PDA

View Full Version : Any model car builders on here?

Sachmo12345
05-12-2004, 08:34 PM
I figure because we are car nuts some of you have built some models ill post mine in a little bit

Vansquish
05-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Yes...but the best 1/24 models I've built need a bit of touch up work before I post pics. I've got a '71 365 GTB/4 Daytona a Ferrari F50 an EB110 and a nice Viper GTS coupe concept car that I built about 5-6 years ago. I just haven't had the time recently to do that sort of work. All the same, the next time I'm home I'll be happy to post some pics (hopefully I can do some quick repair-work before I take any pics though hehe).

stracing
05-13-2004, 05:21 AM
yea
i'm building a DC5 ITR and the toyota 'sillycar' atm. i usually build for friends so my work ain't here to show

geekdiggy
05-13-2004, 07:18 AM
my model building heyday was mostly about war machines and shit (i was that kind of kid) but in my early teens i really really got into building cars and stuffing em with cool trinkets and things. just like how you see the mexicans in the southern california and texas and stuff, fitting lights and "miniature hydraulics" to model cars and trucks. that really used to be a big thing in my neighborhood those days. the best one i did was a dodge ram that i spray painted gold and put lifts for the front and rear axles. i also tore apart very small radio and put the reciever and channel changer in teh cabin of the truck, and carved a foam housing for the speaker and put it in the truck bed and covered it with a glossy gold colored bed lid. that was THE shit. my other noticables were classic 55 and 57 chevy coupes that i tried to make look hoodlum with silver and blue paint schemes and shit. but the sad part is i have no fucking idea where all these models went. they were either stolen or got trashed in the moving process a couple years ago. damn. now that i think about it i miss those damn things

stradale
05-13-2004, 07:54 AM
My dad is planning on photographing his collection of 1/43 models. Maybe I could post some here. When that is gonna be, I don't know...

I'm not good enough to build them. Of course I did some airplanes and 1 car (a Diablo in 1/24) when I was a kid, but since then I haven't done it anymore.

Ic3de
05-13-2004, 09:38 AM
i dunno but i build RC cars... could say they are models which move :P but yeh i love em something to do in some spare time! :!:

Kz
05-13-2004, 10:27 AM
hey stradale, what car is that in ur sig??? ferrari..?

TT
05-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 stradale

Vansquish
05-13-2004, 12:09 PM
what brand is the tipo 33 TT? I'd love to find one and build it :-)

stracing
05-13-2004, 12:52 PM
thats the real thing in the sig not a toy model

i don't think one exist for building tho

TVR_Fan
05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
So when do you think any of you car buds will post pictures up of your models, and work in progress buds.

jaybv6
05-15-2004, 01:39 AM
I have a 1/10 scale Nitro Vauxhall Astra Touring car capable of 60mph. It's a hoot to play with and the bonus is that it needs looking after as much as a real car. I have to service it after using it a. Replaced all the fuel lines the other day as they has got a few holes in and were letting in air.

http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/nitro/nitro-01.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/nitro/nitro-02.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/nitro/nitro-03.jpg

TT
05-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Yesterday I did probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life LOL.. I bought a Tamiya 1/24 model.. the ones you have to build.. last time I did that was 10 years ago.. and I was never able to do one proprely.. lack of concentration and wanting to complete them quickly...

But well... after the Enzo ride, I wanted to commemorate that someway.. so I bought a red Ferrari Enzo..

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24260enzo/

Yes sure.. those pics they show are crazy! I will never come close :D but I will try :D

TT
05-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Uh uh the Enzo engine is done :D

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2596/enzo1.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7342/enzo2.jpg

Sadly right when I was shooting the pics, the Ferrari decal on the engine head popped up a little bit.. now it's back ok, but I didn't realize it while taking the pics.. still.. I think my skills improved in the last 10 years LOL.. and my patience too :D

SFDMALEX
05-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Looks good TT. Make sure you keep us updated as you go :wink:

bmagni
05-16-2004, 05:25 PM
well i dont build but i have some built models, some bbrs, between em 2 red enzos, one in a leather base with enzos signature, n im planning to buy the black ltd edition. also i have a studio 27 f1 2000 from schumacher, with schumacher of course, it was really hard to get and not cheap, but its worth it...

a f2001 also from schumi, many cars ive got, but non of em built by me, but im planning to get the 1/12 tamiya enzo and build it myself...

