PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear SLR vs. Carrera GT!!!

CarreraGtRacer
05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.supercarfreak.net/gallery/SLR-vs-CGT

Enjoy it guys :)

PATo355
05-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Thx , but it was already posted by st-anger today :D

CarreraGtRacer
05-12-2004, 11:31 PM
yeah I realized...oh well shoot me

PATo355
05-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Hahaha , no need to shoot you man ... and i think its better organized here ... st-anger posted it in some place of his neverending threads :mrgreen:

jorge
05-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks anyway! :)

HoboPie
05-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Why the hell won't anyone put an Enzo in a real test? I don't mean a driving test, but a full on comparison with lap times and a real verdict. I just want to know how it would do.

The 0-100-0 was insanely impressive, but a topgear test would be better. Sadly that isn't likely to happen based on the season preview part of the first ep.

PATo355
05-13-2004, 02:57 AM
Its difficult to find someone lend you the Enzo for lap testing , the CGT and SLR are press cars

st-anger
05-13-2004, 09:57 AM
... st-anger posted it in some place of his neverending threads :mrgreen:

LOL.... :lol:

i´m extremely sorry m8, i´ll immediately stop posting here on JW, sorry again...... :(

j/k........... :wink:

st-anger
05-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Its difficult to find someone lend you the Enzo for lap testing , the CGT and SLR are press cars

hmmmm, maybe i could arrange something... :wink:

no, to be honest i´d know some ppl with those cars, one of them already lended his Enzo to the PAG to compare it a bit with the CGT...
would be nice to see them all at one spot, maybe NS.... :P

schnell318
05-13-2004, 01:05 PM

no, to be honest i´d know some ppl with those cars, one of them already lended his Enzo to the PAG to compare it a bit with the CGT...

will that really ever happen???

st-anger
05-13-2004, 02:23 PM

will that really ever happen???

this´s just a theoretical discussion, both CGT and Enzo owners are from germany, SLR from sweden...
´d be kinda difficult to bring them all together, so i´m afraid no, this won´t happen so fast.... :?

well, i´m quite sure Sport Auto´ll find a way... :wink:
definitely CGT this summer again, SLR 90%, Enzo....i´ve no idea, offically from Ferrari....not very likely, but maybe a private owner´ll lend it to HvS....time´ll tell... :wink: :P

gucom
05-13-2004, 03:02 PM
from what i heard Ferrari gets pretty PISSED if u let car mags/car shows use their top-range supercars (also with F50, they insinuated ppl would lose their place on the "loyal customers" list for the next supercar if they would lend their car)
But lets hope one brave man will step forward and face ferrari :lol:

anyway i dont agree with JC on his final verdict here, id go for the CGT anytime

rayaz
05-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah i agree with you guys, Jeremy is getting older it seems, and that shows in his decision to opt for the "flabby" SLR as opposed to the CGT.

The CGT definitely looks the sports car, and also has the performance to back it, the SLR in comparison looks more a cruiser (atleast on the external looks, though the performance is right there with the CGT) and seems to be designed for people who want a super car that is also more a tourer, while the CGT is a pure blood racer, which is what super cars are all about (my thought atleast).

DeMoN
05-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I would love to see this even at my current 56K lol, unfortuantelly, it says "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" anyone have a mirror site?

PATo355
05-14-2004, 02:39 PM
I would love to see this even at my current 56K lol, unfortuantelly, it says "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" anyone have a mirror site?

Take a look at the Magazine Scans section , there is a mirror there :D

CarreraGtRacer
05-14-2004, 06:12 PM
the site is temporarly down...check back in a few hours

crazyxzer0
05-14-2004, 11:15 PM
:( ...shame its bandwidth died.