PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar X-TYPE Estate

TT
08-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Jaguar is changing... the diesel engine announced, the estate...

I don't know... I love the XJ, not the last model... the perfect one was the one before IMO...

But hell, a diesel estate with "Jaguar" on it, sounds so strange to me...

http://www.youngbabez.com/jaguar/estate/pic01.jpg

http://www.youngbabez.com/jaguar/estate/pic02.jpg

http://www.youngbabez.com/jaguar/estate/pic03.jpg

1zippo1
08-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Lookswise: The back looks nice BUT in my oppinion totally doesn't suit with the front ... The back looks a bit like a modern estate car & the front is too much old style jaguar like...

skelter
08-16-2003, 06:03 PM
You can hardly tell it's a jaguar if all you see is the backshot.

Johns
08-16-2003, 06:16 PM
not feelin it, jaguar is going down the drain, unless they come up w/ somethin sick :)

AlienDB7
08-16-2003, 07:38 PM
not feelin it, jaguar is going down the drain, unless they come up w/ somethin sick :)
Like putting that jag F-type into production!

draak666
08-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Don't like it. Why the fuck are they starting to make diesels and estates? Jaguar is owned by Ford, who also owns Volvo. They cannot by any means beat their V70. So why trying? Jaguar should stick with what they do best, i.e. making classy cars, and diesel ruins the class.

And as for the F-type, Jaguar has waited too long to put it into production. I was really looking forward to that car, but now BMW has beaten Jaguar to making the most exciting roadster with the Z4. They are now too late!

dis3as3d
08-17-2003, 02:25 AM
jesus that is horrible

Fleischmann
12-30-2003, 10:37 AM
A Jaguar estate powered by a diesel engine...strange. The back kind of reminds me the Volvo S40 Combi.

Kangaroo Boy
12-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Thats look like some kinda MG Estate with a Jaguar X type front.Ugly.

bmwfreak
12-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Jag need the money to finance exciting cars. And the only way of showing parent company Ford-PAG that they SHOULD build new exciting cars is by selling bucketloads of the existing ones. The existence of a diesal estate Jag (my heart breaks just typing it) is a necessary evil, to ensure that Jag can at least prolong its existence and somehow make a return to profitiability. Aston Martin did it this year, for the first time since it was bought by Ford way back when, so Jag have a tough act to follow. Currently their sales volume i sonly in the region of 200,000 cars, when they should be selling at least double that. They need to build the F-Type, yes, but Ford is holding back its purse strings, especially considerng the fact that the Blue Oval itself had losses of over 3.8 billion US dollars globally this year.

As for the looks of the estate X-type..... They have a design crisis on their hands, no doubt about it. With Ian McCallum and Julian Thompson ( Of range rover and Aston Martin (IM) and Lotus Elise (JT) ) in charge of design, we might have to wait a bit.

hgt
12-30-2003, 12:47 PM
A Jag diesel estate - it's very sad in fact that such a company needs to search for money in such a way. Lets just hope that they won't totally loose their exclusivity. I believe that there are simply some things that LORD is not supposed to do :(

And about it's ass: this looks like a Kia or something. It might only wish to look like a Volvo's ass.

RC45
12-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Ford anf GM - the Wal-Mart's of the autoworld... get used to it... ;)

Each is trying the sell more shit than the other.

pimrusis
12-31-2003, 02:01 AM
The headlamps of this car simply do not go with the shape (however I always hated the look of estates - except for the sultan of brunei's ferrari which was in TT's other post).

bmwfreak
01-01-2004, 04:49 AM
Oh jaguar oh jaguar, how far you have fallen.

Just where, WHERE, did it all go wrong?

levensnevel
01-01-2004, 05:00 AM
It went wrong the minute they became part of the Blue Oval Syndicate :cry:

pimrusis
01-01-2004, 01:27 PM
TT, I thought you were trying to compare the backs of the Estate Jag with a Ford Focus before I realized it was your "car of the day."