Sachmo12345
05-16-2004, 05:37 PM
http://www.oshit.org/uploader2/stuff/Image005.jpg

TT
05-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Here is today's update. The engine was finally placed into the frame. Brakes and suspensions are almost done.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6821/enzo3.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4540/enzo4.jpg

PATo355
05-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Lovely TT , i am buying that one tomorrow

TT
05-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Wich color will you paint it? I was tempting to go with the black body with brown interior, but well, to commemorate "my" Enzo ride, in the end the body will be red ;)

PATo355
05-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Hhhmmm dont know , maybe TDF blue ... But i think im going with the Red , you can buy Ferrari Rosso Corsa in Tamiya paint ?

TT
05-16-2004, 09:13 PM
No idea.. but they don't have ferrari official paint ;) the suggested, classic red is called "italian red" ;)

PATo355
05-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh ok , that must be close to Ferrari Red , how much did you pay for the car ¡?

TT
05-16-2004, 09:26 PM
50 USD for the car alone

PATo355
05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Oh that is not very cheap , so must be like 40 dollars in my country , how much for everything you need to make it ?

TT
05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
If you don't have already some Tamiya paints with you, and considering also glue and the rest, double the car's price :D

PATo355
05-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Holy fucking shit ... but i will buy it , i need it

TT
05-16-2004, 09:33 PM
BTW, the Enzo is one of the most expensive 1/24 ones obviously ;)

As for the paint.. as always, when you start from scratch you have to buy all those basic black, grey, alu... and you will need something between 10 or 15 I think

PATo355
05-16-2004, 09:37 PM
BTW, the Enzo is one of the most expensive 1/24 ones obviously ;)

As for the paint.. as always, when you start from scratch you have to buy all those basic black, grey, alu... and you will need something between 10 or 15 I think

10 or 15 Coulours ? Holy shit that is mad , anyways i was thinking in building cars more often , like a hobby when i am to stressed

TT
05-16-2004, 09:38 PM
like a hobby when i am to stressed

HAHA, building cars stresses me A LOT!!!!

PATo355
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
like a hobby when i am to stressed

HAHA, building cars stresses me A LOT!!!!

Well i really do not stress me out a lot in school , but i think it can release some of my stress by doing something that i love , so i think i am getting an Enzo and then the CarreraGT

stracing
05-16-2004, 11:01 PM
haha i see TT is getting into it. its fun, i know how much it costs and the rest

i think its says bright red...TS-49 if i'm not mistaken. use grey primer to get that italian red. the italian red they suggest is too red! almost like blood.

also tamiya has a guide on how to paint. also ifyou have a airbursh should try to make burnt exhaust colours.

did you get the new kit with CF decals? if not tamiya shows how to do it.

another thing you should of got is the studio 27 upgrade kit if its available. if not get it online. photoetched parts just make it that bit more real

PATo355
05-16-2004, 11:10 PM
HHmmm ... nice , so you suggest painting it Grey first and then Red ?

stracing
05-16-2004, 11:44 PM
there are two primers...grey and white. translucent colours should use white. however "bright red" from tamiya doesn't really give the red you want so by using the grey primer it should get close.

PATo355
05-17-2004, 12:24 AM
there are two primers...grey and white. translucent colours should use white. however "bright red" from tamiya doesn't really give the red you want so by using the grey primer it should get close.

Will try that , i just checked Towerhobbies.com for the car , and the Enzo is by far the most Expensive , 42 dollars , you can get the f50 for 20 and the F40 for 17.99 , so i think im going to buy some :shock:

stracing
05-17-2004, 12:33 AM
try getting it from japan

www.hlj.com

if i can't get it in hong kong i get it here. i'm not sure how it compares to your country but compared to australia its a lot cheaper even after paying postal and credit fees.

the f50 and f40 are cheap obvioulsy because they are old kits

TT
05-17-2004, 06:08 AM
haha i see TT is getting into it. its fun, i know how much it costs and the rest

i think its says bright red...TS-49 if i'm not mistaken. use grey primer to get that italian red. the italian red they suggest is too red! almost like blood.

also tamiya has a guide on how to paint. also ifyou have a airbursh should try to make burnt exhaust colours.

