169.6 lb/ft @ 3200rpm
Wheels - 6Jx16 SRi Alloy Wheels
Colour - Velvet perlescent Green
Interior - Full Cream leather interior with heated front seats incorporating side impact airbags.
Features - Fully loaded including driver and passenger airbags, Cruis Control, Climate Control, 10 speaker sound system with 6 disc auto changer but to name a few of them

Here aer the pics, just click on the link.

http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/vectra.htm

Fuel consumption is a bit high at the moment, but then again I would not have bought a V6 if I was worried about fuel consumption.

jon_s
05-13-2004, 08:58 AM
hahaha, the V6 Vectra: motorway missile!

Vansquish
05-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Nicie car m8. Contrary to most of the motoring world, I always liked that version of the Vectra, it's not so mundane as discrete and it's quite a nice looking car to boot.

gis
05-13-2004, 12:32 PM
indeed nice car and u have a top end speed monster with that V6.i raced a 2 litre 16v one and that was pretty sweet straight line speed so yours obviously is quicker. :D

No.1
05-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Nice car... the vectra isn't that bad.. :wink:

It is a rapid car, especially with the V6... come to think of it, thats the only quick engine bar the 2.2 SRi version. :)

It looks as if it is pretty good condition too.. i like the leather seats :D

Anonymous
05-13-2004, 05:57 PM
nice car, lovely interior and all the toys, also a 2.5 V6 so that must shift aswell! Completely against everthing we associate with vectras, i'm sure even clarkson wouldn't mind this one.... to much :lol: Congrats if you have to go for something realtively sensible you might aswell make it quick and comfortable from the look of it!! :D 8)

BADMIHAI
05-13-2004, 06:19 PM
It looks very clean, and I'm sure it pulls nicely aswell! Nice family car indeed!

Kangaroo Boy
05-14-2004, 05:38 AM
Go Holden...I mean Vauxhall......

jon_s
05-14-2004, 09:03 AM
i'm sure even clarkson wouldn't mind this one.... to much :lol:

OMG do you remember his review of the vectra PMSL! That was quality!

Anonymous
05-14-2004, 09:10 AM
i'm sure even clarkson wouldn't mind this one.... to much :lol:

OMG do you remember his review of the vectra PMSL! That was quality!

Yeah he's not a fan! once he gets it into his head that he doesn't like a car he rarely changes his mind, though 2.5 v6 can't be bad IMO .Even better was the old one when ford wouldn't give him the new mondeo or something so he towed a tub of lard around with the model name on it in the review, unfortunately older videos are harder to find :(

Imre
05-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I love this kind vectra.I have drove 1.8 vectra and it was sweet.Most beautiful in it`s class and with v6 it must be rather fast.

TT
05-15-2004, 01:59 AM
looks nice :o :o :o i have never seen an Opel or a Vauxhall they seem nice also looking at dani_d_mas' sig i have also never seen a Renault

jaybv6
05-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Thanks for your comments. I have to admit, it's different beast to my V6 Calibra. Top end is not as good and it lacks the grunt of the Calibra but it's smoother and more refinnes although I will soon be rectifying that. I seem to have the knack of making these V6's perform and this one will not be the exception. It already has a full magnex stainless system but I also have a stainless Blitz induction kit to fit once I can figure out where to locate it to get the cool air. On top of that the whole plenum chamber is being removed so I can polish it out and get the air flowing a bit more freely.

The car is very clean and was a steal at £4300 with 62k on the clock. Before I found this one the cheapest one I could find was £5200 and that was private. I need to get the cambelt done as there is no history with the car and the font discs and pads need doing (costs £50 plus vat on my Vauxhall Trade Club account) which I will do myself.

Fuel economy goes out the window with the v6's though. Motorway driving gives me between 28 and 32 mpg but round town delivers about 23 to 24mpg. Not that bothers me too much or else I would have gone for a diesel dog. It's quiet and effortless to drive and does not struggle at all. It is indeed the perfect family car and with a little one on the wy the Leather is a wipe clean dream.

gis
05-15-2004, 06:57 AM
definately take a pic with that blitz induction kit on there,anythin else u goin to do after the induction kit or are u tryin to keep in on the family vehicle side,lol

Kangaroo Boy
05-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Whats the fastest (Holden,Vauxhall,Opel) vectra produce?