did you get the new kit with CF decals? if not tamiya shows how to do it.

another thing you should of got is the studio 27 upgrade kit if its available. if not get it online. photoetched parts just make it that bit more real

Actually the red is the TS-8, called italian red :D and the result on the already red body isn't that bad :D

As for airbrush and trying to go that far into details, I'm not really up to it ;)

Upgrade kits... uhm... never seen them around here :D and for a come back into models building, I prefer not to overdo :D

Ah and no, no CF decals in my kit.. let's see if I can find the tutorial you are talking about.. do you have an url?

stracing
05-17-2004, 07:17 AM
my kit is still in the box so i can't remember which colour, but from experience italian red isn't close compared to bright red.

actually photoetched parts help the inexpereinced. coz all you do is stick em on

i thought you would of got the newer kits. newer kits have CF decals which i forgot to get my hands on whilst i was in HK.

ok tamiya server is slow atm. just goto www.tamiya.com goto either japan or america (both english). somewehre down the bottom has "assembly tips". anymore questions you can ask me.

TT
05-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Cool thanks.. and well, I bought the only Enzo I found... I remember old kits 10 years ago already had CF decals...

Anyway I'm working on the damn cockpit now :D

stracing
05-17-2004, 08:49 AM
i meant the newer kits that were released for the enzo had CF decals

you have the older version of the enzo from tamiya.

TT
05-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Comon, am I the only one working on something atm?

Here are the last two pics, taken this morning..

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3378/enzo5.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/543/enzo6.jpg

stracing
05-18-2004, 09:40 PM
not bad!
but you cheated, you had your gf to help :P

RC45
05-18-2004, 09:46 PM
TT - it is looking great!!

I "hated" building Tamiya kits (I built Tamiya motorcyle models for customers in the late '80's and early '90's) - as the details are so good , it is a shame to have to hide them under the bodywork... ;)

That Enzo is screaming out to be built into a diorama with about 10 other cars (Enzo's) on a production line in various stages of completion....

PATo355
05-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Its lookins stunning TT , reading a few articles about Enzo kits i decided to go for the Revell-Monogram one , its cheaper ( only 16 dollars ) lacks a little in details but you dont need an intermediate level to build it , maybe i will go tomorrow and get it

Tomerville
05-18-2004, 11:19 PM
I have a 1/10th scale HPI RS4 Pro 3 4WD R/C electric kit car if that counts.

stracing
05-19-2004, 01:59 AM
i built one bike and that was the 1999 or 98 honda bike doohan rode. after that i stopped, they are so frustrusting to build. although it came out alright after first atempt

Picture Link (http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/stracing/honda.jpg)

pato! why revell?!
tamiya is so much better, even some hobbyists say its TOO detailed!

TT
05-19-2004, 05:41 AM
Yes IMO even if you are a total noob like me, you can do a Tamiya model if you take it easy (and if you have a girlfriend that repaints dolls, even better :D)

TT
05-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Little update.. the underbody is done, the front fans are installed as long as some minor details in the engine bay.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1991/enzo07.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8505/enzo08.jpg

stradale
05-19-2004, 09:25 AM
It looks mightily impressive, TT.

How does a kit like this work? To you have to spray and paint all the parts or is it just moulded in plastic of that colour? Further, any decals you have to apply? And how do you attach parts? With glue? (I'm a complete noob when it comes to Tamiya kits)

TT
05-19-2004, 09:30 AM
It looks mightily impressive, TT.

How does a kit like this work? To you have to spray and paint all the parts or is it just moulded in plastic of that colour? Further, any decals you have to apply? And how do you attach parts? With glue? (I'm a complete noob when it comes to Tamiya kits)

You have to paint with brush or spray every single bit... they are already moulded most of the time in colors similar to the correct one.. of course one that has to be white won't be into one of the black grills.

But well, while the pieces come in red, grey and black moulding, the true colors are way more that that.. so you can't get away w/o painting them all.. sometimes it's stupid to paint a small details that will be buried between the engine and the underbody for instance. but well, for the sake of the 100% completion... :D
I used the spray only on the bigger parts of the body, all the rest is way better to do with a small brush of course.
Decals, yes, there are always some classic ones that you have to put on water for a while and then they can slide from their base onto the correct emplacement and this Enzo also have some metallic decals as the one you can see on the engine heads.
And yes, all the parts have to be attached together with some glue :D (beside the moving ones like doors and so on of course :D

Ah, I'm a partial noob too :D

cho_888
05-20-2004, 06:35 PM
yes must be very vyer patient TT the detail is insain, that car will always be close to your heart now.

TT
05-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Don't tell me! It's a pain sometimes :D

TT
05-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Here is today's update the windshiels is in place with the whiper, part of the body is already there, on the sides with the lateral air intakes. The bonnet and front bumper are almost ready to be fitted but first I need to install the doors... it seems almost done, but still full of shitty details to do :D

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1393/enzo09.jpg

stracing
05-21-2004, 10:18 AM
looking good!

are you going to wax it? if you haven't done so

gtx28
05-21-2004, 10:22 AM
I love the detail of the tamiya kits, I built a Honda NR 750 Motorcycle a while back. Ever since I have been disappointed with Monogram products. Any tips on building TT? Im not the greatest, the small stuff usually gets me the most, I can spray it and usually it looks good. But the paint brush stuff usually gets screwed. lol Anyhow nice Enzo lookin good Laters.

TT
05-21-2004, 10:45 AM
are you going to wax it? if you haven't done so

Well I wanted to try.. I remember I read something about waxing techniques for scale models... no idea if I could use the same product I use for my car (the model beeing plastic).. any tips?

And gtx28, well, I'd like to help, but I'm a total newbie myself too since the only ones I did were 10 years ago :D.. the basic tips, the ones I can give are quite easy:

- have a good place where to work -> table and chair with a comfortable position that allows you to work with the forearm on the table for instance, so only the hand is free to move (less shaking)
- for brushes, well, no idea.. so far no big problems.. of course big surfaces look way better if sprayed, but for the small pieces, just use small brushes and use at least a couple of layers of paint

For more indepth tips, well, I'm not up to the task :D

Tomerville
05-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Looks good TT, what scale is it?

gtx28
05-21-2004, 10:59 AM
I like some of the tips that are on the tamiyausa site, they gave some tips on the enzo, seems knowledge of how to use an airbrush, along with access to one seems to be a big thing for models. I always used RATTLE CANS as they call em in the past. Never needed an airbrush, i guess i will try one out.

TT
05-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Looks good TT, what scale is it?

It's 1/24

ARMAN
05-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Nice work TT, I always bought "ready to play" ones :)

stracing
05-21-2004, 09:27 PM
TT: you don't need to buy those modelling polishes and waxes etc. you can just use ones from auto stores. plus you get a lot more quanity for the same price for tiny little bottle

i recommend Mother's Carnuba Wax. I'm sure you can get Mother's they're pretty international. If not, Meguiars. As for the applicator, i think it was Loctite that made a very soft cloth. I chucked the packaging away so i can't remember. But try to find the softest appilcator you can. Preferably in cotton, so maybe an old t-shirt may do.

I can't see how the surfaces look in the pic, but if its quite smooth you can skip the polishing bit and straight into waxing.

The tip about couple of layers of paint, that applies to acrylic. Not enamel, enamel is oil based and one layer is enough.

gtx: well you're missing the wonders of an airbrush. especially paintitng the interior. paint comes on so thin, the details are will never be covered. i used to use brush and sometimes vents and other small details get covered.

TT
05-22-2004, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the tipps dude :D again

stracing
05-22-2004, 06:41 AM
no worries
its one of my fave hobbies and i like to help

Ic3de
05-22-2004, 10:06 AM
yeh very nice.. i got a F50 in Silver in same scale.. they very nice cars.. and the Enzo i must pick a model up for that too!!

TT
05-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Oh BTW stracing.. are there many other models with moving parts (doors and engine cover for the Enzo)? I'm talking about Tamiya, the easiest to find here.

stracing
05-22-2004, 10:38 AM
tamiya isn't realy into moving parts with their kits. thats the only downside really. it would be good to expose engines but they don't do it.

ones i know of are racing cars but i know you're not interested in them. anyways the latest DTM cars have moving doors. JGTC NSX can reveal the engine. but revell usually does movable engine covers.

TT
05-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Cool :D

Indeed it would be nice to have at least a way to open the engine bay to show some of the details.

But well, the less moving parts, the easier :D

Vansquish
05-23-2004, 03:16 PM
you could jury-rig something so that you can have an opening engine compartment...I just got the same Tamiya model and am planning on doing precisely that (assuming I can figure out how to do so in a way that looks good)

There is a Revell/AMT model of the Enzo with an opening engine compartment, but there are no other opening parts and the wheels are fixed at the straight ahead position, not to mention the fact that the detail really sucks by comparison with the Tamiya car.

TT
05-23-2004, 03:30 PM
you could jury-rig something so that you can have an opening engine compartment...I just got the same Tamiya model and am planning on doing precisely that (assuming I can figure out how to do so in a way that looks good)

Dude, the Tamiya Enzo already has an opening engine cover and opening doors :D

peacenriot69
05-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Does any of you guys fabricate your own pieces or are all of these box models? It would be interesting to design and build your own concept car , well atleast on a small scale might be a bit cheaper to start
:?:

Vansquish
05-24-2004, 01:16 AM
...it has an opening engine cover...but it isn't hinged...it must either be placed in the open or closed position as far as I can tell.

TT
05-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Almost there with the damn Enzo :D

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3249/enzo10.jpg

Anonymous
05-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Almost there with the damn Enzo :D

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3249/enzo10.jpg

Awesome coming together well :D Now all you need is a mini TT to go inside :P :wink: BTW make sure those brakes are ceramic or i'd ask for my money back :wink:

DanielW
05-25-2004, 12:08 PM
holy crap that's a detailed model. who makes it??

Anonymous
05-25-2004, 12:19 PM
holy crap that's a detailed model. who makes it??

Um see first page :roll:

Vansquish
05-25-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm in the process of painting the bodywork of mine...I spent a good chunk of yesterday building the rest of it so basically it's just finishing details that remains :-D Then it's on to the F50 and Bugatti EB110.

TT
05-25-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm in the process of painting the bodywork of mine...I spent a good chunk of yesterday building the rest of it so basically it's just finishing details that remains :-D Then it's on to the F50 and Bugatti EB110.

Hey, we want pics :D I just bought a 911 Speedster myself today :D

stracing
05-25-2004, 10:43 PM
haha
i told ya TT, you're getting hooked!

Vansquish
05-25-2004, 10:47 PM
gotta wait for the bodywork to dry (it's rather humid here in Michigan unfortunately)...I don't really want to bring it inside to stink the place up. I'll post some pics tomorrow :-)

Vansquish
05-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Okies...here are some pics...gotta do some work on the rear end as the engine cover doesn't fit quite as well as I'd like...other than that and decals on the wheels and brake disks and nose, it's done :-)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2424/100_0835.JPG
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5015/100_0836.JPG
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1483/100_0837.JPG
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1474/100_0839.JPG
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1899/100_0840.JPG
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1328/100_0842.JPG

....satisfied TT? hehehe...how's yours coming?

TT
05-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Nice job dude! Mine is almost ready.. I just have to finish painting the engine cover, the inside part of it I mean.. all the rest is in place :D

Vansquish
05-26-2004, 12:58 PM
sweet hehe...a brace of Enzos :-D

DanielW
05-26-2004, 12:59 PM
i think that building a model car, makes you really appreciate how beautiful those cars really are.

TT
05-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Not when you want to hit it with the biggest hammer you can find :D

No.1
05-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Just a question for you two guys - how many different colours do you need to paint the Enzo :?: And how much does the kit and paint cost?

I think i will try to build one... i am going to have some spare time, so i might as well do something productive with it :)

TT
05-26-2004, 02:10 PM
For the Enzo you will need two spray cans, the primer obviously and as for the little paints you use with the brush, 13 of them

The car alone costed me around 25-30 GBP.. the small color costs around 1.50 GBP each, the spray cans probably around 5 and the primer a bit more than that.. consider also a couple of brushes, different sized... I think you can't get away spending less than 50 or 60 GBP

No.1
05-26-2004, 03:41 PM
I think you can't get away spending less than 50 or 60 GBP

Hmmmm... we'll have to see. :(

I'm going through a period of low cash flow at the moment, but i'll se what i can do.... i really want to do this :?

It would make me very proud of myself :P :wink:

jon_s
05-26-2004, 03:48 PM
I just built myself a Porsche GT3 it all came to arond £50, BUT, remember a lot of the little pains can be used on other cars, even the big paints can do two car bodies, brushes you won't have to get again for ages. e.t.c

My kit was going well intill the final window. I put glue around the edge, not much, but it melted the paint. When I lifted my finger, the 'glass' moved and smudged a mix of blue pain and glue on the visable bit of the window. Well pissed off!!!

Also, don't use too harsh a sand paper when preping the body, you will see the scratches through the paint!! :oops:

RC45
05-26-2004, 04:00 PM
A little secret for mounting windows on model cars I learned almost 30 years ago (been building scale models since I was 6 or 7) --

RC45 Model Tip of the Day:
When mounting plastic windows, tunr/signals and side marker lighst (or and small chrome/etc details) - use wood glue. Dries clear, and waterproof, and does not have fumes like ACC that can frost over clear pieces, and does not have solvents like styren based cements so no fear of lifting paint etc.

-----

Stay tuned for another tip tomorrow.

:)

stradale
05-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks RC. Nice tip. I'll tell my dad about that one. He's pretty experienced with that sort of stuff now, he tried all sorts of glue. But I've never heard him about wood glue before. I think he uses two-component stuff, not sure though.

jon_s
05-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Now that is cunning. This was my first kit............errr............ever! lol

Did not turn out too bad IMO. Will try and get some pics.

No.1
05-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Now that is cunning. This was my first kit............errr............ever! lol

Did not turn out too bad IMO. Will try and get some pics.

Please do :P

Thanks to all of you for the tips.. i am going to take the plunge, but only after my exams :wink:

Vansquish
05-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the wood glue tip RC45...I've been having trouble with windows frosting from cyanoacrylate and plastic model glues for years...never considered it...I've tried Elmers glue in the past, but it wasn't strong enough to hold the windows in place for very long and they often came undone when someone picked up the model...in the meantime...I'malmost completely finished with the F50 as well...I seem to have left the tires at home (I'm at school at the moment), so I can't mount the wheels, but I put the brakes on so you guys can see what it ought to look like.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/902/100_0843.JPG
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8700/100_0853.JPG
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9527/100_0847.JPG
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8103/100_0851.JPG
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5769/100_0844.JPG

Sachmo12345
05-26-2004, 10:04 PM
very nice models

stracing
05-27-2004, 06:37 AM
again for the lights. paint silver on top of the clear red and orange. it looks better than painting the silver on the body. i actually been using clear paint to glue my clear parts, takes a bit longer to dry but just as effective.

jon_s: your window can still be saved. you'll just need to sand it from med grit to the finest grit you can find. polish it and then dip it in some floor polish.

Vansquish
05-27-2004, 04:00 PM
I'll keep that in mind for the EB110...but I have to go buy a bit of blue paint before I can start hehe.

TT
05-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Finally my Enzo.. same little problem as Vansquish.. the engine cover isn't really perfectly matching the rest of the body :?

I'm trying to figure out how to solve that, but I guess I will keep the car with the engine cover open :D it's quite cool anyway :D

http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo11.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo12.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo13.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo14.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo15.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo16.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo17.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo18.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo19.jpg
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/enzo20.jpg

Now time to work on the 911 Speedster.. way simpler :D

No.1
05-29-2004, 07:19 PM
:P ... very nice TT

I hope to get mine soon :wink: ...

One Question - Are the decals the ones which are transferred with water, or are they stickers :?:

TT
05-29-2004, 07:37 PM
with water and also some metallic ones for mirrors, Ferrari writing on the rear spoiler, the horse on the engine cover, the Pininfirina on the sides

stracing
05-30-2004, 12:15 AM
with practive i think it will be perfect

with the engine cover, you actually needed to sand it back a little before painting. its that extra thickness of paint that is stopping you from fully closing

TT
05-30-2004, 02:43 AM
its that extra thickness of paint that is stopping you from fully closing

The bitch!

Vansquish
05-30-2004, 01:47 PM
The metallic ones are really cool...they're actually photo-etched metal transfers, much like the metal emblems on the real car which are glued into place. They're really impressive and fantastically well detailed.

Vansquish
05-30-2004, 01:51 PM
As for the paint thickness...that is not an issue on my Enzo, I was cautious about that and as far as I can tell it is actually a matter of the way the rear undertray is mounted. The way it is oriented at the moment means that the rear end of the car slumps downwards slightly such that the meeting points at the leading and trailing edges of the engine cover do not match with the surrounding bits of bodywork...and that results in the fact that the rear fenders don't match with the engine cover...with a little finagling it should be something that can be fixed, but at the moment I'm not going to worry too horribly much and just display it with the rear end opened up.

DR.GONZO
05-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Yea I have done a few I have at least 6 in a box that I have never started, I need to start doing this, but I ran out of all the glue! :x

stracing
05-30-2004, 10:52 PM
well the ppl i know have built it didn't have any fitting problems after sanding some of the parts down before painting. even the guide on tamiya's site said so

Vansquish
05-31-2004, 01:14 AM
That may well be the case, but I fit the panels prior to painting and there were still gaps...I'll give it a shot, but I highly doubt that that is the problem with my particular car.

I am quite sure that the problem with my Enzo lies with the way that the rear undertray is mounted...as I didn't quite do that perfectly and as a result there is some offset of the rear fenders which explains the gap between the fenders and the hood.

chipanggo
06-15-2004, 03:08 AM
hi all. i love cars and i absolutely love building plastic scale models. i'll gateher some pics and post them. :D

Vansquish
06-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Here are a couple pictures of the EB110 :-)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8986/100_0914.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6302/Bugatti.jpg

stracing
06-17-2004, 10:08 PM
what did you do with the interior?

should of used some masking tape

Vansquish
06-17-2004, 10:58 PM
no...I shouldn't have used any masking tape...that's the way the car looks.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6673/BugattiEB110interior1.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6849/BugattiEB110interior.jpg

do some research before biting my head off next time.

SilviaEvo
06-17-2004, 11:58 PM
haha bite his head BITE HIS HEAD!!! :mrgreen:

Vansquish
06-18-2004, 12:42 AM
:-E working on it... ;-)

THE_GT3
06-18-2004, 12:35 PM
that enzo looks nice...
i'm working on a 993 GT2, it's my first model.
:D

stracing
06-19-2004, 05:12 AM
look how straight the lines are on the real one!

Vansquish
06-19-2004, 03:51 PM
What exactly are you complaining about man? I painted mine freehand, the only error I see is on the right hand side of the vertical portion of the gauge console where the two halves meet...at that spot there's a little bobble, but hardly anything to be upset about.

stracing
06-19-2004, 10:39 PM
thats what i meant
its just when i build mine i just like it to be perfect...but i wasnt being harsh. you just took it the wrong way

Vansquish
06-19-2004, 11:16 PM
hehe...you made me uptight...I went back and touched up the bobble...now it's a straight line. :-P

jamberl
06-20-2004, 10:27 PM
TT: what camera did you use to take your pics? I tried taking some shots of my models once, but they came out all blurry. Any tips?

Im working on a 1:12 scale 911 RS (g-series) at the moment. I got semi-serious a few years ago and bought myself an airbursh and a bunch of other stuff. I would definitely recommend an airbrush over the spray cans you can get instead. You get much more control.

Its kinda funny- whoever put the model together cannot read!! On the box it says the model is a 911 Turbo, but it has the body of an RS and no turbos on the engine!!! But models of this scale are hard to find so I got it anyway.

I did a couple of 1:32 scale planes before that, and the millenium falcon- thats why I ask about the camerawork, i'd like to take some decent pics of them!!

After I finish the 911, I have a 1:18 scale 959 to do. But as you mentioned in some of your posts, It can get sooooooooooooooo frustrating!!! HAhaha you can feel like smashing it to pieces with a large metal object :twisted: :twisted:

novass
06-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Damn TT, nice work! Ive been thinking about gettin back into models, I used to do a shit load of them when I was younger.

chipanggo
06-25-2004, 02:15 AM
i'm currently on a sabbatical from building model cars. after a couple of years of this hobby, i needed a one year break. i'm now gathering all my stuff again since i plan to start building again come august. in the meantime, here are some pics of a benetton b192 that i built early last year. hope you like it.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/971400b192-3.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/206701b192-1.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/199573b192-4.jpg

tifneedle208
06-27-2004, 08:17 PM
I do model cars, but I really suck. :( I like to do it, but they turn out so ho hum I am starting to think its just a big waste of money. :oops: